Feel kind of ripped of buying paying 30k for a 2018 Maz6 - Page 7 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by calcaneous View Post
I had those ones too. They were worse than stock for me.

The GT style Chinese ones are a smidge better than stock halogen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Notice the yellow side lamps aka the U.S. version in your photo, that particular version just plain sucks, compared to the white out side lamp version I have.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Feel kind of ripped of buying paying 30k for a 2018 Maz6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadStyle View Post
Notice the yellow side lamps aka the U.S. version in your photo, that particular version just plain sucks, compared to the white out side lamp version I have.

Well that explains why they sucked. I got rid of them. Right to the garbage. The GT headlights I have now arenít anything special either.

But im stuck with them, I refuse to spend any more money on the 6.

Last edited by calcaneous; 03-31-2019 at 01:24 PM.
post #63 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by calcaneous View Post
Well that explains why they sucked. I got rid of them. Right to the garbage. The GT headlights I have now arenít anything special either.

But im stuck with them, I refuse to spend any more money on the 6.

I hear ya, car looks great though, like it..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 11:31 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdaman123 View Post
Before I start I am not dissing the car, this is the best car I have even driven, and I love it to death.
I paid 30,000 for a 2018 Mazda 6 GT. After owning it for 2 months, I've noticed Mazda cut some corners on the vehicle, and some of these things really shouldn't have been done.
This car is extremely good at cornering and the 3k-5k rpm range is very satisfying coming from a family sedan. Car has one of the best interiors in the class range. Interior is Audi-esq, super nice.

But here is some of the features and Mazda cut corners on and you question why they did this on a 30k car.

1. Fake LED light bars. MULTIPLE fake LED light bars.

On the GRAND Touring model, the headlights-DRL are not the same as the Reserve model or the Signature model. Instead your headlights have a big silver chrome cutout of a fake LED DRL, which doesn't light up. Which makes NO sense at all, your headlight doesn't have the signature halo ring light, which almost EVERY single Mazda 6 has, even in previous generations.

And to make things a little cheaper, the trunk LEDs. Yep they are also fake and don't turn on. It's not an LED light, its a piece of silver light strip, shaped to look like LED light bars.

The Price Sticker clearly lists your car having, LED Headlights and Combo break lights. Which is 100% true, but they do not look any close to what you expected from 2018 LED lights.

This makes your car feel like it has no soul almost.

On a $30,000 car, which isn't a base trim, these basic options shouldn't be cut out, or even cut out at all.
The Halo rings are literally the cars signature.
You can get REAL modern DRL in cheaper cars such as the 2016 Rav4, 2016 Suburu.

You can buy the "Higher End" headlights for $1,300 EACH online. What a joke.

2. Apple car play and Android Auto.
It's 2018, we really shouldn't have to ask for this. And to have some of your customers pay for this basic option is such an insult.

And to make some buyers feel bad, some Model 6 have ACP/AA installed before they buy it. I have seen a 6 Sports with ACP/AA which starts at 21k, while some Signatures models doesn't have this feature.

3. Passenger side seats and manual adjust. Okay this is one i really don't understand. In the 30k GT model, the driver side is power adjust, but the passenger side isn't.

Man these such simple options really shouldn't cut out from the car at all. These features are what gives this car a soul, and to stand out from the Toyota XSE and the Honda Accord.
Can't believe they did this on a Grand Touring trim.

It is understandable in the base two trims, but not on this trim.

This is a extremely elegant and subtle car, but it lacks some very basics things that almost every 2018 car has.
The reason i don't call these features because these should be the standard, to have fake LED light bars in a 2018 car from Japan is almost an insult, when other competitors do none of that.

I have a 17GT with premium package (nappa leather w/piping, black headliner, heated steering, and i-loop) and couldn't be happier. I need leather seats because I wear skirts a lot and found the fake stuff uncomfortable on my legs during a test drive and knew it wouldn't work for me. I do think the synthetic looks good though. I feel guilty because I try to live cruelty free, and research the treatment of any animal products I eat. I'm human and have my selfish issues, I just couldn't stand the sticky leg feeling. I LOVE the black headliner and will have a hard time if I ever have to go back! The black makes everything, especially the moonroof, pop. Some say it seems cave like, but not for me, everything but the windows disappear. I tend to have cold hands so the heated steering wheel is awesome.

I'm the opposite, I feel spoiled by all the little details in my car. IMO, this car is awesome! It's not just the luxuries, those are nice, but I love driving it and I used to hate driving. It's very important for buying new 6s to research the change in trim levels. My interior is gorgeous IMO. In an 18' I would need to buy the Signature to get all the little luxuries I admit I do enjoy. I'm frugal so I won't buy new. I bought one slightly used by a dealer and sold to an internet sight that gave me an amazing deal. It had 2000k miles, but I'm the first individual owner so have almost the full warranty. The one thing I'd really like is a larger moonroof, that's about the only thing I can think of that I wanted, but couldn't get with a Mazda6. The full parking sensors and turbo in an 18' would be nice, but I cannot stand having a car depreciate so much just driving it home so wanted a 17'. It's starting to fade, but it still smells new. Ahh... the sweet smell of outgassing chemicals...
blackngold75 likes this.
post #65 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 01:38 AM

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightshen View Post
It's starting to fade, but it still smells new. Ahh... the sweet smell of outgassing chemicals...
Ha!! Though I'll admit I'm fond of the new car smell, I do find it a slight bit disturbing that it is the off gassing of chemicals that creates the smell.
Brightshen likes this.

Alex
2004 6s Wagon MTX - grocery hauler
---}
{---

MODS: Tinted windows, RX8s with 225/45 R18s,
, and
post #66 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 05:05 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I highly recommend you take your concerns back to Mazda USA and Japan to let them know how you feel. It seems Mazda management wants to hear what real time owners think about their cars and your feels would be an excellent example of this. Please take the time to do this and also please let us all know how and what Mazda replies.
I would let them know you are a member of the Mazda 6 Club and have expressed your feelings in form to other members. I'm sure this will get their attention and expedite their response. Good luck!!
post #67 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 02:54 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumVT View Post
P.S. I'm almost hesitant to tell you that in 2018, the GT has leatherette (i.e., fake leather) interior, while in 2014 to 2017, it was real leather.
Shhh.. Don't even tell him the original 3rd gen 2014 didn't even have a "Sport" mode. The button wasn't added until 2014.5. People were pissed!

Current Mazda

2018 Mazda6 Signature
Machine Gray Metallic

Previous Mazdas
2014.5 Mazda6 GT
Meteor Gray Mica

2008 Mazdaspeed3 GT
Sunlight Silver

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT
Velocity Red

2003 Mazda6 Sport V6
Glacier Silver

1996 Mazda MX-6 V6
Emerald Green
post #68 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 10:52 PM
GWL

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6guy View Post
Shhh.. Don't even tell him the original 3rd gen 2014 didn't even have a "Sport" mode. The button wasn't added until 2014.5. People were pissed!

Nope, the sport switch was added on the 2016 models.
post #69 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWL View Post
Nope, the sport switch was added on the 2016 models.
Did you see my previous vehicle list? So you're saying that little black button with the word "Sport" on the center console on my old 2014.5 that I drove for 3 years wasn't really there? Let me dig up a old pic of my car....

I still remember waiting until the 2014.5 came out so I could get the Sport button. One of the benefits of doing good research on a model and various trims before purchasing a vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130830.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	716.2 KB
ID:	227230  

Current Mazda

2018 Mazda6 Signature
Machine Gray Metallic

Previous Mazdas
2014.5 Mazda6 GT
Meteor Gray Mica

2008 Mazdaspeed3 GT
Sunlight Silver

2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT
Velocity Red

2003 Mazda6 Sport V6
Glacier Silver

1996 Mazda MX-6 V6
Emerald Green
post #70 of 74 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 12:28 PM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 839 Post(s)
Thanked 1,167 Times in 854 Posts
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6guy View Post
Did you see my previous vehicle list? So you're saying that little black button with the word "Sport" on the center console on my old 2014.5 that I drove for 3 years wasn't really there? <_< Let me dig up a old pic of my car....

I still remember waiting until the 2014.5 came out so I could get the Sport button. One of the benefits of doing good research on a model and various trims before purchasing a vehicle.
Quoted for agreement. I also recall the sport button being added for 2014.5 models.

2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page