So we all get excited about speculation all across the internet in regards to what we can expect for the next model year. Yes we all would love to have the new 2.5T from the CX9 in coupe variation and AWD from the upcoming CX-4/6/7/Whatever they end up calling it, but as @donkey
Grundle stated in his previous post, those rumors are all played out and nothing has been confirmed from a reliable source. I'm starting this thread so we all have somewhere to post anything we find that is reliable for what's next. Instead of having 13 different threads going with conflicting info.
Here's my .02 on what we can hopefully anticipate for next model year's update.
To start let me say that Mazda is more than likely aiming to set their model years for both the CX5 & 6 back on schedule with other manufactures. They were both in showrooms early February 2015. Hence the minor updates to the CX5 for the 2016.5 that just hit show rooms with in the passed few weeks. (Seriously, the window stickers say 2016.5.) Not updates significant enough to label it as 2017, but just enough to need some way to recognize the real differences.
What's different for the 2017 compared to the 2016 in terms of information being released is that we saw leaks of the updates start to surface in late 2014 and then to see that model hit showrooms in mid February 2015. Search google for days and you'll find nothing on 17 6's right now. This is what has got me thinking that we can expect something pretty serious for 2017
. If it were minor updates for both we would probably know about it or have a 16.5 M6 out by now too.
What we could expect Mazda to do is debut the new updates for 2017 on both the CX5 & M6 (I pray we do get something with more power) at the end of this auto show season along side the public release of the CX4/6/7 which is at the beginning of April in New York. Continue to produce their current model year run on 16 M6's up until mid to late this year & then release the 2017 for showrooms in the end of Summer. Very similar to what was seen in the new Maxima last year.
That approach would put Mazda back where they should be for new model years especially on their 2nd & 3rd most popular vehicles.
But hey, no one really knows what will happen until it actually happens. So let us cross our fingers & hope for something worth talking about.
What do you guys think?
TL;DR: 2017 Mazda6 will hopefully be in showrooms by the end of summer with lots of cool new stuff.
Information confirmed 6/24/16
The 2017 Mazda 6 will be in showrooms late August to early September, setting their model years more appropriately in line the other manufactures. This information was sourced from dealer's Product Information Index
All Models Added
- New exterior mirrors - Turn lamp design change
All Models Added
- New Steering wheel design
- New Seat back pocket design
- Improve interior sound insulation with increased front door glass thickness and
increased sound insulation material
Sport MT model Added
- MAZDA CONNECT™ Infotainment System
- Rearview camera
- Smart City Brake Support (SCBS)
- Auto on/off headlights
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
Grand Touring Added
- Traffic sign recognition (New)
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC) with Close Proximity Warning
- Lane Keep Assist System (LKAS) (New)
- High Beam Control (HBC)
- Smart Brake Support System (SBS) with Collision Warning
- Full-colored Active Driving Display (ADD)
- Meter display quality improvement
- Unified driving position memory (Seat & ADD)
Premium package available for Grand Touring
- content change:
- Rear seat heater (New)
- Steering wheel heater (New)
- Nappa leather-trimmed sport seats (New)
- A/T shifter area LED accent lighting (New)
- Headliner - Black (New)
- Steering wheel with unique stitch (New)
- Bright finish power seat switches (New)
- Bright finish glove box knob (New)
- Door sash tape (Matte type finish) (New)
Premium package available for Touring - content change:
- Naming change from Technology package to Premium package
- Change SCBS, Auto on/off headlights and Rain-sensing windshield wipers
to standard on base Touring
COLOR & TRIM
Added Exterior Colors
Machine Gray Metallic
Deleted Exterior Colors
Meteor Gray Mica
For those wondering, the MTX Touring will only be available in the base level. Still no availability for Moon/Bose or Tech with MTX
We could potentially see a Gen 4 M6 for 2018 MY with Skyactiv II HGCCI technology