Power Steering Pipe Leaking bad - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Power Steering Pipe Leaking bad

The power steering slowly leaked out of my '06 mazdaspeed6. I filled up. Checked for leaks. No leaks. Turned the car on turned the wheel a bunch, no leaks. I start to drive it and it pours all down the street. It's a pretty bad leak now. It is leaking at the section of pipe that goes in the driver side wheel well. It's all rusty where those round fins are. I think it is part number 32410b but that is expensive. Like 130 dollars. Is that just how much it is? I need it like ASAP this is my DD. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 07:27 PM
Track Racer

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Watson View Post
The power steering slowly leaked out of my '06 mazdaspeed6. I filled up. Checked for leaks. No leaks. Turned the car on turned the wheel a bunch, no leaks. I start to drive it and it pours all down the street. It's a pretty bad leak now. It is leaking at the section of pipe that goes in the driver side wheel well. It's all rusty where those round fins are. I think it is part number 32410b but that is expensive. Like 130 dollars. Is that just how much it is? I need it like ASAP this is my DD. Thank you!
@Byakuya or other moderator. Would you please move this to the appropriate section? Thanks

I think you may be referring to part # GP7B-32-410B (ATX) or GK2A-32-410H (MT)

It does rust out and cause problems. I suggest replacing it.
Try a salvage yard. I don't believe it is speed specific, only 4-cyl and your transmission type (MT or ATX)

I once repaired a rusted fuel tank (looked like it was hit with a blast from a shotgun) by removing it and cleaning it with a wire wheel then spray solvent and a nice coat of JB Weld followed by new paint. Worked for nearly 8 years till I sold it.

Not ideal but if you are on a budget (12 yr old speed 6 may not be for you...) it could bridge the gap.

Good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX, Performance White (A2N)
Modifications:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

I actually just found an old thread of the same exact issue!

http://forum.mazda6club.com/mazdaspe...ps-cooler.html

Reading it now. It actually looks different. Might be a GP9E32410C? or B? IDK

It actually looks like it has a heat sink cooler on it. Is there some sort of aftermarket part that would be cheaper? I may just end up putting some jb weld on it idk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018, 10:55 AM
Track Racer

Garage
Quote:
I actually just found an old thread of the same exact issue!

http://forum.mazda6club.com/mazdaspe...ps-cooler.html

Reading it now. It actually looks different. Might be a GP9E32410C? or B? IDK

It actually looks like it has a heat sink cooler on it. Is there some sort of aftermarket part that would be cheaper? I may just end up putting some jb weld on it idk.
If it is a return line it will be operating under low pressure. You could cut the bad section out and replace it with rubber hose and clamps; depending on where it is.

Modifications:

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

I ended up going with the dm power steering cooler kit. It was worth a Benjamin Franklin. Easy to install. Works like a charm. Will last a long long time.

https://www.damondmotorsports.com/products/mazdaspeed6
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 05:57 PM
Track Racer

Garage
Quote:
I ended up going with the dm power steering cooler kit. It was worth a Benjamin Franklin. Easy to install. Works like a charm. Will last a long long time.

https://www.damondmotorsports.com/products/mazdaspeed6

That was an excellent decision I think. Keeping fluids from overheating is key and difficult with how hot it gets under-hood on these creatures.

Modifications:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page