The NEXT 6 - Wish List - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 01:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 12 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz6GreyGhost View Post
Nah. Maybe a little bitter... lol

I just cannot understand how automakers take steps backward with certain features and think it's a smart idea. If it's a cost thing, then offer them as options or dealer-installed items.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Yeah. I agree, although I think part of the cost is around the wiring to feed those extra features. Not sure if they still do this but they will only outfot wiring harnesses with connections for available features.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

2018 Machine Gray Mazda6 Signature
2010 Mazda CX-9 GT Dolphin w/Nav
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
The next Mazda 6 is supposed to be RWD. According to rumours, the base model engine will be the Skyactiv-X 2.5L and the upgraded engine will be a Twin-turbo 3L V6. I am hoping they will make a Skyactiv-X inline 6 version of their 4 cylinder though.

2015 Mazda 6 GS-L Touring - Liquid Silver Metallic - Auto
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 07:31 AM

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Manual transmission for the turbo engine.

How about a Speed6 with some real performance credentials? And make it available in some trim levels other than $40,000.00 Mega-Signature GT DeLuxe...you know, so the rest of us can have a little fun too.
nateweb likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Mazda 6 Touring (w/6-speed manual transmission)
OE fog lights/navigation card/auto-dimming mirror/
Tanabe front strut bar/
Orange Virus 91-octane tune/Racing Beat rear muffler

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 09:31 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Garage
Wagon, turbo, manual. Don't care about AWD.

Manual transmissions, wagons, and heavy metal are awesome. Zoom-Zoom \m/
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon - 3.0L V6, 5MT, Steel Gray Metallic
Mods: Pinstripes removed, rear V6 emblem added
Other Mazdas owned: 2015 Mazda 5 Sport ATX (current), 2010 Mazda 6 ATX (traded), 1997 Protege MTX (sold)
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 09:36 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael95350 View Post
Same thing most people have wanted form the 6 in the states. Bring me a wagon in Touring trim or higher with a manual and I will stop what I am doing and get one.
Bring me a wagon with a manual and I don't care if I have to roll my own windows down, I will get one.

Manual transmissions, wagons, and heavy metal are awesome. Zoom-Zoom \m/
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon - 3.0L V6, 5MT, Steel Gray Metallic
Mods: Pinstripes removed, rear V6 emblem added
Other Mazdas owned: 2015 Mazda 5 Sport ATX (current), 2010 Mazda 6 ATX (traded), 1997 Protege MTX (sold)
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcme0557 View Post
Manual transmission for the turbo engine.

How about a Speed6 with some real performance credentials? And make it available in some trim levels other than $40,000.00 Mega-Signature GT DeLuxe...you know, so the rest of us can have a little fun too.
Nobody likes to buy upper trim levels in these sort of cars with a manual transmission, unfortunately. Plus Mazda would've likely had to beef up their manual trans for the 310ft/lb of torque which they saw no point in doing.

The revival of Mazdaspeed... If I had a dollar for everytime someone would mention this, I'd be riched. It has been talked about all over to death. Really sad to see that Mazda does not intend to continue building performance cars. They are focusing their rather limited budgeting toward a different direction to maximize profits - focusing on building good crossovers and SUV's to satisfy the north-american market and continue building their name here.

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 04:47 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I'd like it to have a simple, minimalistic interior, 3 litre straight 6 engine, and also to come in coupe body style, two doors, no B pillar coupe. What I would really love to see, and I don't think anyone mentioned is a possibility to choose between things when ordering a new car, such as old school key ignition vs start button, manual seats vs electric in all trim levels, metal vs glass sunroof, steering wheel without buttons vs one with, regular cable handbrake vs electronic one and such things. Sort of a purist version of the car.

I wouldn't like to see downsized engine and too many screens, ambient lights and such. There is absolutely nothing wrong with analogue instruments and physical switches.

Now, when I read what I've written it's obvious that I want a new RX-7 FD with a straight 6 engine. A new Mazda 6 that is a bit like MPS (Speedsix) and a bit like RX7 is actually a really good idea.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobeet View Post
I'd like it to have a simple, minimalistic interior, 3 litre straight 6 engine, and also to come in coupe body style, two doors, no B pillar coupe. What I would really love to see, and I don't think anyone mentioned is a possibility to choose between things when ordering a new car, such as old school key ignition vs start button, manual seats vs electric in all trim levels, metal vs glass sunroof, steering wheel without buttons vs one with, regular cable handbrake vs electronic one and such things. Sort of a purist version of the car.

I wouldn't like to see downsized engine and too many screens, ambient lights and such. There is absolutely nothing wrong with analogue instruments and physical switches.

Now, when I read what I've written it's obvious that I want a new RX-7 FD with a straight 6 engine. A new Mazda 6 that is a bit like MPS (Speedsix) and a bit like RX7 is actually a really good idea.
The base engine should be the 2.5L skyactiv x, and the upgraded engine should be a 3.8L straight-6 version of that same engine. An inline 6 would respond very well to the compression ignition and supercharger.

I agree with what you said about the purist version, but I highly doubt something like that would make it to production in todays day and age.

All Mazda RX vehicles must have a rotary though.

The Following User Says Thank You to Get Inline For This Useful Post:
oobeet (08-31-2018)
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 05:24 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Inline View Post
The base engine should be the 2.5L skyactiv x, and the upgraded engine should be a 3.8L straight-6 version of that same engine. An inline 6 would respond very well to the compression ignition and supercharger.

I agree with what you said about the purist version, but I highly doubt something like that would make it to production in todays day and age.

All Mazda RX vehicles must have a rotary though.
I agree for 2.5, but I believe that 3.0 6 cylinder version of 2.0 liter Skyactive X would be more palatable and more realistic. 3.8 is like... to good to be true.

I agree, but we can dream. When I was young, I couldn't afford the cars I wanted. I still want the same thing, but now they don't make them anymore, and I'm too old to get into restoring old cars.

RX, I completely, unequivocally agree. Mazda did make 626 couple, however. And 929 coupe, too. Those were the days.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Inline View Post
Nobody likes to buy upper trim levels in these sort of cars with a manual transmission, unfortunately. Plus Mazda would've likely had to beef up their manual trans for the 310ft/lb of torque which they saw no point in doing.

The revival of Mazdaspeed... If I had a dollar for everytime someone would mention this, I'd be riched. It has been talked about all over to death. Really sad to see that Mazda does not intend to continue building performance cars. They are focusing their rather limited budgeting toward a different direction to maximize profits - focusing on building good crossovers and SUV's to satisfy the north-american market and continue building their name here.

Hey, its a "wish list." If all I wished for was what they wanted to make...what would be the point?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Mazda 6 Touring (w/6-speed manual transmission)
OE fog lights/navigation card/auto-dimming mirror/
Tanabe front strut bar/
Orange Virus 91-octane tune/Racing Beat rear muffler

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page