Mazda 6 Forums banner

Great air conditioner

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  MZ6ZoomZoom 
#1 ·
For those of you who have never experienced Central Florida heat in the summertime, imagine a chili fart wrapped in Oprah's armpit, stuffed in a pizza oven. I can personally testify that the MAZ6 air conditioner is more than equal to the job. Even without extra window tinting, I find myself feeling TOO cold some of the time.

For me, this is like a sub six second zero to sixty time.

#2 ·
Reading Topic: Great air conditioner

I live in tropical Singapore and my M6 is due mid-July. I am so pleased to read your post about the great air-conditioner! But I will do the extra-tinting nonetheless as the all-year sunshine is bad for the factory leather...and I just love 'cold' ...

#5 ·
Replying to Topic 'Great air conditioner'

Originally posted by mitchfried

For those of you who have never experienced Central Florida heat in the summertime, imagine a chili fart wrapped in Oprah's armpit, stuffed in a pizza oven.  [/b]
Are we talking about a run of the mill, 400 degree pizza oven at the local Pizza Hut, or an 850 degree stone oven that those fancy italian places use?

G
#9 ·

does anyone have a problem with thier windshield icing up during evening or early morning hours. Mine has blowback to the windshield in any mode you put it in, and if the windhield isnt 100 degrees, it ices up causing impaired vision.

#13 ·
Reading Topic: Great

Tasting like Pizza Hut is considered a good thing?
This is why I rarely eat pizza when I leave CT/NY

#14 ·

I personally like Bertucci's brick oven pizza. NYC pizza tends to be pretty good if you find the right spots, but nothin' beats a brick oven pizza. ;)

MZ6... Why do I know Southbury, CT? :) My fiance is from Wethersfield just below Hartford. We're getting married in September in Farmington. I think our photographer is in Southbury.

#15 ·

Originally posted by kyler13

I personally like Bertucci's brick oven pizza.  NYC pizza tends to be pretty good if you find the right spots, but nothin' beats a brick oven pizza.  ;)

MZ6...  Why do I know Southbury, CT?  :)  My fiance is from Wethersfield just below Hartford.  We're getting married in September in Farmington.  I think our photographer is in Southbury.[/b]
Southbury is between Waterbury and Danbury on I-84... about 40 mins from Hartford.
It's a very large town geographically (exits 13-16 on I-84) and decent sized population (20,000). So it doesn't surprise me that you've heard about it. There's nothing actually special about the town though.

That's cool if the photographer is from here.

If you're in the area and want pizza, try Vinnies in Middlebury or Southington, that's great pizza (really high quality toppings) or Modern, Sally's, or Pepe's in New Haven. Those are real famous places.

#17 ·

Not really icing, but I know what you mean.  Even if I have the A/C coming out the front vents, I get a little bit still hitting the windshield and causing the outside humidity to condense.[/b]
Can anybody else attest to this problem? With the insane levels of moisture here over the last few weeks, it's really starting to get annoying. There's gotta be a way to shut that valve completely.

Would appreciate anybody who thinks about it running their hand over the defroster while control is on "panel only" to check for leak-by. If everybody's got the problem I guess I'll get some Rain-X anti-fog or something and just deal with it. If not I'm headed to the dealer service department.

#18 ·

Originally posted by MZ6ZoomZoom

I personally like Bertucci's brick oven pizza.  NYC pizza tends to be pretty good if you find the right spots, but nothin' beats a brick oven pizza.  ;)

MZ6...  Why do I know Southbury, CT?  :)  My fiance is from Wethersfield just below Hartford.  We're getting married in September in Farmington.  I think our photographer is in Southbury.[/b]
Southbury is between Waterbury and Danbury on I-84... about 40 mins from Hartford.
It's a very large town geographically (exits 13-16 on I-84) and decent sized population (20,000). So it doesn't surprise me that you've heard about it. There's nothing actually special about the town though.

That's cool if the photographer is from here.

If you're in the area and want pizza, try Vinnies in Middlebury or Southington, that's great pizza (really high quality toppings) or Modern, Sally's, or Pepe's in New Haven. Those are real famous places.[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the tips. Being that I'm not from CT, it's hard to keep the towns straight. Everything seems to end in -bury, -ford, -field, or -ton. :D

#19 ·
Reading Topic: Readi

HAHA. It's true. Middlebury, Southbury, Danbury, Waterbury, Roxbury

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.