Review Test Drive: 2017 Mazda6 GT - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-2017, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepCrystal17 View Post
That's a misrepresentation of the facts. Yes, you can get an Accord 2.0T for a minimum of around $31k, the same starting price as the 6 GT, but the Accord will have cloth seats, lack of nav and lack of some other features standard on the 6 GT. The Accord EX-L with 2.0T that is more closely optioned to the 6 GT is more like $36k, a $5k premium over the 6 GT.

So, no, you cannot get an Accord with the bigger engine and otherwise similarly equipped as the 6 GT.

I totally agree with those who have bemoaned the lack of an upgrade engine in the 6, that they're willing to pay extra for, but to infer the entire 6 lineup is "underpowered" is absurd and lazy.

I didnít mention anything about extra or options. Navigation, leather seats, etc etc doesnít add anything to performance.

You are still paying 30k for a 185hp car compared to the ~250hp the Camry and accord offer.

Mazda shines by offering extra and options at a lower price point compared to those two....but until the 2.5t comes out, they are underpowered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to calcaneous For This Useful Post:
Mz6GreyGhost (12-23-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-2017, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by calcaneous View Post
I didnít mention anything about extra or options. Navigation, leather seats, etc etc doesnít add anything to performance.

You are still paying 30k for a 185hp car compared to the ~250hp the Camry and accord offer.

Mazda shines by offering extra and options at a lower price point compared to those two....but until the 2.5t comes out, they are underpowered.
An upgraded engine is just another option along with leather, navigation, etc. They satisfy different needs. Leather serves the comfort need, a more powerful engine serves the performance need, etc.

What you're really saying, which I agree with, is the 6 lacks the option of a more powerful engine for those (~15% of sedan buyers) that feel the base engine (of any midsize sedan for that matter, since is 6 is the quickest among base engine sedans) is not powerful enough for them. That's the accurate way of putting it. Just putting out a blanket statement that the 6 is underpowered, as this article did and some posters on here do, infers that it isn't as quick as the other base-engined midsize sedans it directly competes with. That will turn off prospective buyers who are just looking for a base or mid-level sedan (~85% of buyers).

The 6 GT competes directly with the Accord Touring with 1.5T and CVT and stickers for almost $34,000. And the 6 is quicker than the Accord in that configuration. The 6 GT does NOT compete directly with the Accord with the 2.0T / 10-speed which is a $2,000 option on the EX-L and Touring and a $4,530 option on the Sport.
neenwht6 and jeffeff like this.

2017 Mazda6 Deep Crystal Blue Touring w/ Bose/Moonroof and Premium Packages
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 03:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzman12 View Post
So far, no rattles. The monitor seems to be rattle free.

One thing I've noticed, now that the cold weather has really hit up here (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada), is that the engine idling on cold startups is a little noisier than I would expect.
Not totally happy with that. I may ask the dealer if this is normal or not. Gets quieter as it warms up.
Sounds a little like a diesel when it first starts up. Direct injection may be causing this?

I fixed the rattling with some double sided tape behind the monitor.
I also get very noisy idling.when I first start the car. It goes away after like 15 seconds though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 12 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovetop View Post
I fixed the rattling with some double sided tape behind the monitor.
I also get very noisy idling.when I first start the car. It goes away after like 15 seconds though.
Noisy cold engine is normal for DI cars.

I also had thr same rsttle behind ths screen. Fixed it with some foam.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

2018 Machine Gray Mazda6 Signature
2010 Mazda CX-9 GT Dolphin w/Nav
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2017, 08:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovetop View Post
I did some research on the noisy startups when cold, and realized it's normal.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page