Join Date: Sep 2017
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Thanked 25 Times in 25 Posts
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Tips For Good Brake Maintenance
- Regularly lubricate your sliding pins, especially if you live in an area that uses salt during the winter
- Your pad wears unevenly when using your brakes softly for a long time. Occaisonally, get out onto an empty highway at night, go 100KM/H and press the brakes as hard as you can without locking your tires or engaging ABS. DO NOT come to a full stop, you WILL warp your rotors. This will help wear your pad evenly and improve pedal feel by getting rid of pad deposits.
- Take a high pressure washer and regularly spray the inside of your wheel making sure to properly clean your brakes all around. Try to avoid spraying too much directly into the caliper. This will wash out brake dust that has accumulated further improving pedal feel and making your brakes feel smoother.
- If your brakes are squeaky, take everything apart and give them a good clean with a wire brush, a rag and some brake cleaner.
- If you only need new pads, or your rotors are warped but still have life left in them, all you need to do is resurface your current ones.
- Always make sure to full bleed your brakes, the proper two person method, at all four corners, at least every 60K miles
Use German/European OEM pads such as Textar, Pagid, Jurid, Ferodo
Last edited by Get Inline; 09-20-2018 at 11:28 PM.