OVTuning vs DRTuned? - Page 4 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 06:18 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Groans: 5
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Thanks Tickerguy. Truth be told, I was thinking of just asking Mat to "Please give me same tune you gave tickerguy." :-) Knowing how thorough you are and how much you worked through every detail of your tune, I don't think I could do better on my own.

Improving driveability and performance at the low end (i.e., off the line, and through 1st to 3rd gears) is mainly what I'm interested in. With most of my driving happening in-city at under 50mph, outright top-end performance isn't that meaningful for me. Achieving improved gas mileage (to the extent it's possible) would just be icing on the cake.

Last edited by TitaniumVT; 12-20-2018 at 06:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks @tickerguy for the detailed explanation of your tune. It has been explained to me by a friend of mine that there is a slight increase in fuel economy.

I observed that most members here have the gasoline variant and what I have is the 2.2 diesel. In relation to this, there is this so called "diesel dilemma". Designers wanted a fuel efficient engine while delivering maximum power. Then, there's the mandate of the government to comply with emission standards.

Ideally, the higher the compression ratio means the higher is the thermal efficiency. This is what we all want. Then there's the emission standard so designers have to comply and thus reducing efficiency to reduce NOx and SOx byproducts.

As you have mentioned, OVT can tweak the settings such that the engine is much efficient and powerful compared to stock. Of course, removing the catalytic converter can be illegal in some places.

With that in mind, I decided to go with the "OVT stock". At the very least, I haven't done any "modifications" that can be detrimental to the environment. The emission itself is harmful but I know you know what I mean. So unless I will dedicate this car as a race car, I'll stick with "stock plus OVT".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page