How to: Installing Sender for gauges - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to blackmagik_13 Send a message via MSN to blackmagik_13 Send a message via Yahoo to blackmagik_13
Ok so I get like 1,895,345 x 81 PM's about "what do I need to install these gauges" and I figure, why keep putting all this info together in a PM when I can just post a thread about it and point whoever wonders in the right direction.

Also, it's tiring for me to have to look up the info a jillion times... really.

So here tis.

BEFOREHAND, understand this:

If I were to say "1/8 inch-27NPT", this means "1/8 inch inner diameter, 27 threads per inch, National Pipe Thread"... it's all one size.

ALSO, use teflon tape on most threading unless otherwise stated.

Preface: Here's a OLD SCHOOL video (I've gotten much better since...) of how to remove the map console lid thing... as stated, it's old school but it gets the message across and has been helpful in the past so, here tis:

Blackmagik Productions : Console Removal for Pods

Oil Temp: The area where you put the fitting (just below and to the left of the dipstick in the block [There's a silver colored Allen head pipe plug in the hole... remove it - that's where your oil temp sender and reducer bushing will go]) will be from 1/4 NPT to 1/8" NPT (Reducer bushing) The Oil Temp Sender is 1/8" NPT, which connects straight into the reducer bushing.

Oil Pressure: Stock sender located to the left of the oil filter must be removed. Must get 1/4" NPT to 1/8" NPT, some extra HYDRAULIC STAINLESS STEEL BRAIDED hose to extend upwards (must be hydralic SS hose or it will leak!!!). Place a T-fitting at the end of the hose that extends to the top of the engine bay, which needs to be 1/4" NPT for the stock sender, "xx" NPT (whatever size the hydraulic hose is), and "xx" NPT (whatever size your sender is).

Tranny Temp: Take your T fitting and place the two hose adapters in either side. Then in the bottom of the T, take your 1/8 adapter and install that. Then take your temperature sender and install that into the 1/8 adapter. You will need to use Teflon tape on the 2 hose adapters and the 1/8 adapter. Do not use any teflon tape between the sender and the adapter.(dagmz6s)

WARNING!!! Install the T fitting on the tranny line w/ the BLUE DOT!!! This is the exit line from the tranny, which will give you more accurate readings. The fitting is installed on the wrong line in the picture.

Before you finish this step you need to install something to ground the T. This will be done with a worm clamp and a terminal ring. You will place the terminal ring under the worm clamp and tighten it onto the T as much as possible. When you install the ground wire you will just clamp it into this terminal ring.

*sigh* That's the jist of it. Should help alot of people out. I'll try and look up sizes and all that jazz later, but for now... there it is. Out of my way.

kthnxmods sticky maybe?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 07:33 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
werd dude, this should help out alot of people!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to blackmagik_13 Send a message via MSN to blackmagik_13 Send a message via Yahoo to blackmagik_13
Should keep my Inbox from filling up as fast also

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 08:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm installing the same gauges but all of mine are mechanical, so maybe I should do a different right up since everything is different.

There are also 2 of those allen head fittings on the block (look at pic) so you could use those instead of removing the stock sensor. Although the stock sensor is useless. I've had the light come on when my mech. oil pressure gauges reads above 15psi.

CANADA / TORONTO MAZDA6CLUB MODERATOR Current Dyno - 205whp, 180wtq
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-05-2007, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

A different right up would be awesome There's no way I'd do mechanical gauges, as you're actually having fluids run into your car and to the gauge, which is a risk I wouldn't really want to take.

Also, your pic, 6i or 6s engine?

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 04:14 PM

what length hydraulic hose do I need to get?
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That pic is a 6s. It's right behind the throttle body. You have to remove the battery and the intake, to get to that part of the head easily. But even after all that work it's much easier to work with that the spot you suggested, I know because I used the spot you mention for my oil pressure gauge. And the line runs all the way around the car and finally up to the gauge.

MECHANICAL ALL THE WAY !!!!!

CANADA / TORONTO MAZDA6CLUB MODERATOR Current Dyno - 205whp, 180wtq
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 04:35 PM

black, you are da man! i bet your inbox will definitely not be as filled with PMs now...

2005 Mazda6 3.0L MODS: Too many to list

2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R (Black) to go sh*tballs fast...
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
what length hydraulic hose do I need to get?[/b]

I think I got just under 2ft or right around there. Take a measurement from where you're supposed to mount the plumbing and bring it up however far you'd like, it's your call. I barely gave myself enough room so I'd think a little too much is better than too little

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Learners License

Quote:
I think I got just under 2ft or right around there. Take a measurement from where you're supposed to mount the plumbing and bring it up however far you'd like, it's your call. I barely gave myself enough room so I'd think a little too much is better than too little [/b]
Aye Ya'll, where would I buy the hose from? I got all the other pieces.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page