LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 01:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hatch tails on a wagon?

I just stumbled upon a 2007 hatch that’s being stripped down for parts and am wondering if the tails from that will fit my 2004 wagon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

@blackerphotos on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 12:10 PM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 766 Post(s)
Thanked 1,144 Times in 834 Posts
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts
Garage
Unfortunately, no.

The taillamp units for the wagon are different than what was used for the sedan and 5-door (or hatch).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Garage
@DrFeelGood traded a set with a fellow from aussie land as the wagons are more common there. It afforded him a dedicated amber turn signal and the more updated clear lens styling.

Alex
2004 6s Wagon MTX - grocery hauler
---}
{---

MODS: Tinted windows, RX8s with 225/45 R18s,
, and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 03:31 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by waughoo View Post
@DrFeelGood traded a set with a fellow from aussie land as the wagons are more common there. It afforded him a dedicated amber turn signal and the more updated clear lens styling.
Thanks for the mention @waughoo, yeah my issue was not being seen when I was indicating to change lanes frequently from behind but regularly from the side. My solution was to add a set of side fender-mount turn indicators from a Mazda 3 and dedicated amber rear turn signals. This has dramatically changed my on-road driving experience and I feel has made driving in general much safer.

2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX, Performance White (A2N)
Modifications:

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

That's quite unfortunate; I think these would have looked great on my black wagon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9402.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	225314   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9401.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	225316  

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Groans: 19
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFeelGood View Post
Thanks for the mention @waughoo, yeah my issue was not being seen when I was indicating to change lanes frequently from behind but regularly from the side. My solution was to add a set of side fender-mount turn indicators from a Mazda 3 and dedicated amber rear turn signals. This has dramatically changed my on-road driving experience and I feel has made driving in general much safer.

I find that when I change lanes I downshift and my car is so loud it makes people see me, lol.
bluedevil6 likes this.

2004 Mazda 6s 3.0 5dr. 5spd never ending money vacuum project:
CP-E headers w/catted mid + Magnaflow carback/AEM CAI/3.7L TB/Speed6 springs/RX-8 wheels
AWR 70D Enginemount/CP-E Dogbone/Custom urethane stock trans mount
Ralco shortshifter/Bose w/Auxmod/sharkfin antenna/lots of little things...
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 09:14 PM
Rally Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackerphotos View Post
That's quite unfortunate; I think these would have looked great on my black wagon.

Agreed. There is an option for you. I believe Mazda produced at least three options for the wagon overseas. They only offered one of them in the US market as a dealer option.
I think you'll like the black ones.

I believe the following may be the part numbers you seek:
G21C-51-3F0A

G21C-51-3G0A

G21C-51-3J0A

G21C-51-150B

https://partsouq.com/es/catalog/genu...1&q=GY3W100695
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	atenza estate tail chrome.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	225318   Click image for larger version

Name:	atenza estate tail black.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	225320   Click image for larger version

Name:	atenza estate tail silver.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	225322  

Modifications:

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

@DrFeelGood, are we entering the part of our program when I have to start spending crazy money on stuff after having gotten the vast majority of my mod parts for free or close to it??

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 04:24 PM
Rally Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackerphotos View Post
@DrFeelGood, are we entering the part of our program when I have to start spending crazy money on stuff after having gotten the vast majority of my mod parts for free or close to it??

Indeed it appears so. It is the slippery slope of justification where you state "I suppose I can pay x amount since I got most of the rest for nearly free". Oh you want those lights sooo bad....

If you do get a set be advised that the plug on the turn signal (I believe) is different. An easy re-pin but the stock USDM doesn't fit.

USDM vs JDM rear wagon turn indicator plug difference
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mazda 6 wagon corner tail lights JDM vs USDM plug difference.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	225342   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear turn signal connector USDM vs JDM.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	225484  

Modifications:

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

There are a couple of wagons for sale locally by private individuals, an ‘06 and an ‘07. They’re both selling the entire car for parts, but not parting them out.

I’ve reached out to both of them asking if they’d be willing (for a fee of course) to swap tail lights with me. Both cars have the black variant which is obviously my preference & with a little luck, maybe I’ll catch one of them in a good mood...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page