What are your guys' interests/hobbies besides Mazda/Mazda 6's? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
What are your guys' interests/hobbies besides Mazda/Mazda 6's?

I suppose I should start as I started this thread.

I enjoy
-weightlifting
-outdoor activities (hiking, swimming, biking, etc)
-making reviews
-e-commerce
-canyon driving

Youtube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eBay profile:

Instagram:

2015 Mazda 6 Sport
-2.5L/AT

Mod List
1. Debadge (lol) 03/09/2019
2. Interior LED's 03/16/2019
3. Front Strut Tower Bar 03/23/2019
4. Front License Plate Delete (lol) 03/24/2019
5. CorkSport Axelback Exhaust 03/29/2019
6. CorkSport Rear Sway Bar 06/15/2019
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Garage
Let's see here. I like to:

Custom build/make things (Lighting, foamsmithing, book making, sewing).
My wife and I do yoga together 3 nights a week.
Poker.
Cooking.
At times I'll play music. I can play the guitar, bass guitar, drums, and some keyboard/piano as well as beat matching and some turntable skills.
And then there is my reading. I don't read novels or anything like that. If I'm going to read something, I want to be able to learn from it. I'm self taught in a lot of the things I know due to just reading on how to do it such as how I learned the little electronics I know to be able to do custom lighting.

Hopefully within the next year or so I'll be able to find a cool local car crew to join up with and start hitting up some car shows.

This is the costume I made my son for Halloween last year. He was Link from legend of Zelda
What are your guys' interests/hobbies besides Mazda/Mazda 6's?-1557520229783.jpg

What are your guys' interests/hobbies besides Mazda/Mazda 6's?-1557520232554.jpg

This is a book that I made out of floor mats that has the hollowed out look with hand made potions and medallions from the legend of Zelda that i made him for Christmas.
What are your guys' interests/hobbies besides Mazda/Mazda 6's?-1557520235168.jpg

What are your guys' interests/hobbies besides Mazda/Mazda 6's?-1557520237998.jpg

What are your guys' interests/hobbies besides Mazda/Mazda 6's?-1557520242958.jpg

Ray.
2003 6s
Brakemotive Drilled and slotted rotors, Modified eBay CAI, EGR reroute and optimized, TB coolant delete, Brake light mod, AWR Racing Lower dog bone, AWR Right engine mount, BIG 5 upgrade, Battery Relocated, Custom Busbars, Optima Red top, 2 12" Planet Audio BBD12, Rockville Audio 1400w 4chan amp, Rockville Audio 8000w sub amp, RX 8 seats, Custom LED side markers, Lower rear bumper lights, Transmission cooler, Derale Performance transmission filter kit, and lots more to come!!!
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 09:54 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
I work in IT and when I'm not doing that, I do lighting design for a few local theaters. I've also been moving into a few "technical director" roles and production management recently, and I do sound work when something interesting pops up.

Between work, theater stuff, and school I don't have a whole lot of free time but what little time is left, I spend making things. I just picked up a free Corvette power wheels that I plan on putting a metal chassis under and then replacing the tiny little electric motors with one significantly larger one to make a mini electric drift Corvette.
DJ Raydiate likes this.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 10:19 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 782 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2882 Post(s)
Thanked 4,059 Times in 2,851 Posts
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Raydiate View Post

Poker.
Cooking.
At times I'll play music. I can play the guitar, bass guitar, drums, and some keyboard/piano as well as beat matching and some turntable skills.
And then there is my reading. I don't read novels or anything like that. If I'm going to read something, I want to be able to learn from it. I'm self taught in a lot of the things I know due to just reading on how to do it such as how I learned the little electronics I know to be able to do custom lighting.

Hopefully within the next year or so I'll be able to find a cool local car crew to join up with and start hitting up some car shows.

This is the costume I made my son for Halloween last year. He was Link from legend of Zelda
Attachment 227736

Attachment 227738

This is a book that I made out of floor mats that has the hollowed out look with hand made potions and medallions from the legend of Zelda that i made him for Christmas.
Attachment 227740

Attachment 227742

Attachment 227744
Dude, can I be your son?

I'm a huge geek who's a Systems Admin. Married, no kids (maybe some day).

I'm a walking conundrum. I love the outdoors and do all sorts of sports and activities like hockey, mountain biking and hiking, but I'm also a total nerd who runs a 450+ person guild in a video game. I love to socialize but get tired of it quickly and need to quietly relax after. I'm weird.

I was never into cars until I joined this forum which is why i love giving back by helping others any time I can.
DJ Raydiate likes this.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Raydiate View Post

Poker.
Cooking.

Attachment 227736

Attachment 227738

Attachment 227740

Attachment 227742

Attachment 227744
Wow you are involved in a lot! The link costume looks really good btw, can’t wait to see what this year’s costume will be!
DJ Raydiate likes this.

Youtube:

eBay profile:

Instagram:

2015 Mazda 6 Sport
-2.5L/AT

Mod List
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntermm View Post
I work in IT and when I'm not doing that, I do lighting design for a few local theaters. I've also been moving into a few "technical director" roles and production management recently, and I do sound work when something interesting pops up.

Between work, theater stuff, and school I don't have a whole lot of free time but what little time is left, I spend making things. I just picked up a free Corvette power wheels that I plan on putting a metal chassis under and then replacing the tiny little electric motors with one significantly larger one to make a mini electric drift Corvette.
Wow you gotta show us when you complete that electric drift corvette!

Youtube:

eBay profile:

Instagram:

2015 Mazda 6 Sport
-2.5L/AT

Mod List
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 12:56 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modzas6x View Post
Wow you gotta show us when you complete that electric drift corvette!
I'll do my best to chronicle the adventures here. I'm still in the planning phases and trying to work out the best motor/controller/batteries to use. I've got my brother working on designing and fabricating a tube chassis to hide under the plastic.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Garage
Yeah I do what I can for my kids. When I asked him what he wanted to be this year shortly after Halloween, he said he wants to be Cloud from final fantasy. I get to make a buster sword this year!! I'll start on it after the summer.

There is nothing wrong with being a geek lol. I watch a lot of maker videos to see and learn what they do. I built my own scroll saw/sanding disk/mini router table out of a drill and an inverted jig saw lol. I like to get my geek on.

Ray.
2003 6s
Brakemotive Drilled and slotted rotors, Modified eBay CAI, EGR reroute and optimized, TB coolant delete, Brake light mod, AWR Racing Lower dog bone, AWR Right engine mount, BIG 5 upgrade, Battery Relocated, Custom Busbars, Optima Red top, 2 12" Planet Audio BBD12, Rockville Audio 1400w 4chan amp, Rockville Audio 8000w sub amp, RX 8 seats, Custom LED side markers, Lower rear bumper lights, Transmission cooler, Derale Performance transmission filter kit, and lots more to come!!!
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 11:16 PM
Track Racer

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Garage
I do a lot of fishing between Spring and fall. Not a whole lot of ocean fishing but river and lakes. Trout and salmon are the main fish I go after, but I don't mind doing some Bass fishing here and there. I tried ocean/surf fishing a few times, but not much luck other than an really occasional sea-run cutthroat and juvenile salmon.

I do like sight seeing and driving to do so.

I'm not a green thumb by any extent, but in the last couple years I've been interested in growing edible plants. I tried Avocados from the pit, but that was mostly a failed experiment. Right now I have a couple peach twigs (trees), 1 tomato, 1 egg plant, garlic and scallions growing.

I'm not so much of an artistic guy so the costumes that @DJ Raydiate does amazes me!

- 2007 Mazda 6s Sport Wagon Sport VE, A6, bought Nov 30th '18

- 2017 Chevrolet SS Nightfall Gray 6mt & LS3
- 1957 Chevrolet Sports Sedan
- 1992,1994 Infiniti G20 2.0L, 5mt
- 2000 Infiniti G20 2.0L, auto

Previous Mazdas: 89 & 2 x 92 626s (GD)

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 01:45 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
What a question! Only Mazda! joking, of course
As for me I'm fond of music, playing drums. Also love sports, try to spend at least 4 hours weekly in a gym. And for some time now i write litterature reviews and short poems. Today many people use professional help and buy college essay or other paper work. It gives perfect results but as for me, I want to master my skills in writing and do it by myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page