Mazda 6 Forums banner

Only replacing speakers for better sound quality

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Horn17 
#1 ·
Just like the title suggests, I was wondering if I could just replace the stock non-Bose speakers that I have with some good after market ones, Pioneer, Infinity or something else and get a better sound quality?

I don't wanna go through the hassle of hiding wires after installing a brand new sound system with an amp and subwoofer so I was looking at the easier way of just replacing the stock speakers.

And if it does make a difference, will it be a big difference?

#2 ·
I have yet to replace the speakers on my 2011 6 but I did it on both my previous Honda and Acura. I had Infinity and Alpines that were essentially plug and play and it made a huge difference in sound. I think it would be worth it to buy some and carefully install them to see if you like it. Worst case scenario, you can always return them

#3 ·
Ok so which ones would you recommend? JBL, Pioneer, something else? Also I see different watt power on the speakers for sale, which one would sound good with the stock non-navigation radio that I have on my 6?

#5 ·
Thanks man. Also will the stock radio handle the speakers or do i need to upgrade the headunit as well?

#9 · (Edited)
Reactions: paintedblue
#8 ·
I plan on replacing my speakers a well. But, in the meantime I have the PowerAmp app on my phone. It has a really good EQ, so when I BT my music I get good sound. Although, I am going to replace the speakers as well.

Geez....I really should check some the dates on these posts before resurrecting old posts...lol

Skip

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.