Feel kind of ripped of buying paying 30k for a 2018 Maz6 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feel kind of ripped of buying paying 30k for a 2018 Maz6

Before I start I am not dissing the car, this is the best car I have even driven, and I love it to death.
I paid 30,000 for a 2018 Mazda 6 GT. After owning it for 2 months, I've noticed Mazda cut some corners on the vehicle, and some of these things really shouldn't have been done.
This car is extremely good at cornering and the 3k-5k rpm range is very satisfying coming from a family sedan. Car has one of the best interiors in the class range. Interior is Audi-esq, super nice.

But here is some of the features and Mazda cut corners on and you question why they did this on a 30k car.

1. Fake LED light bars. MULTIPLE fake LED light bars.

On the GRAND Touring model, the headlights-DRL are not the same as the Reserve model or the Signature model. Instead your headlights have a big silver chrome cutout of a fake LED DRL, which doesn't light up. Which makes NO sense at all, your headlight doesn't have the signature halo ring light, which almost EVERY single Mazda 6 has, even in previous generations.

And to make things a little cheaper, the trunk LEDs. Yep they are also fake and don't turn on. It's not an LED light, its a piece of silver light strip, shaped to look like LED light bars.

The Price Sticker clearly lists your car having, LED Headlights and Combo break lights. Which is 100% true, but they do not look any close to what you expected from 2018 LED lights.

This makes your car feel like it has no soul almost.

On a $30,000 car, which isn't a base trim, these basic options shouldn't be cut out, or even cut out at all.
The Halo rings are literally the cars signature.
You can get REAL modern DRL in cheaper cars such as the 2016 Rav4, 2016 Suburu.

You can buy the "Higher End" headlights for $1,300 EACH online. What a joke.

2. Apple car play and Android Auto.
It's 2018, we really shouldn't have to ask for this. And to have some of your customers pay for this basic option is such an insult.

And to make some buyers feel bad, some Model 6 have ACP/AA installed before they buy it. I have seen a 6 Sports with ACP/AA which starts at 21k, while some Signatures models doesn't have this feature.

3. Passenger side seats and manual adjust. Okay this is one i really don't understand. In the 30k GT model, the driver side is power adjust, but the passenger side isn't.

Man these such simple options really shouldn't cut out from the car at all. These features are what gives this car a soul, and to stand out from the Toyota XSE and the Honda Accord.
Can't believe they did this on a Grand Touring trim.

It is understandable in the base two trims, but not on this trim.

This is a extremely elegant and subtle car, but it lacks some very basics things that almost every 2018 car has.
The reason i don't call these features because these should be the standard, to have fake LED light bars in a 2018 car from Japan is almost an insult, when other competitors do none of that.
LIMazda6 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Groans: 19
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Garage
I think Mazda has used the same strategy for the 6 since it was born. My 04 6s with full jam leather also only has manual passenger seat as well. Fit and finish is somewhat cheap and plasticy as well.

Thing is, these cars are built for driving in mind and it still amazes me just how well this 4dr family car can handle.

Our headlights are total crap, at least the newer ones shine usable light, lol.

2004 Mazda 6s 3.0 5dr. 5spd never ending money vacuum project:
CP-E headers w/catted mid + Magnaflow carback/AEM CAI/3.7L TB/Speed6 springs/RX-8 wheels
AWR 70D Enginemount/CP-E Dogbone/Custom urethane stock trans mount
Ralco shortshifter/Bose w/Auxmod/sharkfin antenna/lots of little things...
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 04:26 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 44 Times in 37 Posts
my chinese headlights have that halo ring lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 04:30 PM

Mazda is know for cutting corners in lots of shit, they did with the paint and headlights, lots of people complaining about headlights hazing and thin paint rock chips easily, same thing happened to the wheels in all models, not just the GT, my touring wheels have clear coat failure already, all around they want their car to look like a luxury one but they cut corners in obvious areas to make the car affordable for the average joe lol

that's what mazda does, they focus all their money in making the car look pretty but cut corners on other parts for the sake of prettiness

you will find led drls and other stuff on similar vehicles but they dont look as good as mazda interior or exterior, that's the harsh reality of average joe cars, you cannot get everything you want, any average joe car on the market is lacking in this or that aspect

you want all the bells and whistles, maybe is time to forget about mazda luxury poor attempts and step up to a real luxury car like bmw or mercedes

the harsh and crude reality is that 30k is POCKET CHANGE, it will not get you all the things you want in a new 2018 car. That's the harsh and painful reality. 30k for a new car is nothing. Its like a beater basically.

The average fella has to come to terms that whatever new regular people's car you can buy, will always be lacking in something, it will never be everything you want. Only when you step to 50k+ you get all that you want. Harsh reality but truth.

Last edited by Mazda6Suspension; 11-17-2018 at 04:36 PM.
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 04:40 PM

Have you been inside a new bmw or mercedes? I've seen the new ones, I swear, it makes this mazda 6 look like a cheap car. Sure, Mazda did a good job in improving the interior and exterior accents towards luxury, but it doesn't compare, those bmw and mercedes are on another level, is a different reality. 30k for a mazda won't get you everything you want.

Sure, Mazda put a turbo and all that, but the reality is, they are forced to stick to 25-35k target and this limits them IMMENSELY. They are forced to cut on corner on many aspects otherwise, they wouldn't be making a profit at all.

People like us who bought Mazda 6s were willing to sacrifice lack of power in exchange for a better interior and features. There other people out there who only care about power and they buy mustangs or camaro v6 with basic features.

If you want to have both, then you have to step to bmw, mercedes, audi.

If you can't afford these cars, then you have no right to complain. You should already know very well that Mazda cannot produce a perfect vehicles for 30k. A new 2018 vehicles for 30k cannot get you all that you want. There will always be compromises.

Last edited by Mazda6Suspension; 11-17-2018 at 04:43 PM.
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
30k for 250hp/310 torques ainít bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcaneous View Post
30k for 250hp/310 torques ainít bad.

If I wanted power I would just buy a mustang lol but then you are like any other mustang douche out there. At least, this car is not as common as others. And if you think about, you do't really need more than 200hp for real life situations. You will never use it for anything useful. 180-200hp is more than enough to pass cars if you need.

In the end, what it really boils down to is male ego. It is not surprise than people with big trucks and big engines are usually compensating for something they are lacking. You will never use those 300-400hp but it sure looks nice and intimidating to other drivers.

Only immature kids think about power and speed, that's all they care about, who has the biggest dick in a car lol
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda6Suspension View Post
If I wanted power I would just buy a mustang lol but then you are like any other mustang douche out there. At least, this car is not as common as others. And if you think about, you do't really need more than 200hp for real life situations. You will never use it for anything useful. 180-200hp is more than enough to pass cars if you need.

In the end, what it really boils down to is male ego. It is not surprise than people with big trucks and big engines are usually compensating for something they are lacking. You will never use those 300-400hp but it sure looks nice and intimidating to other drivers.

Only immature kids think about power and speed, that's all they care about, who has the biggest dick in a car lol

The Mustang is missing some doors compared to the 6.

post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda6Suspension View Post
If I wanted power I would just buy a mustang lol but then you are like any other mustang douche out there. At least, this car is not as common as others.
hey i resemble that comment. i don't think these are very common anymore. i see 2-3 mustangs like mine per year.. it's a 92. i bought it so i could have some fun in life since i drive 60 miles a day i needed a car with that got good "smiles per gallon". i have rebuilt the trans, converted to an electric fan, added a quarterhorse which lets me tune and datalog it, and i have a fun time beating on it and learning how to calibrate the ecu. recently upgraded to a holley systemax 2 intake, trickflow twisted wedge heads, went from 19 to 80lb injectors, it has an anderson N41 cam, all new rings, bearings, smoothed oil galleys, fresh hone, etc, bbk equal length headers, mac prochamber, flowmasters, and i've done about 2 months worth of grinding getting ports and parts to get all the aftermarket junk to work its best. i've also spent a year working on getting "street launch traction" via spring changes, control arm relocation, 10 way adjustable shocks/struts, and every two/three oil changes i buy new ET Streets. the computer tuning is far over my head but it's teaching me a ton. there's about 20 things to adjust just related to idle. i lean bias my o2's to increase cruising mpg. i got 17.xx mpg when i bought the car, i'm at 24.xx mpg now. the electric fan gained me 2mpg i was shocked. i've also learned a ton from rebuilding a couple transmissions. recently upgraded from a t5 trans(that i kept blowing up) to a t5z. the software i use to tune is called "binary editor" and the program i datalog with is called "eec analyzer" both are free to download if anyone wants to see what they do. also have a 5psi powerdyne supercharger to throw on after i tune it NA, or i may wing that on the mazda as i'm pretty much content with the power level i'm at NA.. times have changed and real mustangs like mine are not all over like roaches anymore, and the POLICE LIKE THESE CARS NOW!! it's WEIRD! several have tried to get me to race. when i bought it i went to the station and asked the local fuzz how they are with loud exhaust and tinted windows. cop said "what kind of car?" i said 92 rustang, and they gave me 2 thumbs up. i get compliments and people telling me about their fox stories multiple times per day every day. it makes me smile and i wouldn't trade my "douche" car for the world. i did have a douche in an orange mazda 3 toot his little blow off valves at me the other day and it made me giggle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	225284  
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Groans: 9
I am surprised at #3 . I have a 2016 GT and it has power driver and passenger, 8 way for the driver and 6 for the passenger if i recall right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page