Another 2014 Mazda 6 GT owner - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Oh no, the color was always fire engine red, easy to maintain but gets way too many attention, hehe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 09:30 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
What's up all?! Figured I'd join in the fun since I just picked up my 2014 6 in snowflake white with almond leather interior. Like the OP, I wasn't looking at Mazda considering I'd been a BMW guy for the past 8 years. But with the price of gas continually going up for premium gas and my job requiring a ton of driving recently, it was a time for a change. I was on the Car and Driver website one day doing some research and then BAM! there she was. The new style was awesome. So I did some research. Looked at reviews and photos, and knew I had to have her. Spent about two months looking for the best deal I could and finally pulled the trigger this past week. Love the car. And I love the MPGs!
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ragu View Post
What's up all?! Figured I'd join in the fun since I just picked up my 2014 6 in snowflake white with almond leather interior. Like the OP, I wasn't looking at Mazda considering I'd been a BMW guy for the past 8 years. But with the price of gas continually going up for premium gas and my job requiring a ton of driving recently, it was a time for a change. I was on the Car and Driver website one day doing some research and then BAM! there she was. The new style was awesome. So I did some research. Looked at reviews and photos, and knew I had to have her. Spent about two months looking for the best deal I could and finally pulled the trigger this past week. Love the car. And I love the MPGs!
Welcome! I sold both BMWs (E90 and E30) for the 6 and have never been happier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 03:11 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndName View Post
Welcome! I sold both BMWs (E90 and E30) for the 6 and have never been happier
I hear ya. I started with an E39 and then went to an E60. It was great having a V8 for the power, but the thing was a gas hog. It's been a loooonnnngggg time since I had a 4 banger. And it's taking a bit to get used to less throaty sound of 4 banger. But, now that I'm not at the gas pump every other day, and being able to use 87 octane gas, I'm more than happy with my decision. And the Mazda is loaded with great technology for a $28k car. Overall a great decision.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Did I just see you at the corner of Metlars lane around 5:00?
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 06:43 PM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Very nice! I got the GT in liquid silver on Saturday at open road in East Brunswick. Were you driving in south Plainfield earlier in the week? Cause I saw a soul red one, the first other 6 I've seen on the road in NJ
Well you've got company, just bought the white Touring from the same dealer
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Just got mine last Thursday as well! Loving it!

2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring
Meteor Gray / Almond / MRCC / FOW

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hello all,
Questions for the OP or whoever came from the 2nd gen Mazda 3: Is it as much fun to drive and is it quiet or quieter than the Mazda 3?

I purchased a Mazda 3 a little more than 2 years ago, a 2011 Itouring. The purpose was for daily driving 5 miles to work and short trips to the Home Depot and such on the weekends and also fun to drive. It's a perfect car for as what I had in mind. Except that there are times when I found it's noisy and when I have 4 passengers and the back seats are a little too tight for 3 persons.

So I am hoping jumping to the 6, I won't lose too much from what I am getting from the 3 but with more room and a little less noise. The 6's fuel rating is actully better than the 3's so that is another bonus.

Thanks

Last edited by amati5; 03-25-2013 at 06:04 PM. Reason: correction
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amati5 View Post
Hello all,
Questions for the OP or whoever came from the 2nd gen Mazda 3: Is it as much fun to drive and is it quiet or quieter than the Mazda 3?

I purchased a Mazda 3 a little more than 2 years ago, a 2011 Itouring. The purpose was for daily driving 5 miles to work and short trips to the Home Depot and such on the weekends and also fun to drive. It's a perfect car for as what I had in mind. Except that there are times when I found it's noisy and when I have 4 passengers and the back seats are a little too tight for 3 persons.

So I am hoping jumping to the 6, I won't lose too much from what I am getting from the 3 but with more room and a little less noise. The 6's fuel rating is actully better than the 3's so that is another bonus.

Thanks
Hi Amati.
My Mazda 3 made all kinds on noises. I think part of the reason was because I beat the hell out of it and I had a roof rack for my road bike. The 6 is definitely a lot quieter. I will tell you this. The back seats are really spacious. I can fit three barrel asses (my coworkers) in the back. Lol.

Hopefully this helps.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Sorry I didn't make it clear, I meant road noise ( even after I changed to quiet tires). The 3 can be really loud when driven on concrete.

Thanks for your reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page