LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mofos on the road

So yesterday, on my way to work, I'm on the right lane trailing the moving traffic ahead of me at about 45 mph on a 50 mph zone, so all good. I was lining up to take the third ramp onto the highway (there are two other ramps before the one I need to take). Anyway, on the center lane approaches a 2006 Mazdaspeed6, Black Cherry Mica, lowered, tinted, nice wheels, real cool looking, and he turns his right blinker on trying to merge onto the right lane, waiting for someone to let him in. Again, traffic was flowing relatively good on all lanes; it was not one of those bumper-to-bumper stop-and-go situations in which people rather drive on the center lane (instead of falling in line behind everyone else) until they can unexpectedly cut someone off with no blinker and near where they can no longer merge (I hate when people do that crap). He never attempted to cut me or anyone else off, he just turned his blinker and eagerly awaited in his lane, while moving at a steady pace, not speeding up, for someone to let him in (there was still a good mile before the first ramp). So being a fellow Mazda owner (although I would have let him in no matter what car he was driving, since he wasn't being aggressive about it, he just needed in), I slowed down safely (let off the gas, not braking) and flashed my brights to signal him to merge in front of me when there was plenty of space. All of a sudden, the mofo in the big ass black SUV behind me (who was relatively far back, it was not a situation in which I made him brake all of a sudden for being too close to me) gets pissed off because I let the Speed6 in and he starts gesturing at me and pulling his effin truck real close to my car's rear-end, kinda like trying to bully me out of the way for being courteous to a fellow driver. I was like "oh no you didn't, bitch" and I gestured back like 'WTF is your problem a-ho' so he let's go off his wheel and double-flips me almost wanting to come out through his windshield. Fucking guy got all red, his veins were ready to pop (actually, I wish they had). I noticed he went to exit on the first ramp so he gets on my right as he is about to exit and I slowed down, rolled down my passenger window, he rolls his down and I was able to call him every name in the book. Couldn't understand what he was saying but he was foaming at the mouth. I said to him "blah, blah, blah, what the eff a-ho, how much time did you lose by me letting that car in, what, a half a second tops?! Effin a-ho! You wanna stop and chit-chat about it? Let's pounce!" He just took off. The guy definitely suffered from the "mine is bigger than yours" syndrome, but the fat-ass only had his big SUV to do the talking for him.

To my surprise, the Speed6 either didn't notice the whole thing or just decided to split anyway. I'm sure the "fat-ass foamer Deliverance bully boy" caught up with the Speed6 at the light at the end of their ramp (ramp ends into an suburban intersection) and wonder if he tried bullying him too. What the eff is wrong with people these days? Geez, got me really agitated, the mofo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 11:42 PM

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to pballer225
People are rude, inconsiderate, and do not realize they are driving a several thousand pound machine that can kill someone. I used to get angry back at them, but have since decided to try to mellow out and let them be. It's not worth getting all stressed out. *Turns on smooth jazz playlist*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pballer225 For This Useful Post:
Caliche (05-01-2014), Mz6GreyGhost (05-07-2014), Sideways the Seven (05-07-2014), voldsom (05-07-2014)
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pballer225 View Post
People are rude, inconsiderate, and do not realize they are driving a several thousand pound machine that can kill someone. I used to get angry back at them, but have since decided to try to mellow out and let them be. It's not worth getting all stressed out. *Turns on smooth jazz playlist*
Yes agreed, I mellowed out a lot too from before, trying not to get hooked by an imbecile like this guy, but the fact that he was getting so close really got me going. There are just too many whackos out there. About two months ago on a nice Sunday afternoon, I'm out with my wife going to a store. We were the first car at a red light on a diagonal road, on the right lane. The red light has a legal right turn onto a busy street, and I had a large van on my left, so I positively could not see if someone was coming on the road I need to turn right into, so I decided to not make the legal right turn on red, for safety (it is one's right to not make a legal right turn if one doesn't want to, whether you can see oncoming traffic or not - I also sometimes don't trust red light cameras... a whole other topic…). Anyway, the guy behind me, who also had a woman in his car with him, starts freaking honking and gesturing at me to go and crap, he did not care that I had no view. So I effin acknowledged him too, as in what is your problem, so he keeps honking and gesturing, so I put the GT in Park and exited the car but stayed by my opened door (my wife was like "what are you doing?!") and went to him "what is your problem a-ho?!" I was wearing my cowboy boots so I was ready to give him the proctal exam with the tip of the boot but decided against it and told the lady to change his pants upon getting to their destination. The guy stopped his antics and would not look me in the eye, he just kept looking straight with both hands on the wheel. I know he could hear me. After we took off I was purposely driving slow but he wouldn't pass me. Again, these mofos are real loud behind the horn until someone takes 'em up on it, then they shut up. But you're right, not worth it for many reasons. Back to jazz, or in my case, a little Iron Maiden instead.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Garage
I have a name for people who blast by in a merger lane (when they know it ends soon) just to get a head of a few cars.... the douche lane. No one realizes that blasting up a lane, slamming on your brakes, and forcing your way in with no signal actually WORSENS traffic, because it creates an immediate braking affect. The British have done tons of studies [citation needed] on this where just tapping your brakes (to activate the brake lights) can create a ripple affect miles behind you, creating stop go traffic for NO REASON. Ever wondered why you're stuck in traffic, and suddenly it clears up? Yeah, there was nothing there in the first place to cause the slow down other than the speed differential of some a**holes who had to slam on their brakes, causing others to tap theirs --> ripple effect...

I probably wouldn't have engaged in yelling in the guy (nothing to be gained, one of the constants in life is stupid people stay stupid), but I will agree it is the biggest annoyance in the world when I turn on my signal with plenty of time to merge, and the a**hole who COULD have given me space (as you did for the MS6) SPEEDS UP to take the gap... It's like WTH would someone gain?!? 1 car length?!? and now I have to slam on my brakes or speed up, thus causing further chances of the aforementioned brake light problem....

If someone turns on their turn signal and they are legitimately in front of me, going the same speed, I always let off to let them in as you did @Caliche. It just makes everyone's day easier.

Good to hear the idiot in the Escalade (an abomination of a vehicle) didn't cause you any further problems though.

2004 Mazda 6s (MTX) Sport Wagon - Glacier Silver (26A)
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 650R (EX650A) - Kawi Green (777)
The Following User Says Thank You to voldsom For This Useful Post:
Caliche (05-07-2014)
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 784 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2895 Post(s)
Thanked 4,065 Times in 2,855 Posts
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
That sucks man, but at least nothing developed from the whole ordeal.

Being from the place with the well-known angriest drivers on the planet:

Just going to leave this here.....

Massholes don't get their nickname for no reason.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Byakuya For This Useful Post:
Alex_MS6 (05-08-2014), Caliche (05-07-2014), Sideways the Seven (05-07-2014)
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 12:54 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 407 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
While it is most certainly infuriating (I am usually pretty bad in these situations myself), you can't let people get to you like that. If he hits your car, you have insurance. Let that be that and move on. Who cares if he's mad?

-Brandon
2003 Infiniti M45
1981 Chevrolet Silverado RCLB (heh, try me)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sideways the Seven For This Useful Post:
Caliche (05-07-2014), voldsom (05-08-2014)
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

I hear you guys, and thanks for your comments. You are right, one should not allow an a-ho to hook you in, I just have no patience for bullies of any kind but I do have to see the bigger picture of the "what ifs" (he pulls a guns, he kicks my arse, he hits my car, etc. etc.). Like I said, I had gotten a lot more relaxed in letting a-hos be a-hos but this guy really got to me, his menacing moves with his SUV towards me made me wanna pounce his face. Good comments!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

By the way guys, I'm traveling for work in the Island of Enchantment, Puerto Rico, and so today I had to go up the mountains to visit one of my employer's sites. The climb is steep and extremely curvy, awesome for a manual tranny but, what was I driving? a pesky rental Toyota Corolla with AT. It sucked, I mean, it is new and all, and the thing got me up there and down safely, but it was underpowered and I had to keep making it shift for power. Also, the road is real narrow, a two-lane road but trucks can take about 75% of the road. All of a sudden you get oncoming cars and trucks in curves and it was a blast but definitely a steering-wheel gripping trip, let alone the panoramic view combined with the green rain forest, horses, roosters, hens, dogs, the works. Real nice. Oh how I missed my MT, that would have been a blast. I did have a mofo behind me flashing his lights to make me pass a dump truck when coming back down in full rainfall but I was not about to get killed by oncoming traffic. He had to just fall in line. Beautiful drive it was, about 1-hour from the valley to where I was going.

Oh yeah, and talk about road noise inside our Mazdas? Not at all. This Toyota Corolla was horrendously loud inside the cabin from the tires getting eaten up by the pavement.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 10:04 PM

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to pballer225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliche View Post

Oh yeah, and talk about road noise inside our Mazdas? Not at all. This Toyota Corolla was horrendously loud inside the cabin from the tires getting eaten up by the pavement.
Oh man, the last corolla I was in made me realize how quiet the road noise actually is in my car. It was even a newer corolla, a 2010 I believe... it was pretty annoying really.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pballer225 View Post
Oh man, the last corolla I was in made me realize how quiet the road noise actually is in my car. It was even a newer corolla, a 2010 I believe... it was pretty annoying really.
Hell yeah, this Corolla is a 2014 with only 15,000 miles on it and very noisy, plus no bluetooth capability, just the basics. It sucks. Our M6s are stealth and way technologically advanced by comparison, if I should even be comparing. The only good thing is that it is so small that it actually was an advantage in those curves up in the mountain, when I had several oncoming cars pop out of the curve driving in the middle of the narrow two-lane road. I was able to keep going avoiding them by pulling to my right as far as possible (no shoulder, just the road and rainforest/cliff to each side) every time and still manage to stay on the road. Wow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page