~~ The official "What did you do to your 6 today" thread!! ~~ - Page 344 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

360Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3431 of 4726 (permalink) Old 09-10-2014, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Damn PD on calipers?! That's a new one to me! Sounds like PD is superman and can do it all lol

Anyway, up at school now in Wisconsin, took her 1200 miles across the country from jersey to wisco and she ran beautifully... Few days later checked my oil and I literally had 0 left. Good thing I checked it. I mean literally it burned so much that it didn't even come up on the stick.... So I poured 6 qt in and now she's back to where she should be.

Always a good feeling when others appreciate the hard work put in to making our 6's look nice. Had my neighbor pull me aside and start complimenting my ride which I just say back and enjoyed the compliments hahah

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Mazda 6i AT Black (R.I.P.) | 2004 Mazda 6s MT Glacier Silver

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3432 of 4726 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014, 12:51 AM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 254 Post(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Garage
I finally got my rear LEDs installed. Would have been sooner but i had to do some work on a friend's p.o.s Altima to get it running again.

And damn, here is a quick video I did. @kANAkSz I thinks a full purple interior might look pretty SICC...

Gone but not forgotten
Manual 06' 3.0 Wagon
Tein S-Techs, Flush tails, TWM shifter & more

New Bitch:
03' Protege5 follow me on IG @Hova_Wins

-{Enter Witty Remark Here}-

My
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HovA For This Useful Post:
Chuckie (09-11-2014), cmorty72 (09-11-2014)
post #3433 of 4726 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Groans: 7
Where you get leds from?...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3434 of 4726 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014, 01:07 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 254 Post(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmazda View Post
Where you get leds from?...
This is the type of LEDs i'm using. They are made for industrial signs (think department store signs). They are insanely bright and made to last.
They are a bit difficult to get ahold of though. I think they are sold by the 100ft. I was lucky enough to get them from where I work.

Gone but not forgotten
Manual 06' 3.0 Wagon
Tein S-Techs, Flush tails, TWM shifter & more

New Bitch:
03' Protege5 follow me on IG @Hova_Wins

-{Enter Witty Remark Here}-

My
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HovA For This Useful Post:
cmorty72 (09-11-2014), Final Impact (09-12-2014), jdmazda (09-11-2014)
post #3435 of 4726 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014, 02:49 PM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HovA View Post
Only one way to find out...
Someone grab a can o' Dip & A butane lighter!
That does surprise me that it would hold up on calipers. Seems they would burn it right off....crazy.
If it is flammable that's far to close to a rubber brake line which could also go up if the heat dissipates toward the interior of the car, especially if you are running steel wheels there is so much wheel face the heat would push out the other direction. Burn through the brake line and dump all your brake fluid would be a bit of a problem.

l
l
l

Have I helped you or supplied you with Information? Thank me by donating to The New England Mazda6 Auto Club
post #3436 of 4726 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Groans: 7
Finally finished engine cover paint job,will get pics when I clean engine bay..cleaned air filter..and moved it to engine bay..evidence of water getting to filter from having cai. .gonna shorten pipe and,move filter up...
post #3437 of 4726 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 08:22 AM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Groans: 22
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenambience View Post
If it is flammable that's far to close to a rubber brake line which could also go up if the heat dissipates toward the interior of the car, especially if you are running steel wheels there is so much wheel face the heat would push out the other direction. Burn through the brake line and dump all your brake fluid would be a bit of a problem.
Quick link from DYC
Is plasti dip flammable?

"I'd rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built if for me. Your car is your story so don't let someone else write the book." Moog from Mighty Car MOD
post #3438 of 4726 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenambience View Post
Not dissing but all i could think whilst reading this was "Back,...and to the left" and other Warren commission related thoughts lol. But seriously, nice analyticals guy.
post #3439 of 4726 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Considering your brake fluid boils at 375F it'll just dry out and fall off. Seriously doubt it has enough volatile vapor content to do a Hindenburg in your wheel.

Its not like the caliper hits INSTANT high temps. Most do not drive in a manor to even raise the temps....

2006 Mazda 6s GS Hatchback, Lapis Blue | AJ 3.0 & AW6A-EL 6 Spd, >119,000

__________________________________________________ __________________
V6 repair info here:
The Following User Says Thank You to Final Impact For This Useful Post:
HovA (09-12-2014)
post #3440 of 4726 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 11:58 AM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Final Impact View Post
Considering your brake fluid boils at 375F it'll just dry out and fall off. Seriously doubt it has enough volatile vapor content to do a Hindenburg in your wheel.

Its not like the caliper hits INSTANT high temps. Most do not drive in a manor to even raise the temps....
I don't know what temp the brakes heat up to but when I just replaced my rear calipers and bed my brakes I went to check how hot they were and make sure they looked good and the rotors will burn your fingers. I know I had less heat doing the same thing with my 18" rx-8 5 spokes rims vs oem 16" 5 spokes. The 18"s have more clearance around the caliper.

I would be worried if the plasti dip was flammable with a fire in the wheel well.

l
l
l

Have I helped you or supplied you with Information? Thank me by donating to The New England Mazda6 Auto Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page