post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to SneakyP86 Send a message via Yahoo to SneakyP86
My list so far

I still have a lot of reading still to do but that’s okay as my son made me promise not to do any of the work till he is back to in town. Since he's working out of town till sometime in august that gives me plenty of time to try to get a clue as to just what the hell I'm doing. I mean I was one the early users of the StandBack and we all know where that got me (BOOM). So here is a list of the parts I have and what intend to get, if anyone has an opinion on the parts I have or suggestions for something I don’t have on the list I would like to know your suggestion and the why behind it.

Long Block :
I was able to pick up one up with very low miles 2500 for a very good price. I intend to stick with the stock internals unless I find anything bent once I pull the head and drop the oilpan for a look see. My reasoning for this is if I build it I would much rather have a sleeved block, for now I will be more than content with around 350 on the ground HP which would be around 100 more than stock. That can be somewhat of a DD that can also double as my play pretty .

PERFORMANCE PARTS :
exhaust manifold -topmount - custom- ceramic coated

downpipe - custom - custom - non catted- ceramic coated down to the flex joint

screamer pipe - ceramic coated

Turbo - Turbonetics turbo -hotside has been ceramic coated -T3/T4 hybrid with a 50 trim .63 AR and a 57# wheel and also has ceramic ball bearings.Its water cooled and I got them to add NPT threads where the water and oil hook up that way I can go to Home depot for the connections and use high pressure hose which should make it easier to run the lines

External wastegate - Tial 38mm with a 13# spring

EBCS - Perrin 3 port (may get a different one as this one has to be spliced in)

Exhaust - Corksport cat back

FMIC - PWR core is 18 x 6 x 2 3/4 vertical veins(talked to PWR and said that core should be good for between 400 - 500 hp) not sure it will be worth the as I need to cut off the end tanks and change them around but I got for free when I bought the top mount manifold and it included piping and silicone tubing

Flywheel - Fidenza lightweight (haven't decided on a clutch yet)

SUSPENSION PARTS :

Coilovers - BC (was all there was at the time)

Swaybars - AutoExe front & rear

End links - AutoExe adjustable

MOTOR MOUNTS :
street unit - drivers and passenger side (had the front dog bone but haven't been able to find it yet)

Front motor mount - turbine tech

Diff Mounts - Turbine Tech for the front and stiffer inserts for the rear

BRAKES :

Rotora - drilled and slotted, pads - H2

GAUGES :

Wideband AFR, EGT , Oil pressure , Oil temp. , Water temp. Boost gauge (and yes I know that’s a lot, but I drive trucks for a living and am used to having a lot of info. in front of me)

MISCELANEOUS SHIT :

EGT block off plate
Windage tray (haven't decided if I'm going to do the BSD or not yet)
Apexi turbo timer (has anybody actually figured out how to get everything working if you use it yet?)

THINGS I WILL or MAYBE GETTING

Safe Seals
AP V3? (Haven't read up on it yet but in a nutshell what is the difference between V2 and V3?)
3 bar map
Have to make an intake system since I can't find one that would work with my topmount turbo
Was going to have my intake manifold PNP but they want so much to do it may get the one made made by JMF. (If you are running please let me know your impressions)
Optimized throttlebody (again if you are running one let me know your impressions)
HPFP - Had a CP-E one but I sold it, probably go with internals this time maybe the CorkSport this time (which do yall suggest)

There may be a things I haven't found yet or something I haven't about needing yet so if you think of them please feel free let me know…….. THANX

Last edited by SneakyP86; 07-16-2014 at 12:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 09:22 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Holy shit.

2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport

2007 Mazdaspeed 6 GT 09241 "Ducky" + Bolt-ons. Sold, but lives on with a new owner.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out the For Sale sections for my used Mazdaspeed 6 parts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk McGurck For This Useful Post:
SneakyP86 (07-16-2014)
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 09:32 PM
100% CANUCK

Mentioned: 361 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1305 Post(s)
Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,205 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Looks like a nice list!! Id grab some fuel pump internals if you dont already have some.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

---
---
---
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Smoke For This Useful Post:
SneakyP86 (07-16-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk McGurck View Post
Holy shit.
Uhhmmm thanks I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smoke View Post
Looks like a nice list!! Id grab some fuel pump internals if you dont already have some.
That was something I left off my list thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to SneakyP86 For This Useful Post:
Dirk McGurck (07-16-2014)
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 07:57 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 779 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2882 Post(s)
Thanked 4,059 Times in 2,851 Posts
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyP86 View Post
Uhhmmm thanks I think
He means that in the kindest of ways haha. That's an impressive list sir, keep it going!

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Byakuya For This Useful Post:
f15ms6 (07-23-2014), SneakyP86 (07-16-2014)
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 08:13 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Thanked 1,241 Times in 780 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Dang. Didn't even know you were still around.

2013 Ford Taurus SHO, 402A, Perf Pkg, Livernois Tuned
2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/ Tech
2002 Dodge Neon SXT
1972 Chevrolet C-10, 350/350
1967 Buick Skylark 2DR, 300/300
The Following User Says Thank You to IHeartGroceries For This Useful Post:
SneakyP86 (07-16-2014)
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 08:39 AM
Lowspeed

Mentioned: 170 Post(s)
Quoted: 621 Post(s)
Thanked 3,289 Times in 2,156 Posts
Turbo oil return line - On the Speed6 many opt to retain the lower connection to the block as it fits behind the PTO. You can have a NPT fitting welded to the line so you still get the same result. There's only about an inch between the PTO and the block at that point on the 6, where the 3 has plenty of room to play since it's not AWD. Here's one with a -10 welded on

Perrin EBCS - There is a plug available that will make that EBCS plug-n-play- Only $8 too
Home » Shop » Connectors / Harnesses » Tyco / AMP » 2 - Way Receptacle Connector Pigtail

Wideband AFR would be a duplicate- we have one already. Which takes me to-

Cobb AP - major benefits of the v3- significantly better display with different screens and multiple monitors on screen at once, allowing you to view realtime AFR among other things. The v3 has much faster logging speed, and runs on different firmware from the v2 which means all future development will be for the v3.

Safe Seals - strongly encouraged, along with shipping the injectors off to be ultrasonically cleaned.

3 BAR MAP Sensor is a requirement for the turbo you want to run. With the stock EBCS you won't be able to run more than 20psi and leave room for the safeties to operate.

Intake- may as well just move that item up with the other turbo peripherals (mani, dp & screamer), it's another required item.

If you can afford the JMF, get the JMF. 'nough said. But, I will toss this caveat in tho- for power goals under 400, it's totally not needed, however nice it may be. Many are running to & beyond 400 on the stock IM with VTCS delete only, myself included. Let me temper this by adding in that, in my ever so humble opinion, if you're building a block, and use stock rods, you're doing it wrong. The rods are the single weakest point and will limit you to 400. You can swap rods and run stock pistons, and with your mods as planned plus a simple 5th or 6th port system for supplemental fuel, see up to 500hp easily without worrying about your rods. In short, if you're building anyway, why handicap yourself.

Throttle body- Very little material to be removed, it's a pretty thin walled part. We've not had luck finding & running a larger TB yet and AFAIK everybody who was trying has reverted to OEM.

HPFP - minimum mandatory. Autotech first, then Corksport's new internals. I'd prefer to see more time for the CS internals to verify their stability.

Windage Tray - Stock has one already and is a two part design to fit the BS assembly. You can't install an aftermarket tray without doing a BSD. If you're pulling the BS assembly for access to the rods then go ahead & get the BSD & Tray since you won't be reinstalling the BS assembly.

Turbo Timer - if your turbo of choice is both water and oil cooled the timer isn't needed. If it's oil cooled only they by all means!

EGT block off - there are two, a Primary kit that removes the EGT solenoid entirely which is a great thing and adds a ton of room back there, and a Secondary kit that just removes the tube. I encourage both and both are inexpensive.

Do you have any plans for meth or e85?

Are you comfortable working with Cobb's ATR and making the needed tuning changes for this beasty?

Sold 7/2016- Mazdaspeed6 GT #3476 TiGray slicktop, fully bolted & badass

1and1
135i - E82.N54 2009 BSM - MHD S1+ / xHP S3 / PR CP & IC / RB PCV / Borla
. . . . RSFI, Koni & Eibach, Dinan CP's & M3 CA's / EBC Red's & Firehawk 500's
X1 - E84.N20 2013 MGM - JB4 - The Wife's
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartGroceries View Post
Dang. Didn't even know you were still around.
I wasn't but now I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
He means that in the kindest of ways haha. That's an impressive list sir, keep it going!
First let me say thanks,I figured he did BUT I was gonna try to make him sweat AND you just had to ruin it didn't you........just kidding

maybe
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiGraySpeed6 View Post
Turbo oil return line - On the Speed6 many opt to retain the lower connection to the block as it fits behind the PTO. You can have a NPT fitting welded to the line so you still get the same result. There's only about an inch between the PTO and the block at that point on the 6, where the 3 has plenty of room to play since it's not AWD. Here's one with a -10 welded on

That's pretty much how I was planning to do it which leads to a question. I've read that you need a restrictor on the oil feed line to the turbo do you have any recommendations or do you not think it will be a problem.

Perrin EBCS - There is a plug available that will make that EBCS plug-n-play- Only $8 too
Home » Shop » Connectors / Harnesses » Tyco / AMP » 2 - Way Receptacle Connector Pigtail

Just ordered one thanks for that

Wideband AFR would be a duplicate- we have one already. Which takes me to
You are right but that takes me to-
IMG_0002-1.jpg Photo by SneakyP86 | Photobucket

Cobb AP - major benefits of the v3- significantly better display with different screens and multiple monitors on screen at once, allowing you to view realtime AFR among other things. The v3 has much faster logging speed, and runs on different firmware from the v2 which means all future development will be for the v3

I was just wondering because you can find pretty good deals on V2's but not good enough to be worth the hassle of buying it and than having to send to COBB and get upgraded,so a new V3 it is than.

Safe Seals - strongly encouraged, along with shipping the injectors off to be ultrasonically cleaned.

I left sending the injectors to be cleaned and flow matched off the list of things still to do list I will go back and add that thanks for reminding me.

3 BAR MAP Sensor is a requirement for the turbo you want to run. With the stock EBCS you won't be able to run more than 20psi and leave room for the safeties to operate.

I see there is a 3.5 bar map sensor should I get that or is the 3 good enough?

Intake- may as well just move that item up with the other turbo peripherals (mani, dp & screamer), it's another required item.

I would but it is one of the things to still be taken care of all the things at the top i already have the things at the bottom still need to worked out or bought.

If you can afford the JMF, get the JMF. 'nough said. But, I will toss this caveat in tho- for power goals under 400, it's totally not needed, however nice it may be. Many are running to & beyond 400 on the stock IM with VTCS delete only, myself included. Let me temper this by adding in that, in my ever so humble opinion, if you're building a block, and use stock rods, you're doing it wrong. The rods are the single weakest point and will limit you to 400. You can swap rods and run stock pistons, and with your mods as planned plus a simple 5th or 6th port system for supplemental fuel, see up to 500hp easily without worrying about your rods. In short, if you're building anyway, why handicap yourself.

1) JMF manifold, the main reason I was considering it was because I dont have the tools to do a port job myself even I was able to. I didnt think it would be worth the money to buy tools I would only use once (but than again you never have enough tools do ya) I will see about doing the VTCS delete. In my defense I have to say I WAS BLINDED BY THE PRETTY.
2) Rods I have been giving this very thing some serious thought and was starting to lean this way myself. If I do this which rods would you suggest?

Throttle body- Very little material to be removed, it's a pretty thin walled part. We've not had luck finding & running a larger TB yet and AFAIK everybody who was trying has reverted to OEM.

Your right if anybody has I haven't seen or heard about it thats why I asked.

HPFP - minimum mandatory. Autotech first, then Corksport's new internals. I'd prefer to see more time for the CS internals to verify their stability.

I would love to have another CP-E pump they've just gotten so expensive. Now that im back I've been trying real hard to give myself a good swift kick in the ass for selling mine. But the guy offered more than I paid for it cause they were so hard to get back than and everyone seemed to be having troubles with just doing internals back than. Have they gotten more dependable?

Windage Tray - Stock has one already and is a two part design to fit the BS assembly. You can't install an aftermarket tray without doing a BSD. If you're pulling the BS assembly for access to the rods then go ahead & get the BSD & Tray since you won't be reinstalling the BS assembly.

Your right and if I do rods (which I probably will) the BS assembly will have to go.

Turbo Timer - if your turbo of choice is both water and oil cooled the timer isn't needed. If it's oil cooled only they by all means!

Your are again RIGHT it was just a play pretty. TAKE THIS AS A WARNING KIDS ALCOHOL LATE NIGHT ON THE INTERNET AND A CREDIT CARD DO NOT MIX!!! STEP AWAY FROM THE MONITOR. Ebay is just a listing away.

EGT block off - there are two, a Primary kit that removes the EGT solenoid entirely which is a great thing and adds a ton of room back there, and a Secondary kit that just removes the tube. I encourage both and both are inexpensive.

I will have to look into getting both I have the one that first came out will have to get the second.

Do you have any plans for meth or e85?

Been trying to find someplace local to find E85 hell if I can find someplace even kind of close I'd be willing to go fill up some 5 galuelon gas cans and bring them home and add when I go to my local station. But failing that I will be doing meth. But E85 seems like the way to go these days.

Are you comfortable working with Cobb's ATR and making the needed tuning changes for this beasty?
I think with some guidance I think I could get the hang of it the whole idea of tuning fascinates and intrigues me. I know I would Definitely need help with a base map to get it up and running. I'm dumb enough not to be scared but smart enough to know what I don't know.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 01:36 PM
Lowspeed

Mentioned: 170 Post(s)
Quoted: 621 Post(s)
Thanked 3,289 Times in 2,156 Posts
Oil feed restrictor is a commonly debated topic. I usually default to no, but would heartily encourage due diligence and suggest contacting the place where you purchased the turbo, or turbonetics directly for a significantly more authoritative answer.

Can certainly find great deals on the APv2, and Cobb is still offering their trade in deal too I believe which, with careful & frugal v2 shopping, save you some money over just paying retail for a v3. Either way tho, the v3 is a significant upgrade over the v2 and very much encouraged. In the end tho, the v2 will load the same maps as the v3.

For your power goals & plans in general I'd say that a 3 BAR is good. 2.5 BAR max's around 23psi, 3 BAR around 28ish psi. Only reason you'd be looking for boost above that is if you're chasing the 500hp number...

HPFP internals are an easy hour swap, just be operating room clean. I soak em in oil while disassembling & cleaning the pump, then reassemble and reinstall- I've done 5 or 6 sets now with no failures, and as long as you're clean you should be fine! There are many videos out and other how-to's on it now. It's become such a standard thing since the gen2 speed3's need to do theirs pretty much as the first mod.

Totally LOL'd at the "ebay is just a listing away..." comment! Been there, bought that....

E85 is totally the way to go if it's available. If not tho meth will get you the same numbers, and can even act as supplemental fueling to a degree. Our injectors are topping out around the 400-425 hp window and if running e85 you'll be on the lower end of that curve. For me it was either 409 or 433 hp depending on the correction factor used, and even that was only after dropping back from 5 gallons to 4 gallons of e85 per tankful (e33 down to e30). The Injector Duty Cycle data will tell you where you are, and we can, usually, just touch 110% before the lack of fuel cough begins.

So, if you can find it, start with e85. You can always add meth later if needed. If no e85, get a meth kit with a progressive controller. Even then you can always tune till you find KR on just pump gas and see where you get. Depending on the turbo you can see 325-350 on just pump.

Sold 7/2016- Mazdaspeed6 GT #3476 TiGray slicktop, fully bolted & badass

1and1
135i - E82.N54 2009 BSM - MHD S1+ / xHP S3 / PR CP & IC / RB PCV / Borla
. . . . RSFI, Koni & Eibach, Dinan CP's & M3 CA's / EBC Red's & Firehawk 500's
X1 - E84.N20 2013 MGM - JB4 - The Wife's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page