2016 Mazda6 GT noob questions - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 09:32 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilR View Post
For those of you who got a Sirius XM with their M6, did you have to do anything to get all 150 stations with your 4 month complementary subscription ? My owners manual says i have 4 months of free Sirius XM, but when i tune to XM all i get is one station. Is there any setting that i should be aware of ? Thanks.
Just give SiriusXM a call or chat with them on their website. They will ask for the RadioID # but you can also give them your VIN. They will then send a activation signal to the radio and it should activate all the channels for you.

Just be aware that if you give them payment information when your trial is up they may end up automatically charging you for the next month of service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 07:48 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Quote:
Guys, anyone here ever tried "voice training" their infotainment system in a "type B" ( the ones in GT trim and probably the touring tech trim ) system? I tried following the user manual, but each time i press the talk button and say "voice training" nothing happens !

Also, how does one mute a phone call while connected to the car over bluetooth ? The manual says "press the talk button and say mute", i've tried several times while on a phone call and this does not work. What am i doing wrong ? Thanks.
Regarding the muting, you will see an option on the infotainment screen, you can hit that using the center console.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Groans: 9
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks. So i guess there's no ways to mute a call using the steering wheel controls then ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Active Display & Navigation

Does anybody know how to get the navigation to show turn by turn directions in the Active Display Screen? (the clear screen above the gauge cluster)...I've read several people talking about how much they enjoyed that feature and feel like i recall seeing it in the manual as well but mine does not do this...am I just misinformed or am I actually missing something?
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Groans: 9
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Go to navigation settings from the main menu, and there should be an option to beam it on the AD-Display.

Also, there is a software bug in Mazda's 2016 infotainment system. The voice command function gets disabled when you have speed camera/red light camera alerts enabled, and try using the voice command at the same time when the infotainment lady is warning you about a camera. Once the voice command freezes, there is no ways to use it again until you shut off the car and turn it back on after few minutes. I cannot replicate this problem each time, but have been able to time the voice command exactly when the traffic alert was being read twice, and both times the voice command ended up freezing up for rest of the drive.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Go to navigation settings from the main menu, and there should be an option to beam it on the AD-Display.

Also, there is a software bug in Mazda's 2016 infotainment system. The voice command function gets disabled when you have speed camera/red light camera alerts enabled, and try using the voice command at the same time when the infotainment lady is warning you about a camera. Once the voice command freezes, there is no ways to use it again until you shut off the car and turn it back on after few minutes. I cannot replicate this problem each time, but have been able to time the voice command exactly when the traffic alert was being read twice, and both times the voice command ended up freezing up for rest of the drive.
I've already got that setting activated and I still have yet to see it in the HUD...could it be that something else I have activated conflicts with this setting (kind of like the leaving home and auto on headlights do)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page