BC Coilovers vs Corksport/ - Page 4 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-08-2018, 08:34 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Groans: 9
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda6Suspension View Post
Therefore, only Koni and Corksport are relevant here.
According to what, your informative knowledge on suspensions, or maybe wheels and headlights? You clearly haven't done any research. Therefore, this means that your opinion is irrelevant to this forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 04:18 PM
Banned

@Mazda6Suspension, like @93blkongreenpro said cutting your bump stops has nothing to do with ride quality. Cutting them allows your strut to travel further before hitting the bump stop which is really only useful if you drive on rough roads with lots of potholes. When you drive over a bad bump, you can physically feel your strut smack against the bump stop. The better designed the bump stop is or the more room it offers for the strut to travel, the better.

so @calcaneous, it's optional, meaning not really necessary to do if you drive on nice smooth roads but I would still recommend doing it either way.
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 04:34 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Inline View Post
@Mazda6Suspension, like @93blkongreenpro said cutting your bump stops has nothing to do with ride quality. Cutting them allows your strut to travel further before hitting the bump stop which is really only useful if you drive on rough roads with lots of potholes. When you drive over a bad bump, you can physically feel your strut smack against the bump stop. The better designed the bump stop is or the more room it offers for the strut to travel, the better.

so @calcaneous, it's optional, meaning not really necessary to do if you drive on nice smooth roads but I would still recommend doing it either way.

Thanks for clearing up what the word optional means 🧐

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get Inline likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 12:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcaneous View Post
Thanks for clearing up what the word optional means 🧐

In regards to your comment about CS suspension, Yes the Mazda's GJ body would certainly look fantastic lowered. I like how CS offers an aggressive drop, but I am concerned about ride quality with the terrible roads where I live because corksports springs are a rather aggressive drop compared to something like Tanabe.

Tanabe looks good, in a picture Dougspeed took the drop looked perfect, while in some pictures I saw on google the drop looked to be barely more than stock. I am a little conflicted right now.
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 01:32 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
In regards to your comment about CS suspension, Yes the Mazda's GJ body would certainly look fantastic lowered. I like how CS offers an aggressive drop, but I am concerned about ride quality with the terrible roads where I live because corksports springs are a rather aggressive drop compared to something like Tanabe.

Tanabe looks good, in a picture Dougspeed took the drop looked perfect, while in some pictures I saw on google the drop looked to be barely more than stock. I am a little conflicted right now.
I was conflicted as well, and went with CS.

The picture below is the PO's car with the CS springs. A little low, but better than the tannabes, IMHO.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

*2014 M6GT, Maxie G, stock as she can be.
*2009 Mazda 3 Sport - Sold
*1993 Mazda Protťgť, Sell Pending*
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 01:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93blkongreenpro View Post
I was conflicted as well, and went with CS.

The picture below is the PO's car with the CS springs. A little low, but better than the tannabes, IMHO.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Nice drop.

Tanabe's have their own benefits as well. Springs without a super aggressive/dramatic drop pair better and are more gentle on your factory struts, or aftermarket options such as Bilstein which is based around maintaining a good balance between firmness and good ride comfort. Springs like Tanabe help to amplify this effect and provide a very smooth and comfortable ride that is still firm and sporty when you need it to be. Now you live somewhere where I am sure has far smoother and better quality roads than here in Toronto, so I can totally understand why you are just looking for a nice drop over anything else. The way Mazda's chassis behaves prefers a suspension with dual nature that is both soft and firm at the same time. Not too firm, but not too soft either. Even if you just don't care much for ride comfort, this dual nature is important to maintain stability when pushing the car hard around corners. Too stiff and the car becomes unsettled when hitting a bump mid-corner. Too soft and steering becomes flaccid and the car sort of just flops over when you start to push on the chassis. Mazda, and also BMW have a similar philosophy to their chassis tuning where it is firm and and communicative but forgiving and very stable at the same time. Blending all these attributes together makes for a car that not only rewards good driving, but assures you to keep pushing your potential to higher limits and is still comfortable when you are not attacking corners.

I think the best option would be to get Bilstein B6 struts, sacrifice an aggressive drop a little with Tanabe springs, and compensate with sway bars front and rear. At least that's the setup I will be going for when it's time to replace my struts. But I might look for a spring that is somewhere in between Tanabe Corksport. The drop on those CS springs is just a touch too much for my needs. I don't mind low cars, but that's just too low for where I live.

Last edited by Get Inline; 09-14-2018 at 01:44 PM.
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:

People think my car is the new
Lamborghini sedan! Itís intense. I wish it looked more like a masarati though

post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 02:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
People think my car is the new
Lamborghini sedan! Itís intense. I wish it looked more like a masarati though

Mazda went their own styling direction with the GJ. It is unmistakably a Japanese sports sedan with it's styling language.

Lamborghini sedan? Wow, I can really see the resemblance!
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Mazda went their own styling direction with the GJ. It is unmistakably a Japanese sports sedan with it's styling language.

Lamborghini sedan? Wow, I can really see the resemblance!

I feel so high right now with the car not having the Mvkit on it. Kinda like it. But Iíll probably be selling her soon. :-/

post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 02:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
I feel so high right now with the car not having the Mvkit on it. Kinda like it. But Iíll probably be selling her soon. :-/

Maybe you should cut down on the kush smoke just a little
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page