How Long Have You Had Your 6 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

6Likes
  • 1 Post By bluedevil6
  • 2 Post By Iamadoorknob
  • 1 Post By calcaneous
  • 1 Post By Byakuya
  • 1 Post By jman1200

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
How Long Have You Had Your 6

Today is exactly 1 year since I purchased my first Mazda 6 (first Mazda ever) and I still love it as much if not more than the day I bought it so that got me thinking, how long have other people owned theirs? What have you done to it? Do you still love it as much as when you bought it? Since I couldnít find another thread like this I thought Iíd start one.
P.S. pics make everything better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
marklinguy likes this.

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
Still Want lowering springs, sway bars, subframe brace, strut tower brace
Places to find me-
->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<- ->
<-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Garage
How Long Have You Had Your 6

I bought my 07 6 exactly one year ago in Akron Ohio with 149k miles on it and have done quite a few mods.
Deleted the tb coolant lines,
Gutted the exhaust and installed a magnaflow muffler

Deleted the egr tube

Installed a crunch 1000watt amp with an OE Bose sub and 4 6.5Ē 3 way boss audio door speakers

Painted the OE wheels gloss black, evil m emblems, electroluminescent gauges, triple gauge dash pod trans cooler CAI painted engine cover and probably other little things Iím forgetting
How Long Have You Had Your 6-img_0662.jpg
How Long Have You Had Your 6-img_0622.jpg
How Long Have You Had Your 6-img_0620.jpg
How Long Have You Had Your 6-img_0615.jpg
How Long Have You Had Your 6-img_0614.jpg

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
Still Want lowering springs, sway bars, subframe brace, strut tower brace
Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<-

Last edited by bluedevil6; 11-02-2018 at 11:46 PM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 11:43 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In 2014 I bought my first Mazda 6. It was a Touring with the Technology package. Loved that car. Circumstances changed and traded it in for an SUV a year later. Huge mistake. Couldn't wait for the day my lease ended. Second it ended, I went out and bought, not leased, my new 2018 6 in deep crystal blue in the touring model. No it's not the Turbo, but around the Tacoma/Seattle traffic that I drive in a turbo is utter waste of money, And the touring has a lot of the same standard equipment as the Grand Touring. Will be posting pics soon and keep you all Mazda 6 fans updated.
Cheers.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 10:09 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
I've had mine for a little over 2 months. I'm proud to say that I haven't done anything to it, as far as modifications go. With my previous two cars, I made around a dozen mods on each of them. But I feel that the 6 is perfect as-is, or at least close enough to perfect that I honestly can't think of any mod to make that would improve it.

It's already the best looking car on the road, it's comfortable, it's got a great stereo, nice and quiet, and plenty of power. What more could I need?
marklinguy and KOG2006 like this.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 10:27 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Bought my 2006 Mazda 6i in early 2007. Trade it in February 2015 for a new 6.

So...almost 12 years now Iíve had a 6.

marklinguy likes this.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 06:22 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Almost 2 years.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 10:46 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 764 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2765 Post(s)
Thanked 4,010 Times in 2,817 Posts
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Garage
Bought my first 6 in early 2011, joined the forum later in the year, then bought the new one in Feb of 2013 so it will be over 8 years in Mazdas and 6 in my 3rd gen in a couple months
bluedevil6 likes this.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 03:14 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Garage
Considering that the Mazda 626 was the 6's predecessor, I've owned a 6 most of my adult life.
My very first car was a 1989 626LX (2.0 8 valve) which I bought in 1997 and sold it in 2005 to drive my wife's 323, big mistake..

To fix that, I bought another 626LX (2.0 12 valve) in 2007 (a 1992) which I owned for only a few months before moving to Canada. Here is a pic after going through a mud pit at the beach.

In 2008 I bought a 2004 6 I4, basic with the 4 speed automatic transmission. Didn't get the V6 thinking it would use much more fuel, later discovered that I should've gone for the V6. Sold it on 2015.

Wanted my kids to learn how to drive standard so in 2016 bought a 2006 V6 GT Hatchback with every option available. Absolutely loved it, after discovering how fun the V6 was, I regretted owning an I4 for so many years.
Drove it for a while, until my oldest kid learned and got a good grip on driving stick. About 9 months ago I bought an SHO and parked the 6. I plan to put it back on the road in 2020 when my other kid gets his learner's license.

Not sure what I'm going to do with it after he learns how to drive, not worth selling it, awesome car for so little market value, time will tell.
bluedevil6 likes this.

2016-Current: 2006 Mazda 6 GT - V6 - Hatchback w/NAV

2008-2015: 2004 Mazda 6 GS - I4

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 07:02 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I have had my 2004 GG for just over 12 months and love it. Before that I had a Landcruiser GXL for a long time. This is so much easier to park and get around and I have working aircon now.
I don't think I can post a pic as I have not posted enough to do much and am trying to find out how to post, which at my age is hard to navigate.
Since having this car I haven't had to do too much, just cosmetic stuff like parcel shelf that was missing and I put weather shields on. I have purchased door lights with Mazda symbol in them from ebay which look pretty good. I thought I did not have a light in the glovebox until I was nearly upside down in the passenger side and then wondered where the switch was until I googled it and found out to just turn the car light switch on and yes it came on.
I purchased a new facia, headunit and all the cables so they would talk to each other (I read about this on another thread) and am still waiting for hubby to install it, its been 12 months so might just go to auto sparky to get it done
How have other people got there post numbers up so they can see everything, thanks in advance
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 03:56 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I bought my 2016 6 new in late February, 2016. I rolled 100K miles last week.

I still love the car. Still fun to drive, and I've had very few maintenance requirements. Not that I expect many in the first 2.5 years, despite the mileage. I had a warped rotor and had to replace front brakes, but that was nearly due anyways. Otherwise, it's just been an issue with the occupant sensor in the passenger seat, resulting in intermittent airbag or seatbelt alerts. This was addressed once under a recall, but the problem came back after about 12 months. Going back in tomorrow, hopefully they get it this time.

This is my third Mazda. I had 2010 3 sedan that I bought used back in 2014. That was a fine car, but definitely not as refined as the current generation. You could really feel the Ford influence.

When I was in college, I had a '97 Millenia that I loved. It was past its prime, but was still smooth, fast, reasonably tight, and had all the bells and whistles. Have had a soft spot for Mazdas ever since.

2016 Mazda 6 Touring (MT)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page