Just got my MS6 'Bianca' home...Sorta. :/ - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Just got my MS6 'Bianca' home...Sorta. :/

Dealer washed her, waxed her and she looks immaculate. I've done so much research and I'm glad I have her. Shes ridiculously more spacious than my old 2000 Mitsu Eclipse. I've decided to name her Bianca. lol.

On to the less boring stuff, as I said, in my very first post, I can't drive stick, and this will be the car I will be learning how to drive in. After spending an hr driving around in an empty lot, I've realized that I can shift, downshift, brake, stop and the whole nine with ZERO problems. My biggest problem...Starting in 1st gear...

The clutch is f***ing impossible with the way it pops out like that. On the ride home, people are saying to try for 1500 RPM's and have a nice and smooth synchronized movement. I try but the clutch just jumps out at me like no bodies business. Something I've read about...and expected...but not to this degree. Eh...
Sooo...Long story short, I did pretty well. She is suuuuper quick. But after stalling way too many times to count, I decided to just tow since I was covered by the insurance company anyways. While I stopped by a 7/11 to wait for the tow company came through, my dad wanted to give her a test drive in the lot. Made matters worse, to the point where a bit of blue smoke happened to spew from the engine bay.

She'll probably be home in an hour or so and I'll be practicing my ass off when she does.

Any tips???
The Following User Says Thank You to Dethkid_MS6 For This Useful Post:
Final Impact (01-12-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Clutch pedal can be adjusted with good results - have a good search around and get to know the car.
Blue smoke from where?
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

@KevMS6 it came shooting from out the engine bay/front tires of sorts. It was a little hard to tell because I was behind the car when my Dad pulled off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Starting was always the thing I had problems with. Work on it in empty lots a bunch, and when you get it, go on roads that have hills and aren't traveled often. Once you get that, you'll be fine it takes practice.

You're already doing better than me though! When I first learned stick, I got pulled over for "stealing a car and driving it while high".

Sent from my VS920 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

-insert overreaction here-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Scion tC MTX Release Series 8.0 (1688 of 2000):
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Mazda6i MTX Hatch: Traded.

2004 Mazda6s MTX Hatch: Totaled.
2000 Dodge Neon ATX: Winter Beater
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Thanked 1,215 Times in 860 Posts
Groans: 27
Groaned at 46 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethkid_MS6 View Post
@KevMS6 it came shooting from out the engine bay/front tires of sorts. It was a little hard to tell because I was behind the car when my Dad pulled off.

smoke from the wheel wells is from burning the clutch. looks like your dad can't drive a stick either...lol. idk that clutch smoke is blue...but thats what it sounds like.

2016 Mustang GT
1997 Jeep ZJ
SOLD:1996 Miata
SOLD: 1967 Chevy C10 Stepside
SOLD: 2006 BCM MS6 GT #00584
CP-E 3" Straight Pipe Exhaust. CP-E TMIC. HTP 3" TIP. Custom 3.5" MAF SRI. SU RMM. SU TP. Forge V1 BPV. Cobb AP. RichTuned. Denso ITV22. PTP HPFP Internals. STi S204 Lip. Megan Racing Springs. XXR 530 18x8.75 +33. VEI Boost Gauge with Block8head pod. Blox Shift Knob.

SOLD:

post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Interesting... Any more details? No dash lights came on?

Sent from that one app with the gay annoying signature
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Groans: 6
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
A good trick that I've told others when learning how to drive a stick is to kind of dig your heel into the carpet and modulate the clutch with the arch of your foot. IMO it gives you better control.

The new whip looks sweet! Congrats and welcome!

Cobb AP - CP-E Nano SRI - CP-E Single exit CBE - CP-E RMM - PG TIP - SLS TP - Forge V1 BPV - HKS Hipermax LS+ Coilovers - Car_LED Tails - Prosport Gauges - Dashhawk - JBR SSP/Counterweight/Bushings/Heavy Shift Knob

- SOLD
Instagram: JKalai
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 07:45 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Be careful,you don't wanna burn the clutch
The offer still stands
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide App

K&N CAI,Magnaflow exhaust,HID driving & fog lights,DoubleDin stereo with NAV,VIS carbon fiber hood,Autoexe grill & lip,Motegui 18' rims with Hankook tires,speed6 brakes,Steel braided lines,TB coolant bipass,TB grounded,PKE alarm system,Mazdaspeed short shifter

Last edited by elemento_74; 01-12-2013 at 07:53 PM.
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
In your road, or empty parking lot, practice finding the engagement point of the clutch, do this 20-30 times, whitout really "taking off ". You will notice u can even get your car going without touching the gas pedal at all if ur smooth enough
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

@YayITzToxic Boy thats rough. lol. Thanks for the compliment though. I hope I can master it in a week.

@6 Y Mazda That was obvious. lol. I mentally know how to drive stick, I just can't execute it well. He said he drove stick over 20 years ago....and well, that was the result. :/
@Mangosmoothie Nope surprisingly. I know a clutch can take some beating, but smoke is never a good sign.
@Jjkalai That actually sounds like a really good idea. I'll give that a try when I'm out next.
@elemento_74 If I can't get it in a week or 2, I'll PM you. I still very much appreciate it bro.
@evolution99 I don't wanna sound like a complete jackass, but could you explain the engagement point to me? It seemed impossible to make it work for me. >_>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page