Amazon basics synthetic motor oil! - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Thumbs up Amazon basics synthetic motor oil!

Just got done watching a cool video from someone I follow on YouTube. This guy test all sorts of things from different duct tapes to whatever. Today's video deals with motor oil and how they compare to each other. Just thought it was great and wanted to pass it along. My oil is due to be changed and I'm really considering the Basics oil now lol.

Ray.

2003 Mazda 6s

Brakemotive Drilled and slotted rotors, Modified eBay CAI, EGR reroute and optimized, TB coolant delete, AWR Racing Lower dog bone, AWR Right engine mount, BIG 5 upgrade, Battery Relocated, Custom Busbars, Optima Red top, 2 12" Planet Audio BBD12, Rockville Audio 1400w 4chan amp, Rockville Audio 8000w sub amp, and lots more to come!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 05:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Raydiate View Post
Just got done watching a cool video from someone I follow on YouTube. This guy test all sorts of things from different duct tapes to whatever. Today's video deals with motor oil and how they compare to each other. Just thought it was great and wanted to pass it along. My oil is due to be changed and I'm really considering the Basics oil now lol.

https://youtu.be/a9DWGtXpYUc
I follow him too!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

'14 Mazda 6
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 05:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
I like his videos as well.
I know Scotty Kilmer did a video on this stuff as well. Sounds like pretty good quality oil for the price.
DJ Raydiate likes this.

2015 Mazda 6 Touring 6 Spd Manual Deep Crystal Blue Metallic- Cork Sport SRI w/Cold Air Box, Racing Beat Exhaust, JBR Short Shift Plate, Full Kicker Audio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza85 View Post
I like his videos as well.
I know Scotty Kilmer did a video on this stuff as well. Sounds like pretty good quality oil for the price.
https://youtu.be/Ye-5EyrwkOQ
I can't watch him, he's a little creepy to me lol. I don't know if half the time he's straight up or he's bulshitting lol.
DrFeelGood likes this.

Ray.

2003 Mazda 6s

Brakemotive Drilled and slotted rotors, Modified eBay CAI, EGR reroute and optimized, TB coolant delete, AWR Racing Lower dog bone, AWR Right engine mount, BIG 5 upgrade, Battery Relocated, Custom Busbars, Optima Red top, 2 12" Planet Audio BBD12, Rockville Audio 1400w 4chan amp, Rockville Audio 8000w sub amp, and lots more to come!!!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 12 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
I can't watch him, he's a little creepy to me lol. I don't know if half the time he's straight up or he's bulshitting lol.
Yeah I used to watch Kilmer. Thoight he had some pretty good perspective, until I realized he was spreading irroneous info about makes beyond his golden child 10 year plus old Toyotas. Some of his info around Mazdas is sooooo yotally out of date. Find his videos no kore than click bait now. Chris Fix is much better imo.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
DJ Raydiate likes this.

2018 Machine Gray Mazda6 Signature
2010 Mazda CX-9 GT Dolphin w/Nav
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocramida View Post
Yeah I used to watch Kilmer. Thoight he had some pretty good perspective, until I realized he was spreading irroneous info about makes beyond his golden child 10 year plus old Toyotas. Some of his info around Mazdas is sooooo yotally out of date. Find his videos no kore than click bait now. Chris Fix is much better imo.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I do like watching Chris Fix. Love the fact that he's all about "do it yourself " at home with basic hand tools. I suggest him to anyone that is just starting out in cars in general. How to fix rust, paint, clean, etc. I am wanting to try and get a better turning radius in my 1st gen the same way he did his Mustang. Don't know if it will work on the Mazda or not but that's what people did back in the day. Funny seeing people do it then complain about a busted cv joint lol.

Ray.

2003 Mazda 6s

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 08:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Yea some stuff he says I take with a grain of salt. This video was pretty informative though. I think he brags too much about how Amazing Toyota's are.
I can't drive Toyota's, they bore me to death.

2015 Mazda 6 Touring 6 Spd Manual Deep Crystal Blue Metallic- Cork Sport SRI w/Cold Air Box, Racing Beat Exhaust, JBR Short Shift Plate, Full Kicker Audio.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza85 View Post
Yea some stuff he says I take with a grain of salt. This video was pretty informative though. I think he brags too much about how Amazing Toyota's are.
I can't drive Toyota's, they bore me to death.
Yeah he was tame in this video compared to some of his others that I've seen. He said that he recommends it so that's at least 2 youtubers that would use it. Higher rating than red line and half the price. I can deal with that lol. My wife's bug takes 0w20 synthetic anyway so going with Amazon to get the oil just makes sense now.

I'll order some up in a couple of weeks and see how it goes. It was 19.99 for a 5qt jug of 5w 20 and the same for my wife's bug. Now if they can start making m5 trans fluid, it would make for cheap trans flushes.

Ray.

2003 Mazda 6s

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Garage
I believe it's from the same place that mixes WalMart's Super Tech synthetic oil. Same stuff, but the Super Tech is a bit cheaper.

Manual transmissions, wagons, and heavy metal are awesome. Zoom-Zoom \m/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Mazda 6s Wagon - 3.0L V6 | 5MT | Steel Gray Metallic |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods: NGK Iridium IX plugs | Matte black painted OEM wheels | Painted calipers (red) | Light black "smoked" headlights | R1 Concepts eLine rear rotors and pads | Rear V6 emblem added
Other Mazdas owned: 2015 Mazda 5 Sport ATX (current), 2010 Mazda 6 ATX (traded), 1997 Protege MTX (sold)
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 12:51 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Garage
[QUOTE=DJ Raydiate;5036080... I am wanting to try and get a better turning radius in my 1st gen the same way he did his Mustang. ...[/QUOTE]

This would be great. I have never had a vehicle with worse turning radius. My Odyssey Minivan can turn a circle completely inside the circle the Mazda can do with enough room in between to let the children play inside the difference.

2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX, Performance White (A2N)
Modifications:

.MSP brakes &
slotted rotors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page