Problem with auto-folding mirrors - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well after a couple years of function, the passenger side mirror decided it doesnt want to auto fold anymore.

I can hear the motor spinning so I took it off and completely apart to see if I could see a possible problem. Unfortunately I didnt see any smoking gun. I put it back so I at least have a nice mirror with a turn signal in it. Luckily its folded out.

I know this is a long shot but does anyone know where I might be able to pick up a replacement motor/folding mechanism?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Shane23 Send a message via MSN to Shane23 Send a message via Yahoo to Shane23
+1 both of mine stopped working, im so pissed, i thought it was becuase people were probably trying to open them by hand and messed it up but then i figured that maybe it was just time, i have them folded out also, and when i press the switch they dont fold in so i just turn the switch off and leave them folded out, but if you want to close you can, just pull them.. I mean they're already broken, i think the teeth of the gears and motor wear out after a while with the whole opening and closing all the time..

i wanted to buy news one but dont wanna spend for it, i rather buy l.e.d tails..

| 2005 Mazda 6i (Performance White) |
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 10:16 PM

Groans: 4
Just wondering. I noticed speedline stopped carrying them. Where is the cheapest place to purchase a set ?

2007 6i sedan Stormfront Grey metallic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FS: Clear side markers, ETC throttle controller, & 03-05 blk cupholders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 10:51 PM

Groans: 5
my passenger side is starting to make an extra spinning noise after it closes. they still work, but i have left them on off auto fold to try to save the motors...mine are about a yr old. i would say just find some that are not auto fold, but still have the turn signals cuz they don't last too long...i think speedline still has those.

2007 6S ATX **SOLD
HID's 35w 5000K - clear side markers - smoked rear reflectors
- footwell leds - badgeless grill - eyelids - auxmod basic
- power folding mirrors w/turn signals
- 18x8 Rota P1 wheels w/Kumho ecsta SPT 225/40/18 tires
- Magnaflow CB exhaust - CPE Mafci intake
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

QUOTE (Shane23 @ Oct 23 2008, 05:03 PM)
Quote:
+1 both of mine stopped working, im so pissed, i thought it was becuase people were probably trying to open them by hand and messed it up but then i figured that maybe it was just time, i have them folded out also, and when i press the switch they dont fold in so i just turn the switch off and leave them folded out, but if you want to close you can, just pull them.. I mean they're already broken, i think the teeth of the gears and motor wear out after a while with the whole opening and closing all the time..

i wanted to buy news one but dont wanna spend for it, i rather buy l.e.d tails..[/b]
Did they both fail at the same time or one before the other? I figure the driver side will probably die soon as well then. I took the motor apart and didnt really see any broken teeth on the gears, so I'm not sure why they dont fold anymore. But I'm like you, at least they can fold if necessary, which is a step up from the non foldable stock ones.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Shane23 Send a message via MSN to Shane23 Send a message via Yahoo to Shane23
QUOTE (Blennidae @ Oct 23 2008, 10:52 PM)
Quote:
Did they both fail at the same time or one before the other? I figure the driver side will probably die soon as well then. I took the motor apart and didnt really see any broken teeth on the gears, so I'm not sure why they dont fold anymore. But I'm like you, at least they can fold if necessary, which is a step up from the non foldable stock ones.[/b]
my drivers side died first and then the passenger recently..

| 2005 Mazda 6i (Performance White) |
|
|
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 05:11 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
I have the same problem in a Mazda 6-2018.The problem is in to mechanism because this has a plastic gear.I found 2 types of gears for fix the problem 30 pins and 48 pins.Some one knows witch one is the correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in