[How To] LED tail light Swap - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Thanked 1,215 Times in 860 Posts
Groans: 27
Groaned at 46 Times in 41 Posts
mine did!

2016 Mustang GT
1997 Jeep ZJ
SOLD:1996 Miata
SOLD: 1967 Chevy C10 Stepside
SOLD: 2006 BCM MS6 GT #00584
CP-E 3" Straight Pipe Exhaust. CP-E TMIC. HTP 3" TIP. Custom 3.5" MAF SRI. SU RMM. SU TP. Forge V1 BPV. Cobb AP. RichTuned. Denso ITV22. PTP HPFP Internals. STi S204 Lip. Megan Racing Springs. XXR 530 18x8.75 +33. VEI Boost Gauge with Block8head pod. Blox Shift Knob.

SOLD:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluBoi21 View Post
My '09 didnt.
That's odd... I just looked at my Monroney sticker and it shows LED Taillights as Standard Equipment.

This is a "2009 Mazda 6 s sedan Grand Touring"

Tom

post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Occording to my Mazda dealer, I called them one day to see if I had HID hookups and he looked up my VIN number and mine was one of the first in production and they didn't come standard, at first. LEDs are starting to be popular with all electronics only recently (the last 2 yrs.) so that's understandable.

2009 Mazda 6i Grand Touring
Kona Blue
Mods
NottoŽ 10000K Low Beams & Fogs
Optic Blue LED Dome Interior Lights & Door Courtesy Lights
Super White LED Reverse Lights
Super White LED Plate Lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
I assume you have all the other stuff for the interior like leather, auto climate control, moonroof, bsm, etc. Weird...just out of curiousity, do you have HIDs then?

2010 i Touring Plus Kona Blue
Suntek Tint | Tinted Markers | Aluminum Pedals
Strut Tower Bar | Eibach Pro-kit | Koni Yellows | RX-8 wheels
DDM 5000k HIDs | LEDs | OEM LED Tails | CorkSport SRI | HD Lip
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotstreak2002 View Post
I assume you have all the other stuff for the interior like leather, auto climate control, moonroof, bsm, etc. Weird...just out of curiousity, do you have HIDs then?
I would question the dealer whether it's really a GT model. I remember all the promo material and website talked about LED taillights. That was one of the selling points for me.

Tom

post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 04:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
I'd still like to get LEDs for my 09 but you scour the net and it comes up mostly for 2008 and earlier. I even tried several salvage yards for parts. Is the HID conversion just a lamp conversion?

pbnj
White 2009 Mazda 6 i-Touring
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-01-2012, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Novak
Hey PBNJ,

Have you checked with Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market yet? I just did a quick search and a bunch of LED tail lights came up. I'm not sure if there are any near your location but I'm sure some places will ship them to you.

2009 Mazda6 i Comet Gray

~
~

~
~
~

Feel Free to contact me

~Novak
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-02-2012, 12:18 AM

LED tail lights

Thanks Novak! I found some 2011 LED tail lights for about $135 each on another site. Should they work with an 09? Also, I found a couple side view mirrors with all the features(heat/bsm) plus integrated turn signals. Will they work with my 09?

Pete

pbnj
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-02-2012, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Novak
PBNJ,

Double check with the place selling the tail lights that they will work with your 09 but I see no reason why they wouldn't work. As far as the mirrors go, I don't believe those are going to work since your car needs the computer for it or something. I think you also need the rear view mirror as well for it to work.

Tail lights should be good, I wouldn't bank on the bsm and heat working though but I could be wrong.

2009 Mazda6 i Comet Gray

~
~

~
~
~

Feel Free to contact me

~Novak
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-02-2012, 01:39 AM

MY 09 outside mirrors already have BSM, and approach lighting so the only add would be the turn signal. So I wonder if it would still work. Not sure if the wiring for the signals is hidden in there or woould have to be created

pbnj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page