bad tick from lower engine...HELP!!! - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
bad tick from lower engine...HELP!!!

new to this site, but not to the mazda 6. I have taken great care of my 6, and now I am having a serious problem. or so I have read. I have always been on top of maintenance of this car. I replaced all coils when they went out and changed the oil every 3K. two weeks ago I got on the pedal to get on the onramp to the interstate then soon after the car started knocking. the sound worsened and I discovered the belt tensioner pulley was shot and just replaced it. Started the car and most of the noise quit, but the knock remains. the noise is coming from the lower front of the engine, gets louder when you rev it, and continues when u let off the pedal. I pulled the dipstick, and to my amazement, there was no oil showing on it at all! This car has never lost a drop other than the usual burn. I have read that these cars spin a main bearing and motor rendered useless. it runs great, but this knock, or tick concerns me. I seriously have never had a rag on the paint, and my ride is in mint condition. I just dont understand what happened... I havent replaced the pcv valve yet, and dont know its location. Have I screwed up royally? I figured id hit this site up before the dreaded trip to the dealer. They want a 100 dollar fee just to look at it.... Id rather put that money into the 91 RX7 I just picked up for my 16 yr old..... The sound seems to be coming from right behind the crank pulley,and is pretty loud...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
also, how do you remove the PCV? most just pull out, but this one turns? I removed the hose to the intake and I could suck air, and blow air thru the hose through the PCV valve without a problem, this seems to be a bad pcv valve...? didnt want to risk breaking it just now since my wife has to drive to work, and its going to the dealer tuesday, dont think im going to like the results....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page