I'll never buy a Mazda again - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Rude response from Mazda

I had a 2012 VW CC. VW extended warranties on several parts they knew to be problematic in their design. I had my VW fixed at no charge as it should be.

Mazda makes a defective product and will only cover it for the original warranty period. When I emailed them to complain here is the response:

Thank you for contacting the Mazda Customer Experience Center. I am sorry to hear your disappointment, but this is some of the risk involved with buying a used vehicle. The concern you are experiencing could have been present a majority of the time while the previous owner had the vehicle as that started almost 4 years ago, or it may have been only until you purchased the vehicle the concern became present with wind noise; however, there is no guarantee any TSB concern will happen on every single vehicle. Parts can fail and concerns on every vehicle can happen. Every product-related concern related to defect of a part grants coverage as a matter of being inside the applicable warranty; therefore, if you are outside of the warranty, you are now responsible for the repair.

If you have any questions or responses, you may reach me by replying directly to this e-mail.

Sincerely,
Andrew

So this known defect might have only started when I bought the car 5 days ago? I am highly about this response. He is also saying "hey the defective product we made, that failed so frequently we had to issue a TSB, might fail after the warranty period." Tough luck!

I'll make sure to test drive my next car for a much longer time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 09:20 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Their response didn't seem rude in the least. It's not a vehicle performance or safety issue, just a comfort one. It's well out of its warranty period and doesn't cause a safety risk, so I can't really see them wanting to foot the bill. Why on Earth are you contacting Mazda about it and not the dealer you bought it from?!
GerryB and idrive like this.

Manual transmissions, wagons, and heavy metal are awesome. Zoom-Zoom \m/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Mazda 6s Wagon - 3.0L V6 | 5MT | Steel Gray Metallic |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods: 2015 OEM 17" 6 rims | NGK Iridium IX plugs | Matte black painted OEM wheels (winters) | Red painted calipers | Light black "smoked" headlights | R1 Concepts eLine rear rotors and pads | Rear V6 emblem added
Other Mazdas owned: 2015 Mazda 5 Sport ATX (current), 2010 Mazda 6 ATX (traded), 1997 Protege MTX (sold)
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:16 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Garage
I missed something here I think. What was the complaint? Simply wind noise? What year car was it? Why didn't this person resolve with the dealer first
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 01:11 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Groans: 6
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Garage
What's been missed is the OP bought a used car that is out of warranty and wants Mazda to make necessary repairs that he feels Mazda should be responsible for.

Seriously? If you think another car company is going to handle this situation any differently I would take that bet.

The response letter from Mazda is not even close to being rude as well.
GerryB likes this.

2018 Signature - White Pearl - Chestnut
Build Thread:
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 05:51 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrive View Post

I agree, nothing rude in the letter.

Going back, there is really a risk whenever you buy a used car. Unless you know the person whom you are buying the car, there's no guarantee that the previous owner took great care in maintaining the car. As far as extended warranty is concerned, my experience is with Honda in replacing the airbag. My vehicle wasn't included in the model year but they made an effort to reach to their customers.

If the issue is not of a safety concern, I believe that no car company will be willing to replace parts through extended warranty.
GerryB and idrive like this.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 07:45 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Groaned at 12 Times in 4 Posts
Unless the car had a certified manufactuer warranty, then the dealer or extended warranty company is responsible.

The email sounded fair and balanced. The age of the car and lack of historical info (at least in the OPs post) make it impossible for Mazda to know the history of the vehicle. The "defect" could be the result of abuse and or damage over the car's life.

Go back to the dealer. Not Mazda's-or any manufacturer's- responsibility.

Also having originally owned a 2006 Mazda5 during the overheating exhuast recall, I can attest to Mazda's first class handling and treatment of a consumer for a safety concern. Also realize the dealer is your interface with the manufacturer.

Sorry but thats life.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
GerryB, idrive and huntermm like this.

2018 Machine Gray Mazda6 Signature
2010 Mazda CX-9 GT Dolphin w/Nav
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 09:11 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Groans: 5
Garage
Agree with everyone about working with the dealer first. And here’s where brand loyalty can come into play.... or at least using the same dealer for years. I’ve had over 15 Hondas. A few of them way out of warranty. My dealer continued to take care of a persistent clutch issue until I traded my 90 Accord at 85,000 miles. I had the stereo die at almost 60,000 in my 03 Accord .... no cost. 89 Prelude...corroded steering line (rough PA winters) repacked when the car was 14 years old. Not a full gratis job but rather than charge me the flat rate listed in the tech manual of 3 hours, they charged me actual ...45 min. Ditto a few things with my wife’s Lexus.

OP reminds me of clients at work. Client signs up for ABC software. Software version 2.0 comes out with new features. Client threatens to stop project because they want said new features. Tough beanie weanies... we’re already 6 months down the path of implementing V1.0. V2.0 requires new tools and additional effort. At some point you draw the line and say this is what we’ll do and this is what won't do. Same with car warranty. But just like a dealer, of the client has been around for awhile, or the team has been super great to work with, we might enable some of those new features.
GerryB, ocramida and idrive like this.

'18 Machine Gray GT Reserve
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 04:09 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Groaned at 12 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippp View Post
Agree with everyone about working with the dealer first. And here’s where brand loyalty can come into play.... or at least using the same dealer for years. I’ve had over 15 Hondas. A few of them way out of warranty. My dealer continued to take care of a persistent clutch issue until I traded my 90 Accord at 85,000 miles. I had the stereo die at almost 60,000 in my 03 Accord .... no cost. 89 Prelude...corroded steering line (rough PA winters) repacked when the car was 14 years old. Not a full gratis job but rather than charge me the flat rate listed in the tech manual of 3 hours, they charged me actual ...45 min. Ditto a few things with my wife’s Lexus.

OP reminds me of clients at work. Client signs up for ABC software. Software version 2.0 comes out with new features. Client threatens to stop project because they want said new features. Tough beanie weanies... we’re already 6 months down the path of implementing V1.0. V2.0 requires new tools and additional effort. At some point you draw the line and say this is what we’ll do and this is what won't do. Same with car warranty. But just like a dealer, of the client has been around for awhile, or the team has been super great to work with, we might enable some of those new features.
Yes, i have had the same experience with my dealer. I've been a customer for over 18 years both from car purchases as well as most servicing. I dont go anywhere else. Do I pay more, maybe. But for the level of customer service I've received and "gratus" benefits they throw my way, it all balances out.

Customers who are promiscuous and jump from dealer to shop, to dealer forget that these guys are in business to make money and survive. You show loyalty and a good dealer will also show loyalty. Its a two way street.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
GerryB, Trippp and idrive like this.

2018 Machine Gray Mazda6 Signature
2010 Mazda CX-9 GT Dolphin w/Nav
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrive View Post
What's been missed is the OP bought a used car that is out of warranty and wants Mazda to make necessary repairs that he feels Mazda should be responsible for.

Seriously? If you think another car company is going to handle this situation any differently I would take that bet.

How much would you like to bet?
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 01:36 AM
GWL

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MazdaMetalhead View Post
Their response didn't seem rude in the least. It's not a vehicle performance or safety issue, just a comfort one. It's well out of its warranty period and doesn't cause a safety risk, so I can't really see them wanting to foot the bill. Why on Earth are you contacting Mazda about it and not the dealer you bought it from?!

Indeed, stick to buying new if you want free warranty coverage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page