Blackmagik's MULTIPLE Exhaust Compilation - Page 4 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to blackmagik_13 Send a message via MSN to blackmagik_13 Send a message via Yahoo to blackmagik_13
Fuck yeah they were gonna take it! Think, if you saw a camera just laying there on the ground in the middle of the road, wtf would you think?

Lucky lucky man! Wonder what they thought when you pulled between them and the cam and picked it up, haha.

Sounds good man, I'll add it to the main post. Thanks for the contribution!

Quote:
What was you take on your straight pipe exhaust? I am planning on doing mine for the hell of it until I get in my mufflers. Was it way too loud? It is hard to tell from video exactly what daily driving is like.
Dont get me wrong I am going to do it regard less, just like to hear your take.[/b]
I still have the straight pipes on my car b/c I liked the sound of them the best. Most aggressive, more "throaty" than other exhausts, etc. And it's got that badass growl / rumble on downshifts. Not way to loud, it can get tiring at times (only during acceleration) but I usually have music on most of the time, so no worries.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 01:55 PM

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Sounds good man, I'll add it to the main post. Thanks for the contribution!
I still have the straight pipes on my car b/c I liked the sound of them the best. Most aggressive, more "throaty" than other exhausts, etc. And it's got that badass growl / rumble on downshifts. Not way to loud, it can get tiring at times (only during acceleration) but I usually have music on most of the time, so no worries.
[/b]
Awesome! Thanks man. I can't wait to put mine up. I think that I am going to replace the y pipe with a Borla 1 to 2 muffler. I will definitly post up the video when she is done.

2006 DC 6S Sport MTX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I like that straight pipe sound... might have to try that out first before i cut the muffler in
The bosal sounds real nice too from the 2 clips i heard here! Decisions decisions!
I guess starting with the pipes is easiest than i'll add the borla 1-2, and worst comes to worst just cange the muffler later if i don't like it...Me and USAF 6s are gonna work on gettin the best sound possible at a great price and hopefully soon...just ordered the bending die....

Are all the systems the same diameter pipe? is 2.5" about standard?

Quote:
Awesome! Thanks man. I can't wait to put mine up. I think that I am going to replace the y pipe with a Borla 1 to 2 muffler. I will definitly post up the video when she is done.
[/b]

2005 Mazda6 S MTX Hatch Lapis Blue, Black leather, moonroof, Bose Audio, Auto Climate Control, Homelink,
Eating more of my money every Week!

<div align="center">RkeyTek

<div align="center">MetalArchitect.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 10:02 PM

niiice, thanks a lot. this will come in handy

2003 steel grey mazda6s mtx appearance package

post #35 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 12:13 AM

Quote:
is the bosal exhaust the same as the mazdaspeed?

lol...was that car gonna steal your camera?
[/b]
As I understand it the current catback offering for the 6s from Mazdaspeed is NOT manufactured by Bosal. The Bosal kit I purchased does however, have the Mazdaspeed logo all over it... in different sizes too!

Dents courtesy of UPS, I&#39;m sure.

I still have some fitment issues to try to work out. You can kinda see that it&#39;s not fitting evenly in this pic:

I love the sound from the outside and it sounds good inside as long as I&#39;m accelerating or decelerating, but just cruising sucks. It annoys the hell out of me. I&#39;m gonna have to do something about that. Not sure what yet.

Oh yeah - the other thing about this kit - mine didn&#39;t come with any hardware. I already had Kartboy hangers waiting to be installed, but I had to scrounge up some nuts & bolts to attach the mufflers at the Y-split. It also didn&#39;t come with any gaskets. I&#39;m running without right now and I have some small leaks. I&#39;ll have to do something about that as well.

Regarding the camera - as Blackmagik said, I&#39;m sure those guys would have taken it if they had the chance. It&#39;s a good thing I got back when I did...
post #36 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 07:55 PM

Mazdaspeed exhaust

I&#39;m having Mike2005&#39;s MazdaSpeed exhaust installed this weekend, I&#39;ll try to take a clip of it when it&#39;s done. His is posted above (from 40-80mph). I guess this has an extra resonator welded in, so I&#39;m sure that makes a difference. V6 BTW.

"Zoom freaking Zoom"
post #37 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-10-2006, 12:09 AM

MazdaSpeed/Bosal exhaust video

Here&#39;s my vid of the MazdaSpeed/Bosal exhaust. I like the sound a lot, especially when deccelerating down through 3rd and 2nd gear.

"Zoom freaking Zoom"
post #38 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 11:50 AM

Send a message via AIM to HighSpeed6 Send a message via Skype™ to HighSpeed6
Here is the Injen SES Catback with MAFci. I think it sounds so mean. Picture first, video link at the bottom. Turn your speakers up, and if you have a sub turn up that bass. This is on a warm engine.

Injen SES Exhaust Vid w/ MAFci.

|206HP| |204TQ|
post #39 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to blackmagik_13 Send a message via MSN to blackmagik_13 Send a message via Yahoo to blackmagik_13

I miss that exhaust so bad. Sounds so badass and looks terrific.

Great contribution man!

post #40 of 86 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 05:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to HighSpeed6 Send a message via Skype™ to HighSpeed6
Wait till I get the CP-e Intake!

|206HP| |204TQ|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page