LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-11-2003, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Road trip

I took the 6s out on its first road trip and I am extremely impressed with this car. It was only a four hour drive but I had 75mph Turnpikes at least instead of the usual 65mph. This car is a different animal on the highway. I have only had this car for three weeks and I have the 5 speed. I found that most of the time I looked down and I was doing 90-105mph unless I used the cruise control. This car is so smooth that it doesn't feel that it is that fast. That is until you see how quickly you just passed a car like it was doing 35mph.

The cabin was extremely quiet and my wife couldn't believe I was doing 85 while talking to her on the cell phone and she thought I was pulled over somewhere. She couldn't hear any background noise. On the way to Dallas I used a newer Prelude for a rabbit since she was doing 85-90. On the way back, I followed a 3.2 TL. During my trip, I only saw two 6's and was surprised I saw that many. I have noticed something strange though. When accelerating fairly briskly through 1-3, I notice around 5000 rpms that the engine is not as fast and bogs down ever so slightly. Either I am getting way used to the speed of this car or perhaps something is wrong. You wouldn't know it by what I experienced on the highway today though. Maybe it is a combination of getting used to it and its lack of low end torque, I don't know. Either way, I wanted to share with my fellow 6 brethren the joys of my ride this weekend. Thank God for cruise control or I would have way too many tickets.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 05:04 PM

Reading Topic: Road trip

I agree with you. I drove from Pennsylvania to Kentucky last month. It was almost 900 miles and I only stopped 3 times for food or gas. I was surprised how comfortable the car was at speed.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-12-2003, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Reading Topic: Road trip

Yeah, I hear people talking about how smooth it is, but man, I had no idea. I just wish it felt the same around town. It's like a totally different car over 60.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page