Just got my MS6 'Bianca' home...Sorta. :/ - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 08:56 AM

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemento_74 View Post
Whatever you do don't stop going up on a hill till you master the clutch.Unless you do the e-brake trick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide App
I love the e-brake trick ^_^ I still use it. I'm too lazy to actually try to drive right.

Sent from my VS920 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

-insert overreaction here-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Scion tC MTX Release Series 8.0 (1688 of 2000):
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 Mazda6i MTX Hatch: Traded.

2004 Mazda6s MTX Hatch: Totaled.
2000 Dodge Neon ATX: Winter Beater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YayITzToxic View Post
I love the e-brake trick ^_^ I still use it. I'm too lazy to actually try to drive right.

Nothing wrong with that.
Not many people know the e-brake trick

K&N CAI,Magnaflow exhaust,HID driving & fog lights,DoubleDin stereo with NAV,VIS carbon fiber hood,Autoexe grill & lip,Motegui 18' rims with Hankook tires,speed6 brakes,Steel braided lines,TB coolant bipass,TB grounded,PKE alarm system,Mazdaspeed short shifter
post #23 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemento_74 View Post
Nothing wrong with that.
Not many people know the e-brake trick

It was the first thing my dad taught me when I learned hills. I always laugh at guys who roll back when they drive standard. No reason for that at all. :P

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 11:52 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Groans: 9
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Looks beautiful Broski!..

2006 Mazdaspeed6: Gone

Need the pod for your gauge? Read here ======>
post #25 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
@block8head thanks man. lol.

To everyone else, I drove her today after I got off work and did pretty damn good. Only stalled out 3 times. I even got a good run to push her. She is ridiculously fast! I say give me a week before I'm pretty solid on the basic stuff. On that note though....for backing out of your driveway...I know accelerating out is really uncalled for, and riding the clutch sounds like the wrong thing to do....How do you go about it? I'm way to used to just backing out with the brakes only.
post #26 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 05:00 PM
100% CANUCK

Mentioned: 361 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1305 Post(s)
Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,205 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Glad you are feeling more confident.

Personally, when i need to back up slowly i will ride the clutch a bit. Its not as hard on it as you would think. Just dont be at high RPM's while doing it.

What i do sometimes is just stay off the gas once you get the nice smooth takeoff in reverse. If thats still a little too quick, just take it out of reverse once its rolling fast enough.

Something worth mentioning, i read somewhere its advisable to not have the clutch depressed for more than 10 to 15 seconds at a time with the engine running. Like say waiting for a light to turn green. Just thought id share that.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

---
---
---
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Smoke For This Useful Post:
Dethkid_MS6 (01-13-2013)
post #27 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

@Mr. Smoke Thanks man. You've been seriously helpful bro. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to set my clutch aflame. It sounds scary. lol. Also, thanks for the tip. I figured it wouldn't be advisable. It only takes me a couple of seconds to back out anyways.
post #28 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smoke View Post
Glad you are feeling more confident.

Personally, when i need to back up slowly i will ride the clutch a bit. Its not as hard on it as you would think. Just dont be at high RPM's while doing it.

What i do sometimes is just stay off the gas once you get the nice smooth takeoff in reverse. If thats still a little too quick, just take it out of reverse once its rolling fast enough.

Something worth mentioning, i read somewhere its advisable to not have the clutch depressed for more than 10 to 15 seconds at a time with the engine running. Like say waiting for a light to turn green. Just thought id share that.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
When I back up, I get it started with the gas and then play with the clutch and brake.

I always put my car in neutral if I'm in bad traffic or if I come up to a light right as it turns red. Holding in the clutch for that long can get annoying anyway

post #29 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Yeah, I can say that I've confided in going neutral when coming to a stop. Downshifting came easy to me. I just gotta get used to the revs on the 6. I used the auto-manual on my Eclipse and got used to shifting at specific points. I'm at least glad I can still shift at the 3K rev mark in the MS6. I'm just surprised it isn't as difficult as it seems to just drive stick. I just gotta get used to my left foot doing something. lol.
post #30 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethkid_MS6 View Post
Yeah, I can say that I've confided in going neutral when coming to a stop. Downshifting came easy to me. I just gotta get used to the revs on the 6. I used the auto-manual on my Eclipse and got used to shifting at specific points. I'm at least glad I can still shift at the 3K rev mark in the MS6. I'm just surprised it isn't as difficult as it seems to just drive stick. I just gotta get used to my left foot doing something. lol.
You'll get it, and then everything will come naturally!

The Following User Says Thank You to YayITzToxic For This Useful Post:
Dethkid_MS6 (01-13-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page