LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
switching to new seats

Hey everyone, I'm wanting to change my seats from beige to black and was thinking about going to a junk yard and see if i could find a nice set. How much would this set me back for do y'all think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 10:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
are you lookin for cloth or leather? and are you talking about just changing the fabric material or the the seat units? you can find oem leather material used on ebay for 40 to 50 dollars a seat, buying just the material will save you some money but more work is involved because you will have to remove the old material and put the new on
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I would like cloth really. I've had leather seats before on another car and i hated it. I would like to just get the entire seat units at a whole sale price. but if its cheap on Ebay just for the material to switch out what would i search up on there? That way i can weed out all of the "seat covers and racing seat BS".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 10:55 PM

what year do you have, 03-05 cloth is horrible
i searched "mazda 6 leather oem" and found quite a few
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 10:58 PM

i have an 05 cloth and hate it, ive thought about going leather but i think i should start focusing more on payingg off the car, haha
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
I went through this process here is some info:

If you buy full seats~
First you want to stay with in the same year span ie 03-05 to 06+. The reason is the airbag system communicates with the car differently between the years. Also If you go back to 03 the passenger seat has some changes. The location of the seat belt bolt is different. Some have it bolted to the seat where some are bolted to the car.

What I would recommend is if you buy the full seats you want to then switch out your brackets to the new seats. That way you will not have to deal with reprogramming your car for airbags. I had to purchase a new bracket for my passenger seat and it runs about 700 for just the bracket since it has all the airbag weight sensors.

As for cost the seats uually are cheap. You should be able to find a good seat for 100-200 a piece. So for the entire car you are looking at 400-500 depending on condition and where you are at. I got my entire set for 360, but i have a hatch so the seats in the back were harder to find.

I have a set of 06 black leather seats I am selling. If you live near nor cal I will sell cheap. Let me know if you have any other questions I have had 3 different sets in my car working with airbags and dealing with it and then having the dealer set all airbags.

Looking back I should just have bought a leather kit or other material and reupholster my orignal seats but whats the fun in that and I wouldnt have this info to give.

If you can find cheap seats and just switch your brackets that would probably be your best bang for the buck.

RIP---`05 6i Hatchback ~ Glacier Silver ~ Blacked Out Emblems ~ Tinted interior lights with LEDs~ Black Suede headliner~ Black Leather seats ~ BSD ~ AEM CAI ~ Opt TB ~ HID's ~ Advanced Timing Mod ~ 88 Duro AWR mounts ~ CAR-Led Tails~ MagnaPack Exhaust ~ Speed6 Doors ~ Herculinered Diamond-Plate Floor mats ~ BR lip ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
----RIP
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Groans: 6
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
You should just do the RX-8 seat conversion!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cobb AP - CP-E Nano SRI - CP-E Single exit CBE - CP-E RMM - PG TIP - SLS TP - Forge V1 BPV - HKS Hipermax LS+ Coilovers - Car_LED Tails - Prosport Gauges - Dashhawk - JBR SSP/Counterweight/Bushings/Heavy Shift Knob

- SOLD
Instagram: JKalai
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 11:36 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
I would say try and look for some local shops that do leather, they might have (for some reason) saved some cloth seat covers they removed when doing a set of leathers for a 6. I doubt it, but it might be worth a shot. Also, craigslist might be your friend. Good luck.
Nate
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 09:49 PM
Learners License

Do you still have the seats? I have a 2004 Mazda 6 with manual seats and want to switch out to power leather.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page