Recent TSB to fix wind noise - Page 7 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-28-2014, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
had mine done...kinda.

took mine in about 2 weeks ago. had to show the service manager the TSB. he volunteered to skip and go right to replacing only the driver's side window seal. i let him know that i didn't think that was going to work. my seal had a half-inch divot about 6 inches from the hinge-end of the seal. he said that's where the sound was coming from (after not driving the car, btw). needless to say, it didn't work. still got the wind noise, no change in decibel level to me.

i've been too busy to take it in, but i have an appointment scheduled for next week to have it done properly.

hope this helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-28-2014, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Groans: 15
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Couple of things here:

What area is the "belt line" they refer to, where is that?

I read through this thread pretty through, i think, no one mentioned the mirrors, for me the most annoying thing i hear at highway speed is around and through the driver side mirror. Fortunately reading through the TSB I see they also address the mirrors. I talked to my Mazda dealer on Friday and I will start the process in the next week or so.
post #63 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 08:00 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
couldn't narrow it down on my car... all new seals when the parts come in O.o. Full day and a loaner car this time, lol.

nobouncecap, I could see that being a problem. Open roads, and a little smaller personal frame make all the difference. I actually like the flat empty interior in the MX-5 to the interior in the 6. Though, I got my hands on a fully loaded GT while they were checking mine out... that MRCC is NICE.. aside from that I was cursing the same weatherstripping problems and wind noise I had in my car -.-. They almost had me, offered a lease that was well below what the sport is costing me. Fortunately sooner than later I realized at the end of the lease I would've owed what I owe on my sport NOW. LOL. I'm looking forward to seeing what '16 brings though... a tech with sunroof is tempting, I have to think Mazda will make a move to a panaramic roof on the 6 as many of the big boys are doing, but in the back of my mind, doubt it :P

2013 Volt (family car)
2013 MX5 Club PRHT (wife's toy)
2001 Firebird Formula (my toy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 117 (permalink) Old 10-03-2014, 07:11 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Groans: 8
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
All set, Mazda didn't even make me come in to verify the TSB was necessary. Service guy just was busy all week.

Getting it done next friday. And the new door seals I had replaced all around the car...they said there's ANOTHER new revision available, so those are getting replaced too.

I wonder what they're gonna do since they didn't even verify the noise. Said it should take 2 hours or so.

2014 Mazda6 JBM Sport.
LED Treatment (Red Interior, White Vanity, White Trunk, White License Plate, Rear Turn Signal LEDs)
DDM 55W HIDs
AutoTrim Kick Plates & Mud Flaps
Wishlist: Corksport SRI,
, 25% Tints,
, Chrome Door Handles, Gloss Plastidipped Wheels.

post #65 of 117 (permalink) Old 10-04-2014, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danstheman7 View Post
All set, Mazda didn't even make me come in to verify the TSB was necessary. Service guy just was busy all week.

Getting it done next friday. And the new door seals I had replaced all around the car...they said there's ANOTHER new revision available, so those are getting replaced too.

I wonder what they're gonna do since they didn't even verify the noise. Said it should take 2 hours or so.
Do you have the revise TSB #?
post #66 of 117 (permalink) Old 10-04-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptystreets130 View Post
Do you have the revise TSB #?
This friday it'll be on my service receipt, i'll post it then.

2014 Mazda6 JBM Sport.
LED Treatment (Red Interior, White Vanity, White Trunk, White License Plate, Rear Turn Signal LEDs)
DDM 55W HIDs
, 25% Tints,

post #67 of 117 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 02:27 PM

Interesting, they had a couple parts backordered for mine, I wonder if those were sent as the new p/n... hmm. Anyhow, I'm down for Thursday. Can I repeat how excited I am about this? The wind-noise from my right rear has been driving me INSANE. I can deal with the drivers side front noise.... because it's right there, and it doesn't particularly distract me. The other one though ';..;' it angers me. LOL. Looking forward to a nice quiet ride... well, if the kids don't argue the whole way home afterwards. -.- "That cloud is a dinosaur"... "NO".... and all the way home too. wowza.

2013 Volt (family car)
)
post #68 of 117 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 01:54 AM

Meh, I was so down for the TSB but even after being promised (verbally) to have the service completed (insulation and new door seals), they tested my car for wind noise anyway and didn't tell me nothing was done with it until literally the end of the day. They had the car ALL DAY!

Getting real fed up with them recently.

Hope your experience is better @RacingTiger03

p.s. do take a photo if you see a cloud-dinosaur, i've heard those are extinct

2014 Mazda6 JBM Sport.
DDM 55W HIDs
, 25% Tints,

post #69 of 117 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstheman7 View Post
Meh, I was so down for the TSB but even after being promised (verbally) to have the service completed (insulation and new door seals), they tested my car for wind noise anyway and didn't tell me nothing was done with it until literally the end of the day. They had the car ALL DAY!

Getting real fed up with them recently.

Hope your experience is better @RacingTiger03

p.s. do take a photo if you see a cloud-dinosaur, i've heard those are extinct

Yikes! I generally expect poor/non-existent communication from ANY shop I leave any car with. They are usually either too busy to take care of that part, or just don't care.. or something of both. Either way, for the better part of 10 years, I call and check when I'm promised things are and fairly often after that time has passed if it's not done the first time I check. That has usually saved me a lot of headaches... After I figure out a shop's routine though I'm much more relaxed about it, I just show up when I'm ready for the car, and only once did that backfire on me but it was my fault "Take your time, I don't need it and I want the job done right"... 2 weeks later... I had an exhaust. LMAO. Though, I did get it at half price because they only worked on it when they weren't doing anything else!

I'm certainly hoping for a good experience, they've set me up a loaner, and I'm dropping the car off at 7:30 and picking it up at 5:30 for replacing every single seal head to toe on all 4 doors! (just in time too, rears were starting to stick again and starting to tear at the glue from the repair -.- )... not to mention I'm at 33K miles!!

Ohhh my the cloud dinosaur.. LOL. I hear they have quite a thunderous roar... that's what my daughter tells me at least. 2 years old and a sense of humor that's spot on.. I'm in trouble. LOL.

2013 Volt (family car)
)

Last edited by RacingTiger03; 10-14-2014 at 09:17 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to RacingTiger03 For This Useful Post:
danstheman7 (10-14-2014)
post #70 of 117 (permalink) Old 10-18-2014, 06:39 PM

FWIW, got my car back today with everything fixed (took the dealer 2 days to do EVERYTHING!). The change is.. well, insignificant at worst. nice improvement at best. under 60 it's completely a non-issue now, as before I even had trouble around 40. 60-70 it's so so, but I'll reserve judgement, as it was quite the windy day today! 70-80.. nice! For once the right rear isn't driving me nuts constantly trying to figure out what's there, and the driver's front is significantly more quiet.

2013 Volt (family car)
)
The Following User Says Thank You to RacingTiger03 For This Useful Post:
jon2002 (10-18-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page