Wagon love! Post up your photos... - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List
waughoo

73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 168 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
ah... so the engine in the blue wagon is the new fusion engine for the tan wagon? Got it! Us wagon folk are glad for your efforts. Plus, it is always so sad for me to wander the wrecking yards looking at otherwise fine looking cars dying a slow death in the weather with their doors hanging open and the interior components that looked to be unmolested, rotting away. I've seen plenty of really clean cars sitting there awaiting lot rot. It's very sad to me.

Alex
2004 6s Wagon MTX - grocery hauler
---}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
{---

MODS: Tinted windows, RX8s with 225/45 R18s,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 168 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by waughoo View Post
ah... so the engine in the blue wagon is the new fusion engine for the tan wagon? Got it! Us wagon folk are glad for your efforts. Plus, it is always so sad for me to wander the wrecking yards looking at otherwise fine looking cars dying a slow death in the weather with their doors hanging open and the interior components that looked to be unmolested, rotting away. I've seen plenty of really clean cars sitting there awaiting lot rot. It's very sad to me.
Yes, the engine shown in the back of the blue wagon is the one I picked up for the tan wagon. The guys at the junkyard thought I was nuts, but it fit like a glove and they were quite impressed. While I love to use this as a showcase for why wagons are awesome, I only picked it up in my car because my wife and the Mazda MPV were out of town for the week. I would have much rather put all that weight in the back of that vehicle, especially with the rear airbag suspension I added. Although I will say, I wouldn't mind putting some of those airbags on my wagon too. Very nice setup for ~$100. Put it on the van for towing our camper, found ourselves sitting a bit too low on a few trips. Dead-level now and I actually like how it firmed up the ride in back too.

Getting the engine out of the wagon at home with my hoist was a bit trickier. They had a length of seatbelt tied onto the engine at the yard and loaded it into my car using a forklift. But the beam on a hoist is much thicker than a fork, plus the hook is under the beam. So I rigged up a piece of square tube I had laying around to have a notch in the top of it so the hoist beam could go under that seatbelt. Just baaarely snuck it out of the wagon without any damage to the car.

Decent cars in the yard sadden me too, but I just chalk it up to the "circle of life" and that I can't save em all. Plus here in the midwest most cars in the yard are sorta rotted out with rust anyways. I have had some regrets at the yard though, one of which was a beige 6wagon with the sport package. At the time I saw that car, I was planning to scrap my tan wagon so I didn't get a thing off it. But now that I'm fixing/driving/selling, I'm really sad to have not AT LEAST gotten the hatch spoiler for it. The color was even right! Not to mention that I've seen multiple people on FB groups (Mazda6 Nation mostly) looking to buy a spoiler for their wagon, I would have gladly helped someone out. But of course the next time I went to the yard, that beige wagon had gone to the crusher.
LIMazda6 likes this.

James - Ann Arbor, MI
2004 6 wagon (3 pedals ftw)
2004 MPV ES (family transport perfection)

post #13 of 168 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 09:41 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Another wagon owner here! Our Mazda is the family hauler now and the wife drives it, but it does its job well and is a blast to drive!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160214_164919resize.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	213650   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160417_171315resize.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	213658   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171122_182207resize.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	213666  
DrFeelGood and Dadwagon like this.

2004 Mazda 6 Sport Wagon, 3.0L, 5-Speed Auto Trans
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 168 (permalink) Old 12-21-2017, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Although I no longer own this wagon, I spent a great, trouble-free 13 years with it. What else can you fit a 10-foot long PVC pipe inside of and have that much fun driving it? 167K miles of fun and practicality. It was a real workhorse for me and still looked and ran like new. Sorry to see it go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1224.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	213706   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0118.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	213714  

2004 Pebble Ash Wagon - Sport Package (incl. grill and spoiler), leather, Bose, moonroof, roofrack, autodim/compass mirror. Mods - tail lights to all 4, sidemarker to blinker, 35% tint, XM w/Auxmod, Sharkfin, rear bumper step plate, cargo tray, JDM Yellow fogs.

<span style="font-family:Book Antiqua">Ein Prosit!</span></span>
post #15 of 168 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks you two for posting your photos of your wagons. In an effort to try and get some new wagons on here too, I name @BradPD to come post some photos of his 3rd gen wagon from Austraila.

Alex
---}
{---

, and
post #16 of 168 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 11:31 AM

Garage
I recently parked next to another 6wagon. Of course I stuck a Rockauto magnet to his door (I keep a few in the car to give out to worthy 6's I encounter) and went about my shopping.

As I came out, a guy was standing in front of our 2 cars and holding the magnet. I figured with the Georgia license plate, he must be in town visiting for the holidays since it was Dec-22. Talked to the guy a bit and it turns out he had just moved to Michigan for a new job and lived just a couple miles from me. Nice guy, gave him my business card and told him to get in touch some time since I'm also (relatively) new to town.

Didn't hear from him after that, but with the holidays I didn't have any time for socializing anyways. Then just a week ago on the far opposite end of town, I happened to see a familiar car at my favorite store...

I jammed another business card in his door with the note "Nice car! Ha!" Still haven't heard from him. Good thing I pretty much only have time for you internet friends anyways

James - Ann Arbor, MI

Last edited by 98se5speed; 01-11-2018 at 12:44 PM.
post #17 of 168 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Cool! There are two other local wagons here in my little hampton and they are three blocks apart!?! I've even seen one at Costco that I stopped to check out. It's fun to see them. BTW only a couple of the photos are showing up.

Alex
---}
{---

, and
post #18 of 168 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 12:48 PM

Garage
Dang Google and sharing permissions. I think my image links are fixed now.

James - Ann Arbor, MI

post #19 of 168 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 05:29 PM
Track Racer

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by waughoo View Post
Cool! There are two other local wagons here in my little hampton and they are three blocks apart!?! I've even seen one at Costco that I stopped to check out. It's fun to see them. BTW only a couple of the photos are showing up.
I recently got in trouble (not really) with the missus when I ran into three (!!!) wagons doing errands and all wanted to talk. One had stayed around to thank me, about advise I had given regarding maintenance, telling me I saved them thousands with a quick diagnosis I made when hearing them pull up the first time. That was kinda nice.
mnmsddy likes this.

2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX, Performance White (A2N)
Modifications:

post #20 of 168 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98se5speed View Post
Dang Google and sharing permissions. I think my image links are fixed now.
Yep... all showing up now.

Alex
---}
{---

, and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page