LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi I am wanting to know how much a manual swap would be for a Mazda 6 3.0 wagon. My wagon has 88,000 miles and is an automatic. I have recently found a manual wagon but it has 156,thousand miles.i am trying to weigh my options which would be cheaper to do and what would be the best option. Thank you for reading. Also here is the post for the manual wagon I found (the unicorn ) https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/c...834118192.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
There is one other user on here that I know of that swapped in a manual for the Automatic. Unfortunately I dont know what their name is. I do seem to remember that they had a bit of trouble with the ecu regarding what gear it was in. If you have a donor car, it might be best to swap the low mile engine into the MTX car. Regardless, having a full parts car is the way to go so you can pull parts over as needed to make it work.

Long live the wagons!!!

Alex
2004 6s Wagon MTX - grocery hauler
---}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
{---

MODS: Tinted windows, RX8s with 225/45 R18s,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 02:43 PM

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Garage
Manual swap cost

It would probably be cheaper to swap your lower mileage engine into the manual car, along with any other upgrades you have done. To swap the trans into your car you need the wiring harness, ecu, instrument cluster, shifter, shifter linkage, clutch pedal mount, clutch master cylinder, I think you might also need the brake reservoir as well and Iím sure Iím missing some things. Thereís someone on here that did this last summer try searching around a little.

Honestly either way would be an interesting project so I say go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DJ Raydiate likes this.

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
To Come lowering springs, sway bars, subframe brace, strut tower brace
Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<- ->
<-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Garage
This may not be helpful, but my advice would be to hold out for a decent, driveable manual wagon and then sell your auto after you buy the manual. I bought my inspected, great condition manual wagon last summer for $1,650 with 158k-ish miles. This wagon (even with leather and aftermarket stuff) isn't worth anywhere close to $1,500 with two broken axles. If you're patient and willing to travel a bit, they're out there.

If you have to buy this manual wagon, it's not worth more than $500 at the scrapyard, whether the seller realizes it or not. Just my $0.02!

Manual transmissions, wagons, and heavy metal are awesome. Zoom-Zoom \m/

2004 Mazda 6s Wagon - 3.0L V6 | 5MT | Steel Gray Metallic |

Mods: 2015 OEM 17" 6 rims | NGK Iridium IX plugs | Matte black painted OEM wheels (winters) | Red painted calipers | Light black "smoked" headlights | R1 Concepts eLine rear rotors and pads | Rear V6 emblem added
Other Mazdas owned: 2015 Mazda 5 Sport ATX (current), 2010 Mazda 6 ATX (traded), 1997 Protege MTX (sold)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 04:16 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Garage
And why do you want to do this? Bad engine, bad tranny, want an MTX?

2016-Current: 2006 Mazda 6 GT - V6 - Hatchback w/NAV

2008-2015: 2004 Mazda 6 GS - I4

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page