***Official Custom Exhaust 2nd Gen Thread- POST YOUR PICS/Videos/SPECS!!!*** - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 214 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt4jake View Post
those metal exhaust pieces are removable this video shows how they can be removed
Nice find indeed! I like the hitch too. I do a lot of biking and may actually buy this thing. Appears to be on sale as well.

2009 Mazda 6s GT - Brilliant Silver
Injen CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 214 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
I have two questions:

1. Starting around :23 into the video when the engine comes down from a rev. What causes that fluttering sound and can that be eliminated? It would be nice if the sound decayed smoothly.

2. Tell me more about the horn mod at 1:56 in the video.

Thanks,

Tom

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 214 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
renny how much did all that cost u? I want the same exact shit

2010 Mazda 6 s GT 3.7L w/ Tech Pkg
255/35R20 TSW on Dunlop Direzza
Eibach Pro-Kit - Injen CAI - Kicker
Borla Pro XS 2.5

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 214 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
lol just ordered 2 of them !

2010 Mazda 6 s GT 3.7L w/ Tech Pkg
255/35R20 TSW on Dunlop Direzza
Eibach Pro-Kit - Injen CAI - Kicker
Borla Pro XS 2.5

post #25 of 214 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

I am glad to help out and that you all enjoyed the video. I have got a ton of compliments on the way it sounds today. I am too used to the quiet sound of the stock exhaust though I think. I love the way it sounds as deep as it is. The only thing I don't care for personally is the cabin noise. Its a bit too loud for my taste's. I'm not 100% yet but I am leaning toward the idea of purchasing an 18" long vibrant straight through resonator to install to take some of the noise down to lessen the cabin noise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrequency View Post
Renny,
It sounds awesome, thanks for posting up such nice video! This is exactly the sound I'm looking for too. When you pulled up next to the camera, I hear that you have the same whistle that I do. I've done some research and I think it's the fuel pump or something but drives me crazy either way. I'm glad it's probably driving someone else crazy too (misery loves company).
I am not sure about the whistle you mention I have tried to listen for it. I was thinking it was just the CAI but maybe I am wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyz23 View Post
I have two questions:
1. Starting around :23 into the video when the engine comes down from a rev. What causes that fluttering sound and can that be eliminated? It would be nice if the sound decayed smoothly.
2. Tell me more about the horn mod at 1:56 in the video.
Thanks,
1.I noticed this also and I researched around to find out possible causes. There possibly could be a leak in the welds which I checked and listened too over and over so I am sure this is not the case.I read after a new install the sound possibly goes away in a few days. I also read that having no resonator in some systems helps produces this in some cases. Ill have to wait and see I am hoping it just goes away.
2. As for the horn it was just some random truck that was driving by on the main road lol. I edited alot out in the videos, and I liked that too so I left it in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danthemuffinman View Post
renny how much did all that cost u? I want the same exact shit
The mufflers were $89 each which I purchased from Wicked Nicky's Exhaust and then $100 for installation, piping and taking out resonator.

2009 Mazda 6sT Ebony Black 3.7L V6 Sold

Last edited by renny83; 04-20-2012 at 11:29 PM.
post #26 of 214 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 11:12 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renny83 View Post
2. As for the horn it was just some random truck that was driving by on the main road lol. I edited alot out in the videos, and I liked that too so I left it in there.
That's too bad. It would be a sweet horn on our cars. I used to have air horns on my previous car, but the compressor went out after a few years. Luckily I had both the regular horns and air horns hooked up, so it just fell back to the regular horn.

Tom

post #27 of 214 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 02:47 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
i'm really debating about cutting the rear diffuser on the v6, and putting a quad tip setup.

any input?

2009 Mazda 6 - Performance White V6

post #28 of 214 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 11:11 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

This what I did two days ago, I think it sounds good both in the cabin and outside.. Not to loud but loud enough to get some attention..

Hydodipped engine cover | Fire Orange Powdercoated Injen CAI w/ Hydro-Shield | 15% Tint | LOC | 12" Memphis Audio in sealed box | Quantum Audio Amp |Enkei EKM3 18x7.5 Wrapped w/ Falken Ziex 912 235/45/18 tires | Smoked Taillights | B&G Springs | Audi style LED strip in headlights | H9 3000k fog lights | Custom engine cover | AWR Dog bone mount | custom cat-back exhaust w/ Raptor Mufflers

post #29 of 214 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankit69 View Post
i'm really debating about cutting the rear diffuser on the v6, and putting a quad tip setup.
any input?
I think it would look pretty sick if done the right way. It would definitely be a first. I am pretty sure a shop would work with you to make the idea happen.

2009 Mazda 6sT Ebony Black 3.7L V6 Sold

post #30 of 214 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 11:26 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankit69 View Post

any input?
I would be interested to see how that looks. I think it would be pretty cool

Hydodipped engine cover | Fire Orange Powdercoated Injen CAI w/ Hydro-Shield | 15% Tint | LOC | 12" Memphis Audio in sealed box | Quantum Audio Amp |Enkei EKM3 18x7.5 Wrapped w/ Falken Ziex 912 235/45/18 tires | Smoked Taillights | B&G Springs | Audi style LED strip in headlights | H9 3000k fog lights | Custom engine cover | AWR Dog bone mount | custom cat-back exhaust w/ Raptor Mufflers

Last edited by ozracin; 04-21-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page