I'm going to change all interior lights to blue on my Mazda 6 2004, speedo needles remain red and LCD's coming to blue/white. I will post pics here , so keep on watching.
First project is to change streeringwheel lights to blue:
1. Buy extra parts so you don't destroy your original. Or just remove parts from steering wheel
2. Open back covers and remove PCB's
3. Buy Blue SMD leds, example 1206 (it is same size) , I bought these
100pcs 1206 Blue LED lamp beads super bright SMD LED | eBay
4. Check original leds polarity and write those to paper.. You can check it with multimeters diode measure section. Then desolder all leds, remove all tin from
soldering points. Then solder new tin only to another side of led soldering point on PCB. Put new led on its place, press gently and solder that another side where tin was. Now led is attached and you can solder another side.
5. Solder all leds and test it. (Orange in connector is +12V and black is earth)
6. Cut plastics what comes over to leds so you can add little bit brightness to buttons without changing resistors.
7. Put all pieces back together and you're done
Projects coming: AC buttons lights, middle console lights, middle LCD backlight, Speedometer lights, powerwindow switch light and another buttons
See ya soon...