post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello all,

I'm starting my second go around with the Mazda 6. My first attempt was a 2003 I model that had all kinds of mechanical problems. I finally got tired of all the problems and decided to buy a Toyota.

Anyway we commute about 60 miles a day and I got tried of driving the Toyota so I decide to come back to Mazda. I purchased a 2009 6-Speed I Touring version. Anyway we have had it now for just over two weeks and it has just over 1000 miles on it. What I'm noticing and what scares me is that when we get home from driving it around and put it in the garage I get this warm chemical smell.

What I'm trying to figure out is if it's just the coatings and paint on parts that might be baking or if there is something wrong with the clutch and what I'm smelling is the clutch burning. Both my wife and I have lots of experience driving a stick. Neither of us rip out from the light or skip the car on starts. Neither of us ride the clutch pedal. The smell seems to be stronger when we are driving around town then when we drive home from work on the highway.

Anyone experience anything like this.

Thanks
Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 06:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to ms6-nbd
New car burn off, no need to worry.

2006 LPM GT
:Mods Installed- CP-E CAI, Windows tinted, 12' Sub.
:Mods waiting for me to get back from the desert- DEFI Boost Gauge, Stage 2 Short Throw w/ Boot and Bushings, DashHawk, Block8Head Pod, Speed6 floormats (not a mod but i hate the autozone gas pedal stoppers), ETS Cat-Back, Forge BPV, J-spec Taillights, StopTech Slotted Front and Rear Rotor Set, Hawk HPS Front Brake Pads, Hawk HPS Rear Brake Pads, 7" Shorty Antenna, CPE Turbo Inlet Pipe, Black Out Rear Bumper Reflector, MAZDASPEED 6, Flying M"
:Waiting to buy- ??????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ealer Visit- VVT Pin, RR Diff Leak.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 09:51 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
Also looks for blue tape or other items that he dealer should have taken off. Many reports of blue tape in the engine compartment and that could burn on something hot under the hood.

~Mike

2009 Mazda 6 GT in Sangria Red.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Ok I'll look under the hood to see if I see anything. It was just strange that we seem to smell it worse when we drive it in town. But maybe that's due to having less air moving around the car then when we drive it on the highway. The in town smell being stronger is what made me thing of the clutch. Obviously we get on the highway and don't touch the clutch for some distance.

Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page