~~ The official "What did you do to your 6 today" thread!! ~~ - Page 454 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

310Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4531 of 4610 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 06:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93blkongreenpro View Post
I just did the kyb excel just in case I need a replacement I dont have to search high and low to find one.

Anywhoo... another lowered GJ on CS's

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Really sweet looking. My Sport on 17's, though practical (and not lowered), certainly does not look "the business" like yours... Very nice.

I guess, though, you really do have to be careful re anything you might encounter by way of lousy pavement or debris on the road. Of course any prudent driver would, but sometimes damages are unavoidable.

Nice car!

Cdn17Sport6MT
Vancouver, BC Canada
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4532 of 4610 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Garage
@blackerphotos that looks awesome! I know what I'm doing next time I have some free time and decent weather lol

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
To Come lowering springs, sway bars, subframe brace, strut tower brace
Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<- ->
<-

post #4533 of 4610 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 08:01 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn17Sport6MT View Post
Really sweet looking. My Sport on 17's, though practical (and not lowered), certainly does not look "the business" like yours... Very nice.

I guess, though, you really do have to be careful re anything you might encounter by way of lousy pavement or debris on the road. Of course any prudent driver would, but sometimes damages are unavoidable.

Nice car!
Thank you. My last car, 93 Protege, was lower than this and was my only car for 10 years and I drove it everywhere and knew where it would go, where I could force it to go and when I would need to hold up traffic and turn around, and out of habit, I drive this car with the same principals, even though it is not as low, but the front is longer, so it equals out.

I drive my M6 750+ miles a week / 5,000+ miles a month so let's see how these kyb excel's hold up, lol

*2014 M6GT, Maxie G, stock as she can be.
*2009 Mazda 3 Sport - Sold
*1993 Mazda Protégé, Sell Pending*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4534 of 4610 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 08:14 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil6 View Post
@blackerphotos that looks awesome! I know what I'm doing next time I have some free time and decent weather lol
Thanks. It’s an entirely different feel. I realized once I posted the ‘After’ picture that I should have turned the lights on the get the same red glow I had in the ‘Before’ picture.

@blackerphotos on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter
post #4535 of 4610 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 02:14 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
i cant see pictures

Mazda6
post #4536 of 4610 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 04:10 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Picked up license plates at the dealership and took the opportunity to renew the relationship with the parts dept manager. (still won't be running a front plate)

Also picked up 3 OEM filters (they threw in brass washers) and recorded the first oil change into the dealership database (exactly 1,501 miles) with 0w20 Kendall GT-1 high zinc, OEM filter. Dealership pricing for oil changes was a bit more than I can do myself, even with specialized oils, and I like having a clean modern car to work on that isn't 58+ years old and having to plan every potential piece of hardware that might break every time you touch something.

Input from the oil change: Nice to see that Mazda made an adequate service panel where you can drain the case and replace the filter without oil going everywhere (Looking at you, Mazdaspeed3 undertray designer!!!!). First time using 0w20 and wowwwwwwwww is it thin! The previous 10 or so oil changes I have done were on pre-60's hot rods which take 20w50. That stuff is like molasses in January compared to this stuff!

9 cars and 2 parking spots, this doesn't make any sense.
post #4537 of 4610 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 11:32 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93blkongreenpro View Post
Ordered this. $118. Why not be a pioneer. Or a sucker. I'm not sure which one I am yet.

How hard is this to install?
post #4538 of 4610 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeeb_m View Post
How hard is this to install?
I just ordered from eBay and it's coming from China, but I'm sure it's just self tappers.

*2014 M6GT, Maxie G, stock as she can be.
*2009 Mazda 3 Sport - Sold
*1993 Mazda Protégé, Sell Pending*
post #4539 of 4610 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 10:49 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Dont have any pics but brakes n rotors fixed my rear wiper blades for some reason previous owner took it off, fixed some of the panels inside n got the cops called on me because it was "late" mind you this was around 730 8 o clock but w.e. made some progress now I'm looking to where the oil pressure sensor is to see if that's my problem.... I sure hope so
post #4540 of 4610 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 01:40 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Footwell LEDs (Red)

My 2018 6 Sport. Had my film and electronics guy install red LED ambient footwell lighting. Wired to the exterior lights circuit, so when the parking or headlights are on, these are on too. Can't see the lights unless it's dark, which is really the point. You might not even see them in the photo, unless you turn off your lights.

When something is in the footwell at night, the red LEDs illuminate it well. No more feeling around at night to find something that fell down there. Will be easy to see right away. Because they are dim and red, night vision is totally unimpaired.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page