Windshield Scratch Repair? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have this nasty Wiper blade scratch line. It happend during winter becuase my wiper blade went off a bit leaving the metal part of the wiper in contact with the windsheild glass .

Is there any do it yourself repair kit that I can buy or a polishing kit so I can buff the scratch line off abit?

Cardomain:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mods:CP-E mount,CP-E MAFCi,B&M tranny cooler, Axis reverb,Custom oil catch can,MSDS headers with highflow Cat,Magnaflow 14829 mufflers, Fi Q12 subwoofer,Kenwood X1200M,1200 watts RMS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 02:13 PM

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
I have this same thing to on my passenger side,, I actually got it shortly after I bought my car..

We dont stop playing cause we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing"

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 04:03 PM

http://www.janvil.com/?gclid=CNSLl4jd640CFQcmgAodFx3drA
or u can just go to autozone and pick up what they have there. Im sure i've seen some when i had to pick up stuff to fix rock chips on the windshield.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

I wonder if mine can be repaired at all. It's about .125 cm wide and it made an arc from the base of the windshield up. Anyways, I'll check something similar to that from Autozone.
Thanks for the linky.

Cardomain:
Mods:CP-E mount,CP-E MAFCi,B&M tranny cooler, Axis reverb,Custom oil catch can,MSDS headers with highflow Cat,Magnaflow 14829 mufflers, Fi Q12 subwoofer,Kenwood X1200M,1200 watts RMS

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 07:33 PM

i have like atleast 1000 tiny tiny rock chips in my windsheild and they are really annoying because all the other windows are perfectly clear and the front window is extreemly dirty. Anyone know a way to get these out?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 05:08 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
I just removed the annoying scratch on the windshield using cerium oxide.

I don't know the purpose of the sandpaper set but I believe the polisher should be sufficient.

I soaked the polisher in water just to be assured that it won't get dry. Then, I mixed the cerium oxide with water until I have a thin paste mixture.

I dipped the polisher on the cerium oxide mixture and started polishing the windshield.

I can't get a good view of the scratch but here it is.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page