Mazda 6 Forums banner

Mazda Supercharged

18K views 48 replies 33 participants last post by  Midnight 
#1 ·
when i went in and first started looking at my 6 i instantlly loved the car my only issuse was hp like 160 hp in the i4 and 220 in v6. i guess most of you will think this is ironic duse to the fact that i have the I4 witch i still belive i could easly keep up to a v6 but any ways geting to my subject. I addressed this issue with the sales men at the dealership and he said that there was going to be comming out 2005 , 2006 a supercharged I4 he didnt know the real specs on the hp and tor but im pretty sure it would be close to 300hp. I'll just wait untill it coems out then go take it for a test drive and find out if i like it more.

#4 ·
Reading Topic: Mazda Supercharged

if anything hes refering to the MPS, although its currently said to have 206kw or around 276hp ( i think it converts to)

the mps is definatly gunna be an i4, and definatly gunna be supercharged, mazda australia has expressed only negative comments about turbocharging its cars which i think would reflect the companies international ideas.

#5 ·
Reading Topic: Mazda Supercharged

The MPS will be Turboed I believe......it would need to be to spit out the insane amount of boost required to make the figures quoted above.

If anyone has the specs on how much boost the MPS uses I would be keen to know.

#6 ·
Replying to Topic 'Mazda Supercharged'

Originally posted by stevesteve

if anything hes refering to the MPS, although its currently said to have 206kw or around 276hp ( i think it converts to)

the mps is definatly gunna be an i4, and definatly gunna be supercharged, mazda australia has expressed only negative comments about turbocharging its cars which i think would reflect the companies international ideas.[/b]
Every single press release by Mazda about the MPS says its turbocharged. So it wouldn't appear that Mazda Austrailia and Mazda Japan are on the same page.

Whichever way it comes out (I would bet money on turbo), there is only going to be one version. They won't change that for different markets because finanically it wouldn't make sense to produce two different versions of the MPS.

#14 ·

Originally posted by crossbow

I heard its going to be based on the new "Trike" platform, with 3 wheels, and a rotary engine.

Its also going to run on liquid butter.[/b]
Noway. I stick to my 6 wheels theory and am going to add that it will be amphibious.

#21 ·

WTF is this thread about?
:laugh :laugh

#26 ·
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Mazda Supercharged'

Yeah but is also supposed to be JDM only.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.