Extended Warranty purchase avenues? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Question Extended Warranty purchase avenues?

I usually got my Toyota warranties for cheap (50% cheaper or so) either online from remote dealers or price matching with the local ones. Where are you guys buying yours?

2014 Soul Red GT w/ I-ELOOP (tech pkg)
Huskyliner Floor and Trunk Mats, White Interior LEDs, Fog, Front Lip, Door Handle, Rear Reflector Chrome Accents, SS Door Sill Plates and Bumper protector, Splash Guards

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 10:17 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Groans: 1
You can go online to purchase from discount Mazda dealers. I would suggest to buy only Mazda warranty. That being said, it is generally agreed that one does not buy extended warranty. It just does not pay to buy these warranties when you have reliable cars. I bought one for my 2004 G35X, but I had some issues after the extended warranty expired.

Extended warranty usually gives you another 3 to 4 years after the original one, but it's not a bumper to bumper coverage. It mainly covers the power trains which generally will outlast the extended warranty!

2014 Mazda 6 GT (daily driver)
2012 Mustang GT Premium w/Koni Sport
2012 MDX Tech
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 10:39 AM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
The best company for extended warranties that can be purchased at dealerships to me are Fidelity warranties. i deal with them daily as a service advisor. I am not sure if they are in your region, but they are really easy to deal with. You can wait until you get closer to the end of your 5yr/60k warranty with mazda and purchase it, but I think the price goes up the more miles it has. BUT, if youg et it now, you will be paying for something you dont really need because the car is still covered by Mazda. Or you can purchase the Mazda Extended warranty. Either way you wil be in good hands.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
I have factory extended warranty for my Toyota Venza that is a bumper to bumper with 0 deductible. I am only interested in factory warranties since they have the best coverages. I bought mine from my dealer for $800 for 6yr/100k. Not sure one can get for Mazdas that cheap ...

2014 Soul Red GT w/ I-ELOOP (tech pkg)
Huskyliner Floor and Trunk Mats, White Interior LEDs, Fog, Front Lip, Door Handle, Rear Reflector Chrome Accents, SS Door Sill Plates and Bumper protector, Splash Guards

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBiker View Post
I have factory extended warranty for my Toyota Venza that is a bumper to bumper with 0 deductible. I am only interested in factory warranties since they have the best coverages. I bought mine from my dealer for $800 for 6yr/100k. Not sure one can get for Mazdas that cheap ...
They are always better, especially if you do your service at the dealer. Even if you dont do your major services, you can bring it in for the big services every 30k, or atleast 10k. Toyota will sometimes take care of things outside of that warranty you purchased just because you brought the car in for service. If the Mazda one is outrageous, I would highly advise Fidelity, from personal experience. But I am with you i would always go with the manufacturer warranty over anything.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 12:58 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you have a preferred dealer, check with their service manager to be sure they accept the warranty company you are interested in. Some of the warranties you find online are complete frauds, don't cover what you think should be covered and are near impossible to work with. I've seen plenty of people burned with cheap online warranties. Nothing is "bumper to bumper", not even the original "bumper to bumper" warranty.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Always remember this is negotiable as well. I paid just under 1k for a great warranty up 75k miles.

Zoom Zoom: 2014 MT blue/sand touring

Whats my stress reliever? PAINTBALL-duh

One can never out pace crazy and one can never beat stupid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page