Second Gen Engine/Trans Software update? - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 922
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Thanks: 127
Thanked 59 Times in 51 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
I was just wondering. This is my first car with OBD II. Do manufacturers make updates available for these cars? I was wondering if they may update the software to improve the power train. ie Performance, Shifting, gas mileage, etc.?

The reason I ask is it seams like the 2009 s is a little soft on the downshift. If I slam the gas the car doesn't seem to go down enough gears to throw me back in the seat.

I used to drive a Ford Probe with and automatic and when you slam the gas that car would aggressively down shift and take off whining up to high RPMs. I would love to have a little more aggressive shifting program in this 6s.

Also, Is there a way to see what version of the firmware is loaded in the car?

Tom


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tommyz23 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 12:59 AM
Registered User
 
Brampton6s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
QUOTE (Tom Z @ Feb 4 2010, 09:43 PM)
Quote:
I was just wondering. This is my first car with OBD II. Do manufacturers make updates available for these cars? I was wondering if they may update the software to improve the power train. ie Performance, Shifting, gas mileage, etc.?

The reason I ask is it seams like the 2009 s is a little soft on the downshift. If I slam the gas the car doesn't seem to go down enough gears to throw me back in the seat.

I used to drive a Ford Probe with and automatic and when you slam the gas that car would aggressively down shift and take off whining up to high RPMs. I would love to have a little more aggressive shifting program in this 6s.

Also, Is there a way to see what version of the firmware is loaded in the car?[/b]


Use manual mode and downshift yourself one or two gears,big differance.....................at least in my old gen 1 6s it was,should be the same for Gen2.

2009 Onyx GT-I4
Loaded except Navi
Tint (35% all around)
Remote Start


2005 GS-V6 (traded in)
Brampton6s is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 08:28 AM
Learners License
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Macomb, MI
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
QUOTE (Tom Z @ Feb 4 2010, 07:43 PM)
Quote:
I was just wondering. This is my first car with OBD II. Do manufacturers make updates available for these cars? I was wondering if they may update the software to improve the power train. ie Performance, Shifting, gas mileage, etc.?

The reason I ask is it seams like the 2009 s is a little soft on the downshift. If I slam the gas the car doesn't seem to go down enough gears to throw me back in the seat.

I used to drive a Ford Probe with and automatic and when you slam the gas that car would aggressively down shift and take off whining up to high RPMs. I would love to have a little more aggressive shifting program in this 6s.

Also, Is there a way to see what version of the firmware is loaded in the car?[/b]
There seems to be one. Check out my previous post below.

ECM TSB - 2009 M6 i
estrada_ed is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2010, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 922
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Thanks: 127
Thanked 59 Times in 51 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
QUOTE (ee57 @ Feb 5 2010, 07:28 AM)
Quote:
There seems to be one. Check out my previous post below.

ECM TSB - 2009 M6 i[/b]
I saw that. I have a 2009 s with the V6 engine.

Tom


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tommyz23 is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 11:20 PM
Learners License
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by estrada_ed View Post
QUOTE (Tom Z @ Feb 4 2010, 07:43 PM)

There seems to be one. Check out my previous post below.

ECM TSB - 2009 M6 i
I am not able to view this tsb. anyone have another link?
kps88 is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Learners License
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Here is short desc of that ECM update.

"On certain 2010 CX-7 vehicles and 2009-2010 Mazda6 vehicles, a readiness status code, which is used for OBD-II Readiness Test, may be incorrectly set due to improper programming of the evaporative monitoring system."

I agree with you on the shifting, its my least favorite feature of car. For me it is mainly 3-1 downshift. When slowing down it just loves keeping in 3rd, so when I try to accelerate after slowing for stop it barely moves because its still in 3rd, and then because its barely moving I give it more gas, then it suddenly shoots forward after downshifting to 1st. I think my style of driving and this transmission just do not match : P

Also whats annoying(and dangerous) is fact that if you push pedal are right(or wrong) rate, the tranmission wont know what gear to downshift too, and you ending not going anywhere for 1-2s. Its only happened to me a couple times, but once was while trying to cross a highway and nearly got me hit.
czb182 is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2011, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 922
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Thanks: 127
Thanked 59 Times in 51 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by czb182 View Post
Here is short desc of that ECM update.

"On certain 2010 CX-7 vehicles and 2009-2010 Mazda6 vehicles, a readiness status code, which is used for OBD-II Readiness Test, may be incorrectly set due to improper programming of the evaporative monitoring system."

I agree with you on the shifting, its my least favorite feature of car. For me it is mainly 3-1 downshift. When slowing down it just loves keeping in 3rd, so when I try to accelerate after slowing for stop it barely moves because its still in 3rd, and then because its barely moving I give it more gas, then it suddenly shoots forward after downshifting to 1st. I think my style of driving and this transmission just do not match : P

Also whats annoying(and dangerous) is fact that if you push pedal are right(or wrong) rate, the tranmission wont know what gear to downshift too, and you ending not going anywhere for 1-2s. Its only happened to me a couple times, but once was while trying to cross a highway and nearly got me hit.
This transmission really needs some tweaks to the programing. It would be nice if some after market company would come out with a programmer allowing you to switch between normal and sport.

Maybe some day?

Tom


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tommyz23 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome