Mazda 6 Forums banner

Zeffer's Product Review: iJDMTOY LED DRL Fog Light Housings

9K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  jcme0557 
#1 ·
iJDMTOY LED DRL Fog Light Housings

What is it?
iJDMTOY is a California-based company specializing in lighting accessories. This product is the plastic fog light housing with attached DRLs. It comes with a wiring harness and magic silver box.

What's nice?
Overall, fit and finish aren't too shabby. The color is a half white, half blueish white color. I would pin it around 5500k if I had to guess. The plastic housings fit perfectly where the old OEM housings go, and the OEM foglights fit snug in the iJDMTOY housings. The DRLs are bright and visible, and add a very nice look to the car compared to the dingy stock yellow low power high beam DRLs. The DRLs also come with a dimmer wire, such that they're not always obscenely bright, such as at night. If one doesn't like this specific style, I believe they offer two or three other styles on their sight. Some come with and without fogs.

What's not nice?
Packaging was so so. Mine arrived damaged. There are small, inner cracks in the glass of the LEDs. One has to be really close to notice them, but they're there. This is a common occurrence based on my research. The color on mine isn't 100% even. It's whiter towards the bottom, and blue-white towards the top. Not really a big deal.

Ease of install:
These weren't too bad to install. Car in the air, pop off the mud guard plastics, replace housing, etc etc. Nothing over the top. Wiring is easy. I mounted the magic silver box on the frame, in front of the intake, and ran the wires down and around out of the way. There are connectors that meet with the DRLs themselves. There is plenty of wire to work with. From there, it's a matter of add-a-fuse onto a specific fuse (I think IGN 1 or something, don't quote me on it) for constant, always-on power when the car is running.

Overall, I like these. They're a flavorful mod that'll make your 6 stand out in a crowd, in traffic, and especially at night. I would recommend these to a friend.

The lights are on in the first picture:

See less See more
#2 ·
Thank for the review! I'm glad you've had good luck with these. They are a decent product and a neat idea.

I had trouble, unfortunately, getting mine to fit properly. The LED tube protruded beyond the edge of the bezel and prevented the upper two clips from latching into my bumper. There were gaps between the bumper and the fog/DRL bezel. These were not too noticeable...until you turned on the LED's - then the gaps were back-lit from inside and really unattractive. I ended up sealing both bezels to the bumper cover with a thin bead of black RTV. That worked ok.

I have subsequently removed these from my car, purely for personal esthetic reasons. I didn't like the color contrast between the blue/white LED and my incandescent head/fog lights. It was not a problem with the product...it was just me.

#3 ·
You're welcome for the review!

I didn't like the color contrast between the blue/white LED and my incandescent head/fog lights. It was not a problem with the product...it was just me.
As far as contrast, I agree. Mine are a white-blue. I want to suggest a 5500k-6000k color. My 5000k LED switchback turn signals are too white by comparison. Going to try the 6000k switchbacks to see if they match better. But my headlights are 4000k, LEDs 5000k, and DRLs pry 6000k+!!! At least you know who it is coming down the road. :wink2:

#6 ·
So question for you; If I were to buy these (sport model owner) would I be able to buy the fog lights separate? I don't have to buy fog lights already in a bezel? I realize I still need to buy the stalk for the steering column.

#11 ·
Sure it's the lights that are the problem? :laugh2::lol:

Reactions: Bluewolf and Zeffer
#13 ·
You could always get some nice, 6000k switchback LED turn signals. That'll tie things together nicely, and let the headlights be their own independent color. Mine are all different colors right now because I don't want to have to jack my car up to do my turn signals.

#14 ·
I just ordered these because I love the look of them. I have a morimoto HID kit but I have yet to buy the bulbs for it. After reading a few of your comments you are saying that these are like 5500K-6000K? I kind of want to match them. Or should I try to match them by changing my stock DRL's on the head lights? Hmm.......decisions decisions

#15 ·
Fun update: one of my LED strips burned out after ~a year or so of regular use. That was maybe 18,000 miles or so? I can't recall off the top of my head, but the strip had been dead for a while. Called up iJDMTOY and explained the story, and the best they could offer was 15% off another set. Warranty is only 90 days, apparently, and they don't sell any of the components individually. I'd happily buy just the LED strip and replace that, but, that wasn't an option. Be aware when you buy these or any of the chinese knockoffs that you may not get the product support you need.

#16 ·
I haven’t installed my eBay ones yet. They were 50 bucks shipped. I tested them and they light up super bright. Just have to see how long they go for. I’m not expecting much from them.

I might have them just turn on with the parking lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.