M6 performance enhancements - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-11-2014, 11:00 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
M6 performance enhancements

Any updates on the ECU Mods? Anybody had this done? Thoughts on it?

Last edited by Shua; 02-14-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 08:05 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not yet but I just ordered the tune package from them(dynotronics)... I will post when the stuff arrives, which includes mazda edit and open port.
Guinea pig number 1 standing by..
Soon I will also be testing the Mustang TB on this car to see if the ECU can control it, hopefully it can. And if it does I will be ordering from BBK soon.
keeping my fingers crossed.. diving into the unknown..

Last edited by Neochron; 08-08-2014 at 08:10 PM.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 10:17 AM
Learners License

Just an update...
Still waiting on the Open Port and the Software Lincense...
Hopefully we should see something real soon...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-16-2014, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
That's cool....I've had tuned and modded vehicles all my life including my current Altima and even Uplander 3.9 work van lol (engine/tranny retune/intake,etc) so once I grab a 2nd gen V6 Mazda6 this year, I'll be looking for some reliable tuning solution.

Keep us posted!
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 11:12 PM
Learners License

Well tried the Dynotronics tune, and well... all I can say I hope he comes up with something for the 3.7 platform. I've tried to hold out but can no longer do it, Joe is a good guy but the lack of communication just killed it for me. I just hope I can get my money back now, since I still don't have a tune.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-11-2014, 09:55 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
What exactly happened?? Does it seem the vendor just isn't interested in the Mazda6 V6 platform because not enough owners are interested??

I wish I could get ahold of Dave Coleman somehow- I was a longtime subscriber to Sport Compact Car and he was the engineering editor before leaving for Mazda R&D (shortly before the magazine went under).

He's also a huge car nut/guru and could possibly lend some insight into any possible tuning options or some little known tuning vendor that might help.

I know on my Uplander 3.9 VVT v6, I run an 87 octane tune right now (and tranny performance tune) and you still gain 5-10whp due to GM's conservative tuning even with low octane.

It would be cool to gain that much with 87 on the Mazda and even more on an 89-93 octane tune...

Add in a higher flowing intake, catback (and high flow cats) and perhaps a custom ypipe, you could likely be in the 290-305hp range (crank) with a higher octane program. Now that would be sweet...

Jeremy
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 09:28 AM
Ata
Learners License

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'll add all the information from this thread to my parts and vendor thread. I'm going to get it bumped back up so more people can see that there are performance parts for these cars, they're just a bitch to find.

Also, do we know if any of the other Ford Cyclone parts fit our cars (specifically from the 3.5 liter since those seem to be WAY more common than our 3.7).

I'm also wondering if we can swap the heads from an MKZ to our car for VVT on the intake and exhaust. Anyone look in to this yet?

PS

I can say without a doubt that the Throttle Body earthing was completely worth it and not placebo effect. I measured the voltage from the throttle body to the ground bolt on my car with a multimeter and it was registering .5~ volts at idle. That's absolutely nuts to me that just because of static electricity from air running by it would cause that, but after realizing that the throttle body is bolted to plastic on one side and rubber on the other, the static really doesn't have many places to go.

I'd definitely say it's made my throttle WAY more sensitive. When I used to push down my pedal slowly to see when it would register and how high the revs would go, they'd jump about 300 rpms from idle when it finally sensed the pedal was being depressed. After earthing the throttle body properly, I barely have to touch the pedal and it will slowly climb at 50-100 RPMs in a WAY more linear fashion. No real gains in the sense of power I'd say, but throttle response is for sure much better.

2010 Mazda6 S GT - Stock

Last edited by Ata; 04-22-2015 at 10:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page