What else can I do to my Mazda 6? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 43 Times in 36 Posts
What else can I do to my Mazda 6?

So far, the only real mods I've done is upgrading the headlights and foglights. Obviously I put an HID kit and led interior.

I would love to drop the car, put a mvtuning bodykit, get flush wheels or at the very least powder coat the stock ones, but then I think about how many thousands of dollars it will cost me to do this properly and I feel like is not worth.

I have the cash money to do these mods , but that's money I could use for something more useful in the future. I like to save money and live frugally. I have a voice telling me that I should control my impulses and not spend thousands on something that won't really matter.

Sure it would make the car nicer and more unique, but at what cost? That's money I could put towards buying a new car 5 years from now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Get Inline likes this.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Groans: 6
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Garage
If you have to ask - you can't afford it.

Save up for a down payment on a House.
Get Inline likes this.

2018 Signature - White Pearl - Chestnut
Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 02:40 PM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 760 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2752 Post(s)
Thanked 4,008 Times in 2,815 Posts
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Garage

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 02:54 PM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Thanked 1,137 Times in 827 Posts
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts
Garage
It's a matter of balancing how much $$$ you wish to put into it, versus how much $$$ you wish to save for something next.

With my '10, I did some less-expensive mods just to satisfy myself and make it "mine", and I was happy with it. But as time went on (especially the past year or so), that $$$ that could've went to mods ended up going to repairs (ones that were both my fault and not), and despite the fact I could've gotten another year or two out of it, I traded up, figuring my $$$ could be better spent.

So yeah, it sucks having a car payment again, but I don't regret trading up, and I'm already building a list of new mods to do...

2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Save up for your infiniti.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mitchapalooza85 likes this.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 04:05 PM
Track Racer

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
I've been in your position before, regarding "do I spend more money on this thing or nah," and here's where I'm at. I won't be moving out from home (inb4 "you don't pay rent stfu"), so I can't justify buying a second car, a second motorcycle, building a sim racing rig, buying furniture, etc. Most of my disposable income (roughly 33% of my remaining income) goes to the car or motorcycle. I save enough to be happy, and that leaves hobbies.

So, I modify my car. I've learned a lot through this process, and I enjoy improving my car, because, after experiencing supercars and exotics and drift ride-alongs and motorcycles etc etc, the only thing that really matters to me anymore is the appearance of my 6. I want a stellar, unique looking car, because there's always a machine that handles better, drives faster, brakes harder, or rides softer, etc. But no 6 in the world looks like or will ever look like mine. When I get a second car, same story - if I want to go balls to the wall fast, I'll buy a sport bike as a second bike to my Fury. If I want to handle well, I'll find an affordable platform that handles well and is fun to drive; you can't quantify fun, so it doesn't need to corner at 100 mph for me to be happy with it.

It's about what you want out of a car and hobby, after already budgeting away for savings and responsibilities. It's okay to not spend money on the car; you don't have to do much more to it, if you don't want to.

And if you're concerned about buying a new car in five years, you're not keeping your car long enough, and therefore aren't making the best financial decision regarding said car. So if your wallet is burning a hole in your pocket, you might as well dump some cash into the car you have now, rather than the car you might have later. I'll drive my 6 into the ground; only thing that'll motivate me to junk it is a repair grossly higher than the value of the car, or the car being totaled out. Lawd jesus I hope it goes that way, because it's the only way I'm making any money back on it. But I spend money on this thing for fun, not practicality.
rdk500 likes this.

-
-

-
-

Jacksonville, FL
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Groans: 5
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Sell it and buy an Infinit*i*. Then cancel your account here and go join the Infiniti boards.

Last edited by TitaniumVT; 05-29-2018 at 06:07 PM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Send a message via Yahoo to toy4x
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumVT View Post
Sell it and buy and Infinit*i*. Then cancel your account here and go join the Infiniti boards.
We dont want him on the Infiniti boards either... go buy a camry!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
rdk500, Get Inline and Dougspeed like this.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Garage
save your money, you won't get it back out of the car when you sell. Mazda resale ain't the best anyway and mods don't help.

I'd recommend selling sooner than later and get a newer Camry. Be one of the first to mod one up...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page