Check Engine Light - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-23-2014, 01:32 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
I agree with oldvet, if anything comes through with warranty and you need a new transmission make sure it's a brand new unit and not some sort of rebuild job at the dealership. Hope it's only software!!

When I bought mine I got a unlimited year unlimited mile powertrain warranty with the car courtesy of the dealership. I hope I never need to use it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 09:35 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Thanked 1,241 Times in 780 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
This issue was creeping up quite a bit on early CX-5 builds, such as early 2013 models. Like stated, some owners had a TCM reprogramming, a replaced valve body, or both. I believe the valve body is a revision, and has excellent success at correcting the issue.

Luckily, my very early 2013 CX-5 build has not experienced any such issues.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Ford Taurus SHO, 402A, Perf Pkg, Livernois Tuned
2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/ Tech
2002 Dodge Neon SXT
1972 Chevrolet C-10, 350/350
1967 Buick Skylark 2DR, 300/300
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Hows things

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartGroceries View Post
This issue was creeping up quite a bit on early CX-5 builds, such as early 2013 models. Like stated, some owners had a TCM reprogramming, a replaced valve body, or both. I believe the valve body is a revision, and has excellent success at correcting the issue.

Luckily, my very early 2013 CX-5 build has not experienced any such issues.
How is the SHO going ----talked to you before. Nice car. Test drove another one , very nice --- cant get a good price here yet. Oldvet
The Following User Says Thank You to Oldvet For This Useful Post:
IHeartGroceries (08-27-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 12:37 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Thanked 1,241 Times in 780 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldvet View Post
How is the SHO going ----talked to you before. Nice car. Test drove another one , very nice --- cant get a good price here yet. Oldvet
Oh, yeah. The SHO is sweet.

I really don't drive it much at all, though. It sits in my garage. That's not because it isn't fun and awesome. Haha! I don't really want to pile the miles on.

Plus, I've just recently done some work to my 72 Chevy, and it's fun to drive as well (in different ways), though hard on the wallet.
I have another beater I use to commute mostly, though, with the Chevy and Ford kind of acting as toys.

Even so, 20 MPG is easy to achieve in the SHO, even while blowing unsuspecting doors off. It's very quiet and very comfortable. When my wife and I go out on the weekends, I always take the SHO. And I see if I can make it back home without being told I drive like a maniac.

2013 Ford Taurus SHO, 402A, Perf Pkg, Livernois Tuned
2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/ Tech
2002 Dodge Neon SXT
1972 Chevrolet C-10, 350/350
1967 Buick Skylark 2DR, 300/300
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-12-2014, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just to update this thread. Took my car in for 30,000 mile service with a host of other issues as well along with the check engine light "AT transmission failed" issue.

They didn't get a code for transmission issue but the check engine light did throw a code and they noticed according to their notes that "Vehicle's RPM's would be higher than normal when at a stop." I guess that comes from them driving my car 15 miles for having it one day :-/.

They updated the software for the transmission, so they said that should get rid/fix the transmission issues I was having. They updated the software on my navigation which was making it act all funky and that was that. I told them to do my door seals but they didn't have them in stock and they wasn't going to replace them unless I was having problems so that should be in on Tuesday just for the driver side.

So if any of you guys are having transmission issues there might be an update to the software to fix that.

2014 Mazda 6 GT Jet Black Mica

(
)
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 03:51 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My wife just had this happen to her today... She's pretty pissed to say the least. going in tomorrow morning, wish me luck!

2015 BLACK 6
Stock
2003 Duramax
650hp/1229tq
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-26-2014, 11:41 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRiiCeLeSS View Post
Just to update this thread. Took my car in for 30,000 mile service with a host of other issues as well along with the check engine light "AT transmission failed" issue.

They didn't get a code for transmission issue but the check engine light did throw a code and they noticed according to their notes that "Vehicle's RPM's would be higher than normal when at a stop." I guess that comes from them driving my car 15 miles for having it one day :-/.

They updated the software for the transmission, so they said that should get rid/fix the transmission issues I was having. They updated the software on my navigation which was making it act all funky and that was that. I told them to do my door seals but they didn't have them in stock and they wasn't going to replace them unless I was having problems so that should be in on Tuesday just for the driver side.

So if any of you guys are having transmission issues there might be an update to the software to fix that.
Glad its not a serious issue - they like the Racing Beats and other mods?

MV-Tuning Body Kit
20" Niche Targa M130 / Kumho Ecsta ASX 245/40/20
Tanabe NF210 Lowering Springs
Racing Beat Exhaust + Resonator Delete / Corksport SRI
DDM HIDs / Interior / Trunk / License Plate LED Lighting
WeatherTech FloorLiners
Debadged Rear
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 08:32 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
This has apparently been a problem across the board for the skyactiv cars. There was a 3 in when I took mine in for door seals that was DOA from it.... co-incidentally they had to give up the loaner that was to be there for me, so I got stuck in an accord.. yucky.

2013 Volt (family car)
2013 MX5 Club PRHT (wife's toy)
2001 Firebird Formula (my toy
)
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-22-2014, 08:25 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I just had this happen today. I was going up a hill and the gas would not propel the car forward. I switched it to "manual mode" and it did not show which gear it was in just the little "M". My house was just a mile away so i made it home and turned it on and off and everything was normal again. I went to drive it somewhere else and then the "AT" light and Check engine light came on. I just put my snow wheels and tires on a few days ago and was hoping that wasnt the cause of this. I guess I'll have to go to the dealer on Monday.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-23-2014, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Even if the light goes out the code should be stored....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page