Mazda 6 Forums banner

Disable AFS?

15K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  TalonTsi90 
#1 ·
Does anybody know how to disable the AFS?? I installed some aftermarket GT style headlights and it's triggering the AFS light (blinking). I know theres a button to turn it off but it doesn't work I'm assuming since I removed the original headlight the system thinks theres a malfunction with the AFS.

AFS (Adaptive Front-lighting System)

#6 ·
I don't like the DRL on the 14-15 GT oem headlights I prefer the 16-17 GT DRL
OEM

Aftermarket

I thought there would be an easier way to turn off or disable the AFS like in the toyo/lexus u just pull a fuse and it's done in a second.

Attachments

#3 ·
The system is doing exactly what it's supposed to - I am unaware of a way to disable this. Check your owner's manual or fiddle with the in-car settings to see if you can find anything, but I doubt they'd allow you to turn a warning off.

#5 ·
There must be a regulated change in the LED driver of the aftermarket vs OEM that is tripping the computer. Not sure you can find a way to disable it. Only method I can conceive is flashing the computer so that the parameters match the driver of the aftermarket, but I'm not even sure that's possible.

#10 · (Edited)
Wow... you &$&#*%!! The AFS is part of the SCBS, Radar Cruise and other safety features. Removing the lights cause you dont like their looks is gonna disable your whole car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.