post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hood Lift System

Hey guys,

I was looking at Redline Tuning - Hood Support, hood lift, gas springs, hood strut, hood struts, bonnet, bonet, hood lifters, hood damper, prop rod, hood lift, QuickLIFT, Quick LIFT system designed to lift and hold your hood. and they make hood lift kits and want to make one for pretty much every car they can get in their shop. They mainly try to use factory points to mount their lifts and hopefully the 6 has some compatible point and doesn't require any drilling.

They're located in Dexter, Michigan. I live in Virginia or I'd be there in a heartbeat.

The only other group I see with hood lift kit is AutoExe - AutoExe:ENGLISH for 20,000 yen.

http://www.autoexe.co.jp/english/fun...#utility%20top

If anyone live there or near there it would be great if you can try to contact them(email on the page), they'd feature your car in the setup guide and you'd get the system free.

Looking forward to being a part of this community.
The Following User Says Thank You to SilverL For This Useful Post:
Katsuronishi (08-29-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 11:08 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
i've been looking as well and only found autoexe. waiting to see if Corksport may come out with one.
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuronishi View Post
i've been looking as well and only found autoexe. waiting to see if Corksport may come out with one.
Of course the only other person looking would also be miles away from MI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Thanked 1,241 Times in 780 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
CS has released a set of hood struts for the MZ3/MS3, very recently I believe. I suppose it is a possibility they might fab some up for the new 6, if there is enough interest. I think the major incentive for the CS units over Redline or other, is that they are not fastened to the hood w/ rivets.

As far as Redline, I have a set of the premium ones on my Speed6. They're pretty decent. I bought them in a group buy on this forum a number of years ago. My only complaint is the plastic end caps on them are cheap and a somewhat poor design. They are kind of like a balljoint - fitting over a ball and snapped into place with a sliding piece of plastic. Anyway both broke on mine. However, all i did was call them over the phone and a few days later I had a box of 4 or 5 of them on my doorstep, free of charge.

Anyway, it'd be good to have a set of Redline on the market for the new 6. Maybe later somebody here could assist in orchestrating a group buy for them.
post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 12:58 AM

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 8 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartGroceries View Post
I think the major incentive for the CS units over Redline or other, is that they are not fastened to the hood w/ rivets.
Actually, many of the newly released Redline hood strut kits are bracketed to existing bolts on the fender and hood. I would not bother with a riveted system.

I actually made a phone inquiry to Redline (left a voice mail message) about a week ago, and even though the message said a particular individual would call back ASAP, haven't heard a peep. I expressed my interest and that of others, and asked for a callback regarding the possibility of a kit for our cars. Specifically, I wanted to know if they were successful in getting an R&D vehicle, and if so, how far out a bolt-on product might be.

I also completed a product request form at Corksport, but again I've heard nothing. For what's being marketed as a highly rigid yet light car, our hooods are surprisingly heavy. It would appear that passing on an aluminum hood is just one area where Mazda saved a few dollars, same with the non-backlit passenger power window switch, non-backlit power doorlock switch, and not tieing in sideview mirror position to the 1-2 seat memory switch. I guess the R&D dollars to Skyactiv the new "6" and "3" have to come from somewhere. Actually, I recently read an article that the increased chassis rigidity vs. the previous generation "6" was accomplished with only a total of less than 25% high tensile steel, and that certain ring structures were unitized using high technology adhesives vs. the weld and mold processes some higher end manufacturers employ. I suppose we can't complain because the results of the new front offset crash tests confirm that however Mazda's doing it, they're doing it well.
post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 03:53 AM Thread Starter

Finally got a response from Mazmart.... not too happy with the price.

Your information was sent to us by AutoExe Japan, regarding your interest in the GJ Chassis Mazda 6 Bonnet Dampers MGJ2960.

The total cost shipped to you is $235 US.

Please let us know if we might be able to serve you.
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 07:55 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 782 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2883 Post(s)
Thanked 4,059 Times in 2,851 Posts
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
Wow that's WAY out of my league for price lol.

The ONLY thing that would concern me with hood struts on the 2014 is the thickness of the hood itself. The hood is a VERY thin sheet of metal, but still has some weight to it - I'd be weary of having some small struts bending the metal under the weight.

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
Wow that's WAY out of my league for price lol.

The ONLY thing that would concern me with hood struts on the 2014 is the thickness of the hood itself. The hood is a VERY thin sheet of metal, but still has some weight to it - I'd be weary of having some small struts bending the metal under the weight.
Thats why I am leaning more to getting these... despite the price. AutoExe is supposed to be good quality. I may also send the dimensions and additional info on it to Redline and see if they would consider that instead of bringing in a car. Then others can get cheaper ones in the future.

Also just found this site...
post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 782 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2883 Post(s)
Thanked 4,059 Times in 2,851 Posts
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverL View Post
Thats why I am leaning more to getting these... despite the price. AutoExe is supposed to be good quality. I may also send the dimensions and additional info on it to Redline and see if they would consider that instead of bringing in a car. Then others can get cheaper ones in the future.

Also just found this site...
Yeah I stay away from AutoEXE solely because their prices are directly related to their name. The body kit looks amazing (saw it a little while ago on JapanParts), that's the only thing that is reasonably priced.

$330 for wind deflectors? You've got to be insane!

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Said they'd drop the price to 215 per item is 3 or more are ordered. Goodness.

No drilling though as apparent in the install manual http://www.autoexe.co.jp/support/man...dp/MGJ2960.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page