post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Headlight Issue

I have a 2010 model, halogen lights. I just had to replace the entire passenger side assembly because of a broken bulb retainer. After getting everything all put back together and wires connected, I have a stupid issue.

On the passenger headlight, the turn signal only lights up when it is engaged. In other words, I should have a constant orange/yellow light but I don’t; only when I use the hazard switch or I engage the right signal. I’ve checked the wires, everything is connected fine. I didn’t have this issue before the assembly swap.

My 2nd issue is after reconnecting all the wires, the reflector light on my driver side is not lighting up. Again, never had this issue before the swap.

The reflector light could just be a blown bulb, I haven’t looked at that one yet. But the turn signal issue is weird. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 04:04 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigheel15 View Post
I have a 2010 model, halogen lights. I just had to replace the entire passenger side assembly because of a broken bulb retainer. After getting everything all put back together and wires connected, I have a stupid issue.

On the passenger headlight, the turn signal only lights up when it is engaged. In other words, I should have a constant orange/yellow light but I don’t; only when I use the hazard switch or I engage the right signal. I’ve checked the wires, everything is connected fine. I didn’t have this issue before the assembly swap.

My 2nd issue is after reconnecting all the wires, the reflector light on my driver side is not lighting up. Again, never had this issue before the swap.

The reflector light could just be a blown bulb, I haven’t looked at that one yet. But the turn signal issue is weird. Any thoughts?
I would check that the new aftermarket headlight assembly has all the same pins and internal wires as the vehicles wiring loom going into it. You will have to unplug the connector and visually check that the headlight has all the pins that the cars has wires. It might just be a matter of pulling the pinned wire out of your old headlight and installing it into the new one.

I am not entirely familiar with the 2nd Gen car but if you have turn bulb that light as a running or marker light then gets brighter when you use the turn or hazard indicator switch this will require two wires and two corresponding pins in the connector.
If the turn indicator is always on with the running/marker light and only blinks off when you engage the indicator switch then that is likely a reversed ground.
Check the connector first and see if it is an obvious omission in wiring or pins.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mozz-D
2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page