3rd Gen Detailing/Car Care Thread! - Page 26 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #251 of 286 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 08:44 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
3rd Gen Detailing/Car Care Thread!

Any of you have the white nappa leather interior? If so does it clean up pretty easy? Does it stain easy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #252 of 286 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 09:58 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Did my annual full car detail today. Here's what I used:

Wash:
Black Magic Wet Shine Concentrated Car Wash
Black Magic Aluminum Wheel Cleaner
Gunk Tar & Bug Remover
Microfiber sponge
Soft nylon rim & lugnut brush
Absorber chamois

Wax & Polish
Meguiars detail clay
Meguiars Quik Detailer (for clay lubricant)
Production Gemini Compound/Polishing Creme (cut and buffed with 6" orbitor)
Meguiars Caranuba Wax (hand applied and buffed)
Production Anti-Static Showroom Conditioner

Production is a local car care company that a lot of the locals swear by. I tried their products for the first time this year and I am impressed. The anti-static conditioner works great, as it prevents dust and other contaminants from being sucked into the wax job.

Exterior Detail:
Meguiars HotShine foam tire dressing
Meguiars Ultimate Black plastic restorer for the black molding
Purple Power Prime Shine auto glass cleaner

Interior Detail:
Luxol Leather & Vinyl Cleaner
Luxol Leather Conditioner
Black Magic ProShine Protectant
Tuff Stuff Multi-Purpose Foam Cleaner (for carpet spot removal)
post #253 of 286 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 10:36 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
What products do you guys use for iron fallout and glue and tar remover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #254 of 286 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
I hate this time of year, because it's hot and it rains almost daily. Impossible to keep my girl looking good. But, it's getting to be about time to give her a full wash, clay, wax.

I have clay bars, but has anyone tried those "clay" towels? I imagine it's not actually clay, but I'm not sure what it is using.
post #255 of 286 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardorican View Post
I hate this time of year, because it's hot and it rains almost daily. Impossible to keep my girl looking good. But, it's getting to be about time to give her a full wash, clay, wax.

I have clay bars, but has anyone tried those "clay" towels? I imagine it's not actually clay, but I'm not sure what it is using.
I use surfacing mitts, and have tried a few but am currently enjoying the Cobra mitt. You can also get surfacing polishing discs which are very effective. I like doing the "clay" step during my wash. So I'll foam cannon the vehicle, let it dwell a bit, and then hit the paint with my wash mitt. Rinse quickly, and then go back over the same panel or two with my surfacing mitt, and then rinse that. Saves me quite a bit of time, not having to actually do a full separate clay step and the mitts are reusable when you drop them. Just clean them off in the wash bucket and you're back to good in no time. The last one I bought, I bought in a combo like this McKee's 37 Paint Clean Combo and that was nice. My previous one was a Chemical Guy's mitt and it lasted YEARS, and in fact it is still good, so if by chance someone is helping me wash down a car and we're tag-teaming it, I'll give them that mitt and its still fine. It just doesn't have quite the power it had when new.

2016 Mazda 6 Touring
post #256 of 286 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 07:59 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 44 Times in 37 Posts
Most of you are spending way too much money on these overpriced products. They are made for the dumb consumer in mind, so they are already diluted, dumbed down, so the consumer doesn't screw anything up and sue the companies/give bad reviews. Not to mention you are mostly paying for the brand and shiny package, it cost them cents to manufacture the amount of product you get and they sell them at $6-12 a small bottle. All you need to clean the interior is an all purpose cleaner like Meguiar D101, which comes undiluted and it will last for an eternity. This along can clean the leather seats, dash, trim, steering, wheels, floor mats. Interior done. You don't need a leather conditioner and all that hype bullcrap, is all hype to sell to the dumb consumer

All new leather seats from today have a clearcoat type of protection on top of it, you aint conditioning anything or even touching the leather. All you need is to clean it, just like you clean your wheels or paint, you are better off putting clear wax on the seats, in fact, you are better off just tinting your windows and using a windshield cover

clay bar every 6 months, cheap clay bars can be found on the web, they are all the same, they will get dirty, you dont need a clay bar kit lol all it offers is the microfuber towel, bar and the some liquid, you can use water, you don't need to spend on a $7 liquid made for clay bar cleaning, it wont make any difference whatsoever at the end, it will look the same. If you are paranoid, the dilute the water with some car wash liquid.

wax every 4 months with some liquid wax, wash the car by hand if possible, or use the car wash, just a simple wash, most of car wash offers are upsells and crap, you dont need them

clean the wheels and tires with some wheel cleaner, dont have access to hose then use the car wash wheel options, better than nothing, you are still getting ripped off though

Do you think the pro detailers at shops and who go to you, use the products you buy at autzone? lol they are not idiots, they use wholesale undiluted products, which can only be bought online, not only are they much cheapers, but also more POTENT than the versions and similar products off shelves, for the reason I mentioned, they were dumbed down for the idiot consumer in mind. Detailers are not here to lose money, so they know whats up

Ask any detailers to see his products and you wont see any of the famous you guys use or have tried
post #257 of 286 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Here we go again...
@Byakuya

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
post #258 of 286 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 10:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Groans: 7
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryB View Post
Here we go again...
@Byakuya

Yep. Went back and read his other posts. Lives in Florida, asks for instructions, soap box posts, yada, yada, yada

He's baaack!

2016 Mazda6 GT Snowflake White Pearl
2018 Mazda3 Touring Titanium Flash

post #259 of 286 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 10:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda6Suspension View Post
Most of you are spending way too much money on these overpriced products. They are made for the dumb consumer in mind, so they are already diluted, dumbed down, so the consumer doesn't screw anything up and sue the companies/give bad reviews. Not to mention you are mostly paying for the brand and shiny package, it cost them cents to manufacture the amount of product you get and they sell them at $6-12 a small bottle. All you need to clean the interior is an all purpose cleaner like Meguiar D101, which comes undiluted and it will last for an eternity. This along can clean the leather seats, dash, trim, steering, wheels, floor mats. Interior done. You don't need a leather conditioner and all that hype bullcrap, is all hype to sell to the dumb consumer

All new leather seats from today have a clearcoat type of protection on top of it, you aint conditioning anything or even touching the leather. All you need is to clean it, just like you clean your wheels or paint, you are better off putting clear wax on the seats, in fact, you are better off just tinting your windows and using a windshield cover

clay bar every 6 months, cheap clay bars can be found on the web, they are all the same, they will get dirty, you dont need a clay bar kit lol all it offers is the microfuber towel, bar and the some liquid, you can use water, you don't need to spend on a $7 liquid made for clay bar cleaning, it wont make any difference whatsoever at the end, it will look the same. If you are paranoid, the dilute the water with some car wash liquid.

wax every 4 months with some liquid wax, wash the car by hand if possible, or use the car wash, just a simple wash, most of car wash offers are upsells and crap, you dont need them

clean the wheels and tires with some wheel cleaner, dont have access to hose then use the car wash wheel options, better than nothing, you are still getting ripped off though

Do you think the pro detailers at shops and who go to you, use the products you buy at autzone? lol they are not idiots, they use wholesale undiluted products, which can only be bought online, not only are they much cheapers, but also more POTENT than the versions and similar products off shelves, for the reason I mentioned, they were dumbed down for the idiot consumer in mind. Detailers are not here to lose money, so they know whats up

Ask any detailers to see his products and you wont see any of the famous you guys use or have tried
I can see where you were trying to be helpful, but ended up just coming across as a complete douche. That is unfortunate because there were some good points there.

FYI full-grain leathers (like my red leather seats on my Durango) need something more than wax. Bonded leathers, semi-aniline leathers, full-grain leathers, yeah they all have different requirements. So nothing is a catch-all.

Here's a useful tip from a pro - Optimum Opti Clean 2.0 + a 3:1 ratio with distilled or filtered water + a splash of isopropyl alcohol makes a really good interior cleaner.

OTC products are meant to just buy and go. They aren't bad, they are just fail-safe. Pretty much everything but Armor-All is acceptable, IMO and in my personal detailing experience.

2016 Mazda 6 Touring
post #260 of 286 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 10:56 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanson View Post
I can see where you were trying to be helpful, but ended up just coming across as a complete douche. That is unfortunate because there were some good points there.

FYI full-grain leathers (like my red leather seats on my Durango) need something more than wax. Bonded leathers, semi-aniline leathers, full-grain leathers, yeah they all have different requirements. So nothing is a catch-all.

Here's a useful tip from a pro - Optimum Opti Clean 2.0 + a 3:1 ratio with distilled or filtered water + a splash of isopropyl alcohol makes a really good interior cleaner.

OTC products are meant to just buy and go. They aren't bad, they are just fail-safe. Pretty much everything but Armor-All is acceptable, IMO and in my personal detailing experience.
You haven't met this guy yet. He has a long history here, despite his current low post count. His handle is pure irony, not lost on me or others. Watch as this unfolds...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page