Any updated buzz on Gen 4 Mazda 6? - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickerguy View Post
My problem with the "3" is that at the time I bought my "6" they wanted MORE MONEY for the "3" in an equivalent trim AND it had the "burnt toast" audio/display system, so I could not upgrade or change it.

The 3 hatch (IMHO a decent compromise between a sedan and a CUV) was even MORE money (and not a couple hundred bucks either.)

The CX-5 was obnoxiously de-contented in the only offer with a stick (*rubber* steering wheel, only the 2.0L engine, etc) *and* more money than the "6".

Pay more, get materially less. Pass.

Now they're "doing it" even worse in that the MTX option has been deleted from the sport models. I didn't buy a stick to save money, I bought it because I prefer it and get at the same time improved driveline reliability and, over the long term, MUCH lower operating cost since the gearbox ITSELF has a near-zero risk of catastrophic failure even over ridiculous (e.g. 500k) mileage. Which clutches do (eventually) wear out they're a heck of a lot cheaper than transmissions. Since I tend to put 30+k miles per YEAR on my vehicles all of this matters, and quickly.

I really like my "6" but I'm not a brand fanboi. When the time comes to replace my 6 Sport if Mazda tries to back me into a corner on the value proposition I'll buy something else. Manufacturers that take that sort of approach to "customer relations" deserve a big fat middle finger in response, and from me they'll get one too.

I figured out one of the main reasons why the manual transmission is do how we buy cars. Since, by law, we have to go through a dealer to buy a new car we are almost at there mercy.

So most dealers have an inventory manager who orders cars for them to stock. They will focus on trims and options that are easier to sell. Way more people know how to drive a automatic compared to a stick-shift, and if you know how to drive stick then you can easier drive an Automatic. Since the dealers do not order these cars, they become hard to find. And buy a new car is pretty exciting, and being able to talk the car home that day makes it even better.

If you want to get a car that is not in stock at that dealer or any near by, then the dealer has to order the car for you which will take months.

The trim level/option thing a big factor as well. If you look at the Toyota Tacoma, you can only get a manual on the base level, and one of the higher levels. The new 3 in fact will only offer a stick on the high level hatchback, for now at least.

Car companies also don't real tell anyone that you can get a stick. If you looked at the media items for the newer 6, there are no pics of a manual car or much marketing talk that you can get one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Garage
Just been confirmed, U.S. consumers will have option of Diesel and AWD on the 2020 Mazda6 later this year, no design changes aka not a Gen4.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 10:46 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadStyle View Post
Just been confirmed, U.S. consumers will have option of Diesel and AWD on the 2020 Mazda6 later this year, no design changes aka not a Gen4.
Source on this? Would love for this to be true. Not sure where the "2020" model nomenclature comes from though, considering rest of the lineup is 2019 still...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Garage
My dealer said Next Mazda 6 is coming (be patient)...maybe a rear-wheeled version (believe it when I see it). We were talking shop, so I would take this with a grain of salt (and not the entire shaker): Skyactiv-X Turbo (that would be nice), safety feature on all models (I personally read that somewhere), and of course, the next evolution of the Kodo Design Language (ala Mazda3). The fact the AWD is coming is pleasing to me...and after sitting in the 2019, I can't imagine the 202X won't be more than the side profile update to the features already in play...but can't wait to see it anyway

Some Light Reading to coincide with these claims:
https://carvillenews.com/2020-mazda-6-release-date/

https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...a3-mazda6.html

Favorite QUOTE: " A next-generation Mazda6 is in development as well and was previewed with the gorgeous Vision Coupe concept in Tokyo, though the all-new 6 sedan will likely arrive at a later date than the 3."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by OCTOGONPC; 04-17-2019 at 11:57 PM. Reason: addition
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 12:09 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren21 View Post
Source on this? Would love for this to be true. Not sure where the "2020" model nomenclature comes from though, considering rest of the lineup is 2019 still...
Eh? Every year near the end of the year the new year models start arriving. 2020 models will start hitting dealerships later near the end of the year.

https://www.mazdausa.com/mazda6-signature-skyactivd

post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 12:14 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTOGONPC View Post
My dealer said Next Mazda 6 is coming (be patient)...maybe a rear-wheeled version (believe it when I see it). We were talking shop, so I would take this with a grain of salt (and not the entire shaker): Skyactiv-X Turbo (that would be nice), safety feature on all models (I personally read that somewhere), and of course, the next evolution of the Kodo Design Language (ala Mazda3). The fact the AWD is coming is pleasing to me...and after sitting in the 2019, I can't imagine the 202X won't be more than the side profile update to the features already in play...but can't wait to see it anyway

Some Light Reading to coincide with these claims:
https://carvillenews.com/2020-mazda-6-release-date/

https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...a3-mazda6.html

Favorite QUOTE: " A next-generation Mazda6 is in development as well and was previewed with the gorgeous Vision Coupe concept in Tokyo, though the all-new 6 sedan will likely arrive at a later date than the 3."

Yea, The rumblings of a coupe Mazda6 keeps getting louder and louder every year. I do hope it's true. I will buy one in a heartbeat.

The Following User Says Thank You to MadStyle For This Useful Post:
OCTOGONPC (04-18-2019)
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 08:51 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Vipre77 Send a message via Yahoo to Vipre77
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
I might be passing my 2015 6 down to my son so I'm starting to look at what's next. Mazda is still selling the 2018 model in 2019, which is... odd. Makes me wonder, will there be a 2019 6? Or will the next one be a Gen 4 2020? The only rumors/news I've found online, though, are from the clickbait websites with algorithmically generated fake articles about upcoming car models.

I know the newer 6 has quite a few upgrades from my 2015 -- turbo, nicer interior, quieter, non-horrible entertainment system -- but it's still basically the same car overall. I have to think a 6 with some real technology improvements (and hopefully an AWD option like they're releasing for the 2019 Mazda 3) isn't too far down the road. I'd hate to sink money into the same platform mid-year only to find a significantly improved model released a few months down the line.

I know car companies are super-secretive about future models to avoid hurting sales of the current crop, but it feels weird I haven't seen any spy shots, concepts, rumors, etc. about a a replacement for the Gen 3 6 yet...
The 2018's came out really late. They weren't showing up in dealer lots until around late March or early April last year. Normally, they would have been out about 7-8 months earlier than that, but Mazda ran a 2017.5 model year which ran long and pushed the 2018's out. Judging by dealer stock levels, I think it was a good move since car sales have been trailing off the last few years. I don't have any problems with slowing down the release cadence a bit. So we're just now at around about a year of sales on the 2018 models. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they run this model a few more months and just skip a 2019 model year and go straight to a 2020 model to get back on track with the normal release schedule.

His: 2018 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, Machine Grey
Hers: 2016 CX-5 Sport FWD, Reflex Blue
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Garage
Cool NextGen HOTNESS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadStyle View Post
Yea, The rumblings of a coupe Mazda6 keeps getting louder and louder every year. I do hope it's true. I will buy one in a heartbeat.
I'm right there with you! I may have to wait a year though...but it would be on the short list! My son will be old enough to drive by that time, so he may luck up and get my current car (time will tell).

post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 09:33 AM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 819 Post(s)
Thanked 1,157 Times in 844 Posts
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipre77 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised at all if they run this model a few more months and just skip a 2019 model year and go straight to a 2020 model to get back on track with the normal release schedule.
Too late. The 2019 models are being imported as I type this (basically a few tweaks here and there, but not much different from the '18s).

2019 could be a shortened model year, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see the '20s until CY 2020.

Edit: I just discovered the '19 Reserve gains auto-folding side mirrors, but loses the heated steering wheel. Being in a Northern state, I'm glad I got my '18!
Vipre77 likes this.

2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 12:00 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz6GreyGhost View Post
Too late. The 2019 models are being imported as I type this (basically a few tweaks here and there, but not much different from the '18s).

2019 could be a shortened model year, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see the '20s until CY 2020.

Edit: I just discovered the '19 Reserve gains auto-folding side mirrors, but loses the heated steering wheel. Being in a Northern state, I'm glad I got my '18!
Anything is possible. Toyota axed the 2018 MY Avalon less than half-way through 2018 in favor of the new 2019 Avalon. Nissan didn't even bother with a 2015 Maxima and went straight to current 2016+ model, so there is a single model-year gap with that car.

You don't have to be in a Northern State to appreciate a heated steering wheel. Thanks to my first Texas winter, I'd never buy another car without a heated steering wheel as long as I could afford it.

2018 Mazda 6

Grand Touring Reserve
Deep Crystal Blue Exterior
Black Interior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in